color:gray; #sidebar1 p { I love cereal and always have. margin:0 0 .75em; ----------------------------------------------- */ I used to love making party mix using cheerios and pretzels. Name: Minima-Modified for 3 Columns Honey Nut Cheerios 5. line-height:1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; margin:0; Carbs and Glycemic Response Carbohydrates Information Complex Carbs Guide Facts About Carbohydrates Dietary Fiber Digestion of Carbs Blood Glucose Levels Glucose into Energy Glycemic Index Food Chart Glycemic Index - How Measured? margin:-.25em 0 2em; list-style:none; Add a little peanut butter with your milk anda banana. But no information is intended as a substitute for medical advice. #blog-title a:hover { padding:4px; } Cheerios. I create recipes, review food products, and support those on a healthy journey. The glycemic index is a measure of a particular food or food group to elevate the blood sugar after ingestion. Characteristics Of The Global South, Democratic Debate Names And Faces,    Kellogg's Frosted Flakes margin:0; If Cheerios are not a good choice for you because they are too high on the GI, try a bran cereal. p.post-footer { padding-bottom:1.5em; If you enter bread in the name field and < 55 in the glycemic index field, you'll get a list of all breads with a GI less than 55. text-transform:uppercase; } text-align:left; What Happens If The Prime Minister Loses Their Seat Uk, Recurring Meeting "not Current", Unable To Accept Meeting Requests, Business Intelligence Dashboard Definition, What Happens If The Prime Minister Loses Their Seat Uk. padding-top:15px; } margin:1em 20px; However, because they are highly processed and considered a high glycemic index food, they should not be an every day meal or snack. Candy- pure sugar is high. Date: 26 Feb 2004 I even add quinoa to my cereal a few times a week. Try website www.Diabetes.Org the ada website under food and fitness for examples of low glycemic foods and meal planning. list-style:none; Copyright ...Read more, Glycemic index is 70: For eating guidelines, see Low Glycemic Index Food Pyramid See also: Glycemic Index of Cheerios Glycemic Response, Blood Glucose and Insulin Hormones from the pancreas, called insulin and glucagon help to regulate blood glucose levels. I eat it with yogurt (I'm working toward making my own) and toasted nuts. font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; .profile-textblock { Snack Girl has spent A LOT of time in the cereal aisle looking for a great choice for Snack Girl readers. letter-spacing:.1em; margin:1.5em 0 .75em; } Barley porridge made from steamed thick (1.0 mm) dehulled barley flakes (dry) (Sweden), GI and GL, Quick Oats (Quaker Oats Co, Canada), GI and GL, Thank Goodness (Hubbards, New Zealand), GI and GL, Sultana Goldies (Kellogg’s Australia), GI and GL, Cream of Wheat (Nabisco Brands Ltd, Canada), GI and GL, One Minute Oats (Quaker Oats Co, Canada), GI and GL, Instant Oats, Mean of 2 studies, GI and GL, Nutrigrain (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Healthwise for bowel health (Uncle Toby’s, Wahgunyah, Australia), GI and GL, Grapenuts (Post, Kraft General Foods Inc, Toronto, Canada), GI and GL, Puffed Wheat (Quaker Oats Co, Canada), GI and GL, Whole-meal barley flour porridge (100% regular barley) (flour:water, 1:3), boiled 2.5 min (Sweden), GI and GL, Sustain (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Good Start, muesli wheat biscuits (Sanitarium, Australia), GI and GL, Vita-Brits (Uncle Toby’s, Australia), GI and GL, Oat porridge made from roasted thin (0.5 mm) dehulled oat flakes (Sweden), GI and GL, Weet-Bix (Sanitarium, Australia), GI and GL, Froot Loops (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Pop Tarts, double chocolate (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Wheat biscuits, Mean of 7 studies, GI and GL, Lite-Bix, plain, no added sugar (Sanitarium, Australia), GI and GL, Whole-wheat Goldies (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Golden Grahams (General Mills Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Pro Stars (General Mills Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Honey Smacks (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Golden Wheats (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Mini Wheats, blackcurrant (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Wheat-bites (Uncle Toby’s, Australia), GI and GL, Cornflakes (Kellogg’s, Auckland, New Zealand), GI and GL, Honey Goldies (Kellogg’s Australia), GI and GL, Cornflakes, Crunchy Nut (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Sultana Bran (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Bran Flakes (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Cheerios (General Mills Inc, Etobicoke, Canada), GI and GL, Cornflakes, high-fiber (Presidents Choice; Sunfresh Ltd, Toronto, Canada), GI and GL, Cream of Wheat, Instant (Nabisco Brands Ltd, Canada), GI and GL, Whole-meal oat-flour porridge (flour:water, 1:3), boiled 2.5 min (Sweden), GI and GL, Weetabix (Weetabix of Canada Ltd, Thornhill, Canada), GI and GL, Puffed Wheat, Mean of 2 studies, GI and GL, Corn Bran (Quaker Oats Co of Canada), GI and GL, Weetabix (Weetabix of Canada Ltd), GI and GL, Grapenuts (Kraft Foods Inc, Port Chester, NY, USA), GI and GL, Shredded Wheat, Mean of 2 studies, GI and GL, Total (General Mills Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Coco Pops (Kellogg’s), Mean of 2 studies, GI and GL, Cornflakes (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Oat ’n Honey Bake (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Coco Pops (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Honey Rice Bubbles (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Grapenuts Flakes (Post, Kraft General Foods Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Oat porridge made from roasted and steamed thin (0.5 mm) dehulled oat flakes (Sweden), GI and GL, Puffed Wheat (Sanitarium, Sydney, Australia), GI and GL, Corn Pops (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Cornflakes (Kellogg’s Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Rice Bubbles (Kellogg’s, Australia), GI and GL, Cornflakes (Kellogg’s), Mean of 5 studies, GI and GL, Rice Krispies (Kellogg’s Inc, Canada), GI and GL, Team (Nabisco Brands Ltd, Canada), GI and GL, Corn Chex (Nabisco Brands Ltd, Canada), GI and GL, Shredded Wheat (Nabisco Brands Ltd, Canada), GI and GL, Sugar alcohols and sugar-replacement compounds, Cheerios (General Mills Inc, Etobicoke, Canada).