Remove that layer from the pan and put it aside. }, 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly. I'm Mel! We had that recently and it was tough — especially since the flu was staggered in our house and the kids were getting better when I wasn’t! Four Years Ago: Soft and Chewy 7-Layer Cookies {Not Bars…Cookies!} Thank you!!! ","position":1,"name":"Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/cheesecake-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars\/#mv_create_680_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"For the cookie layer whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Brown sugar… Check! Thanks for sharing! It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Lots of tissues. Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. Press half of the dough evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan. So watch yours a little more closely than I watch mine. © Mel Let them cool. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain. Caramel: my favorite brand of soft caramels are the fleur de sel ones from Trader Joe's, but any soft caramel you've used in the past with good results will work (if using homemade caramel, you'll want about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups). I have a 10 ounce jar of Trader Joe’s fleur de self caramel sauce in my pantry. Category: Bars/Brownies I found that there even better with a tsp if cinnamon in the cookie dough!! One Year Ago: Chocolate Dipped Krispie Treats {Heart Shaped!} Chill until cold before cutting and add a chocolate drizzle, if desired. I can’t believe what difference chilling the bars makes. Mel, I’m hoping everyone is better quickly. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips and mix until combined and no dry streaks remain. They are mind/tastebuds blowing. I think next time I may chill the cookie dough before trying to spread it. Prepare your self-control; prepare yourself. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. For at-home enjoyment or for sharing with others. These sound so unbelievably delicious. Best dessert so far of the COVID-19 phenomenon! For the cheesecake filling, in a medium bowl, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar and mix with an electric mixer (stand mixer or handheld) on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. 40 minutes These chocolate chip cookies bars stuffed with cheesecake will send you over the moon. We loved them. And I’m not sorry They are amazing. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. One Year Ago: Steak Fajitas with Chipotle Sour Cream Awesome recipe! We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Cut into squares and serve. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Place the flattened cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake layer. Make them. These look heavenly! I will definitely make these again! I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! Set aside. Hope you all get feeling better soon. I’m so glad she took pity on a whiny pregnant lady , Unlike Mickie, I did not have the willpower to wait, we ate them warm. All Rights Reserved. FROSTED FLAKES & WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS ROLLED INTO A COOKIE, Christmas Cranberry Bars with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, 30 OUNCES PILLSBURY COOKIE DOUGH, DIVIDED. This looks like a great go-to recipe for all sorts of occasions. Thank you so much for the recipe Mel! 1 large egg Using Pillsbury cookie dough makes these come together in no time but feel free to use homemade cookie dough, too! Definitely a winner. . You’ll be happy. Flatten the dough with your fingers and lay it carefully on the cheesecake mixture. Press half of the dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan. 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. MMMMMM MMMMMM! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Well, since I’ve seen this recipe twice from two different sources in two different days, I took it as a sign. Cover the bars with foil if browning too much. So, so, so good! You can see what’s about to happen here right? Sorry these didn’t work out for you, Katie. I followed the recipe exactly as written, and wouldn’t change anything if I make them again (and I definitely am planning to!). 30 minutes One of my most-loved bar cookies in the history of ever is an innocent little recipe posted way back in the dark ages (ahem, 2013) that involves two of my favorite things: cheesecake and cookie dough. And wow, they are incredible. Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer: Definitely doing these tomorrow Thanks again! Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for several months. All of them!! Yummy! I’m off to play nursemaid. {My reasons for not doing so: too lazy, it’s summer break, kids everywhere, sometimes you just have to be a cookie bar slacker.} Each flavor is solidly present without overpowering the other layers. Caramel: my favorite brand of soft caramels are the fleur de sel ones from Trader Joe's, but any soft caramel you've used in the past with good results will work (if using homemade caramel, you'll want about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups). I’m so happy you liked these! Thank you, Jenny! Set aside.For the cookie dough, in a large bowl, add the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt. These special cookie bars are soft and decadent. The top shelf of cookie dough gets all crackly and kind of flaky and lovely after baking. I may even like them more than double dark chocolate chocolate chip cookies. Question: in all seriousness – how do you make treats for your family and stay thin? 1/2 cup granulated sugar View my. As always you never steer me wrong. Copyright ©2020, Hugs and Cookies XOXO. Yep, these look pretty amazing. Seven Years Ago: Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake 35 minutes I really loved your recipe and I tried at my home too. Foil Chocolate Chips Cheesecake Stuffed Cookie Bars Ingredients Cookie WOW! Sorry to hear you are all feeling low. 2/3 cup (5 ounces) granulated sugar Such a brilliant idea Mel ❤️. LOL! ","position":2,"name":"For the cookie layer whisk the melted butter...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/cheesecake-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars\/#mv_create_680_2"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"For the cheesecake filling, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Wire Whisk Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, that’s what. Spread half in the bottom of a 9X13-inch pan. Thanks!! I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! Bake the bars for 35-40 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. Yum! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Cheesecake Filling: I'm Mel! Guess what I’m gonna do now? I made these last night and brought some into work this morning for a Friday treat. ","position":7,"name":"Bake the bars for 35-40 minutes until lightly...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/caramel-cheesecake-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars\/#mv_create_1446_7"}],"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"4.6","reviewCount":48},"url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/caramel-cheesecake-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars\/"} The dough came together super easily but it was so messy pressing it into the pan and then trying to drop it on top of the cheesecake layer. Hi Danette – it’s actually not something you can just put in with a widget. Eggs… Check! Additional Time: You can bake them, let them cool, cut them into squares and then freeze them. Notes Thank you for letting me know that, Jenn! Cream cheese… Check! We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. I had everything for these on hand so I whipped them up this morning. I learned about browned butter when I first made your Magical Layered Brownies. 2 3/4 cups (13.75 ounces) all-purpose flour 8 ounces cream cheese, softened Cut into squares and serve. 3/4 teaspoon salt Spread the cheesecake filling over the layer of cookie dough in the pan.Using the remaining cookie dough, flatten tablespoon sized amounts of cookie dough in your hands into flat disc shapes, about 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. It's ok if there are small spaces; the entire top doesn't need to be completely covered just make sure it is mostly covered with cookie dough. Hello Mel and thank you for this wonderful idea! 55 minutes I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X13-inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper (helps with cleanup), and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Required fields are marked *. Just went to the kitchen to peer into the baking supplies cabinet… This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Thank you, Mel, for yet another outstanding recipe! Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. What are you doing to us recent healthy goal makers??? Set aside. Delicious! Additional Time: Everyone in my family liked this. They are awesome! Earthquake Cake starts with a box of german chocolate cake mix, then add in coconut, chocolate chips, pecans, and a yummy cream cheese swirl! Set aside. Stir together until well-combined. Cook Time: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Cut into squares and serve. These cookies do not store any personal information. You are so right! I have these chilling in the fridge right now. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for several months. Ohhhhh… These sound delicious! These are very yummy recipes Try not to dig in before it is baked...it is THAT good! Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the caramel layer. 1) Make yourself some basic but delicious cookie dough. So happy to hear this, Patricia! Cook Time: These look amazing and a must have for 4th of July knock your socks off contribution! I’m going to make them for the Super Bowl on Sunday. While still crazy delicious, after they are cold they are SOOOO much better, but I always feel that way about cheesecake, it HAS to be cold. Hey! 1 hour 55 minutes Stir together until well-combined. Place the flattened cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake layer. What could be better than anything cheesecake and chocolate? Spread the cheesecake filling evenly over the caramel layer.Take the remaining cookie dough and flatten into disc shapes, about 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick.