A homemade boba milk tea chilled with those … It hasn’t rained. The tapioca pearls don't really keep well, so you'll need to cook them right before you make your bubble tea. Set aside to cool slightly. 8.8 Oz. Awesome stuff. Choose your type of tea. The brown sugar simple syrup will sweeten the bubble tea and the tapioca balls. I love summertime and I have absolutely no complaint, except that I do need some cold drinks to quench my thirst and beat the heat. Heat your spring water or filtered water to between 160 and 180 degrees F. Prepare honey boba and add to a large glass. No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.) As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All you need is a cocktail shaker or any airtight container. You can buy the tapioca pearls from Asian stores or online. Welcome! Here’s a link to the kind of boba pearls I use in my bubble teas: This is my favorite brand of tapioca pearls. Something about actually chewing on my tea took me a while to get used to. The caffeine in jasmine tea is much lower than the 95 mg of caffeine found in an 8-ounce cup of coffee. Made layered so it’s super pretty. Welcome! This cold and refreshing strawberry green tea will be a crowd pleaser and great for parties. Get my tips and tricks to make this delicious and refreshing matcha bubble tea (boba tea) at home without a matcha whisk! The recipe usually contains a tea base mixed with either milk or fruit. Set aside. They are so good when mixed in with milk tea, shaved ice, or just about any cold drinks. When ready, add the boba, strawberry and ice cubes. If you don’t have or like oat milk, you can replace it with any kind of milk you like. Don’t have a whisk? All the components except for the tapioca balls can be made ahead of time (4 days max) and stored in the refrigerator. Rasa Malaysia © 2002–2020 Bee Interactive Corp. Just the right amount of chewiness and very easy to make. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Combine cold filtered water and matcha in a cocktail shaker. Ice helps to keep the layers in place. Cook the tapioca pearls: Bring a small pot … Pour the matcha slowly over the ice. Amount Per Serving (6 people) Calories 137 % Daily Value* Sodium 10mg 0%. If you’re using a different brand of tapioca balls from what I’m using, follow the directions on the packaging. A small saucepan to boil the water and boba in. This mixture of honey syrup will be absorbed by the tapioca balls and make them super tasty and sweet. Required fields are marked *. It’s a scented tea, which means it’s a mixture of green tea, scented with blossoms from actual flowers, like chrysanthemum, orchid, and jasmine. Keep them in some water so they don't stick together. Tea drinkers describe jasmine tea as having these characteristics: The caffeine content of jasmine tea depends on the type of tea used. Now my wife can nag me to weedwack. Mix well and serve cold. Have never heard of boba before but any refreshing drink when it’s hot here sounds great! Your email address will not be published. Matcha for this drink is made without a whisk! What Is Boba/Bubble Tea? There’s caffeine in matcha so there’s caffeine in this drink. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Set aside to cool slightly. Try easydelicious.recipes. Whatever has the most sugar content will sink to the bottom. After cooking your tapioca pearls, drain them and soak them for at least 10 minutes in a mixture of honey and hot water. It's simple, cheaper, and healthier. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. No need for any matcha bowls, bamboo whisks, or hot water. This type of tea is made from scented green tea leaves and buds that are hand-rolled into small pearls. If you can’t find boba, you can serve the strawberry green tea without them and it will be just fine. Brewed Leaf Love is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Nutrition information assumes using tapioca pearls sweetened in honey syrup, but no additional sweetener. The tapioca balls are ready when they're nice and warm but not hot. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. If you are not familiar with boba, you ought to know it now. For matcha in recipes, I like to spend around $20-$30. Thanks for this. Hi Lenore, I put them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and try to use them up quickly. Just kidding wife! The secret to making the best bubble tea is using warm tapioca balls. This type of tea is also the most expensive version of jasmine tea. Don’t cool down the tapioca balls completely to keep the perfect texture. Sugar and ice is the secret. Find the brightest green matcha without going over $30. For one serving, add about 1/4 cup to a pot of boiling water and cover. Check out my Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and sign up for FREE email newsletter. AFFILIATE DISCLAIMER. Learn everything you need to know to make this delicious, creamy, and simple bubble tea recipe at home in minutes. Since Jasmine Tea is made from green tea, use the same basic preparation technique: Making your own boba tea is really easy once you’ve figured out how to get the tapioca pearls just right. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, nutrients and increases fat burning. Jasmine green tea is probably the most popular of the scented teas. Tapioca balls have the best soft, chewy texture when they’re warm. To make iced matcha, you can use any airtight container. To speed things up, make the tea ahead and refrigerate. They cook quickly (2.5 to three minutes). Our lawns are dead. In the bottom of the cup, add the honey boba pearls. green tea bubble tea, matcha milk bubble tea. Just combine the matcha green tea, water in a blender and process until well combined. The benefits of green tea have been widely studied and include the following: You can brew jasmine tea from tea bags, loose leaf tea or rolled pearls. Love matcha? This will create a lovely layer between the matcha and the milk. First, the boba (tapioca balls) in the dark brown simple syrup goes in. 6-ingredient matcha bubble tea recipe that’s easy to make at home. The tapioca pearls that make that delicious chewy boba don’t really have much flavor on their own, so they need to be sweetened to get that true tea shop taste. It’s the perfect afternoon pick me up on a warm day. Strain tapioca balls. They are dark brown in color, round, chewy, with a gummy bear like texture. A cocktail shaker or a water bottle with a wide mouth works great. Matcha for this drink is made without a whisk! It’s hard to believe that a couple of years ago, I didn’t even like bubble tea. The trick layering is sugar and ice. Want to make a refreshing matcha bubble tea at home? Add honey, stir well and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Pour over cooked and sweetened tapioca pearls and serve. Like this Matcha Bubble Tea recipe? Course: Drinks Cuisine: Mexican Keyword: Strawberry Green Tea with Boba 11 shares. Potassium 43mg 1%. Thank you. https://www.tastythais.com/thai-matcha-green-tea-iced-latte-recipe I’ve tried a ton of matcha and I like this one to make matcha lattes. I love boba tea but I can’t find good quality boba, any suggestions. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/247301/super-green-tea-smoothie Hi Monica, make sure the layer under the next layer has more sugar than the layer above it. If you don’t have dark brown sugar, you can make the sugar syrup using any kind of sweetener like. This post is all about how to make jasmine milk tea with honey boba – one of my all-time favorite tea drinks! Weird! They only last up to 4 hours — after that they’ll just harden and won’t be good to eat. CAMPFY Stainless Steel Boba Straw Original Set: 5 Angled-Tip Straws & Cleaning Brush - Wide Bubble Tea Straws - Reusable Metal Drinking Straws for Reduced Plastic Consumption - Dishwasher Safe. Combine brown sugar simple syrup and tapioca balls. Boba is great, you should try out at an Asian tea joint next time! Carbohydrates 35g 12%. Hi Steve, yes, you drink it through the giant straw and if a boba makes its way up, you chew it before eating it. Tapioca balls need to be made and eaten within 4 hours otherwise it’ll start to harden. The syrup needs to be refrigerated for at least 1 hour before serving. Find a cup that holds at least 16 ounces. Can't spell Rasa Malaysia? In a pitcher, make the tea by adding hot water to the tea bags. 1. Stir together dark brown sugar and hot water until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool. Prepare matcha green tea: In a small bowl, whisk the matcha green tea powder with hot water. There is! In an airtight container, combine cold water and matcha powder and shake vigorously for 15 seconds. It’s dry. Strawberry Green Tea with Boba Recipe. Add tapioca pearls, cover and cook for 5 minutes. I make this recipe all the time and o absolutely love it. Drain, plunge into cold water for a few seconds and drain again. These are a tiny bit bigger than a Starbucks grande which is 16 oz. Adding jasmine to green tea creates a flavored tea that has a perfumed aroma and delicate taste. Perfect for summer. Save the environment and get yourself a set of reusable bubble tea straws that you'll use again and again. Remove them immediately, dunk them in cold water, drain, soak in some honey or simple syrup and add to your bubble tea. I just made some here in the philippines. It creates perfect, clump-free matcha each and every time. This recipe is only 137 calories per serving. Prepare the tapioca pearls or boba according to the packaging instructions. I bought the ones you said to buy and they seem to leave condensation in the container whether I keep them in the cabinet refrigerator or cabinet. Set aside and let it cool down. Vitamin C 11.2mg 14%. How do you store the pearls?