We provide solutions to all your device related problems and questions. At first, it may seem like Verizon offers a couple great options for at-home internet. I chose the Verizon MiFi USB620L which is 4G, not too expensive but also had decent reviews. We definitely understand wanting to have the freedom to use your Mifi without the battery. Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport. Try at your discretion, If you wish to undo the changes then see the command to send @, For optimal usage, you must use a really powerful AC charger e.g one with input 1A and 5V, Using PC USB port as charging source doesn't work, it's not sufficient to power both the internet and wifi, If your device keeps restarting constantly, it means charging source is not supplying enough power. How to use the Huawei E5573 mifi without the battery - YouTube It is not recommended to use it when it is still in charging, which would shorten the lifetime of the battery and the device sometimes would get much warmer. I know that connecting power direct to the battery connector would work, but I don't really like the solution because I already have Usb cable as a charger anyway. Unfortunately the battery is required for operation, even if the device is plugged in and charging. You are using an out of date browser. However, when I talk to support, they say that they've never heard of batteries swelling and hotspots overheating. I have a networking problem on my modem . I mean, you could reboot it automatically, right? I use Verizon for my internet in my vacation home and need it to run my security system, smart-home devices, etc. If you don’t have a smartphone, basic phone or other connected device with Verizon, you have 3 plan options: Sign up for a single device plan - $10 for 1 GB/month with Auto Pay and paper-free billing ($15 without Auto Pay and paper-free billing). JavaScript is disabled. I do use it in my car as well and connect to the power jack and a USB cable. https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-25309.html, https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-32528-p...#pid194910, How to unlock Huawei E5573Cs -322 / 609 / 931 Mifi, unlock etisalat huawei mifi E5573 322 firmware 21.323.01.00.533, HOW TO UNLOCK HUAWEI E5577s/Cs-321 MTN 4G/VIVA MIFI [2017], Connect the mifi to the PC with battery inserted using USB cable, The Mifi info should be displayed on dc unlocker tool, Type the following AT command into dc unlocker tool and press the Enter key. Mi-Fi products, like M7350 could not work without battery. Does anybody know where one can find replacement batteries for Huawei mifi routers in SA? JosephT_VZW. He uses his without a sim so it never uses any power. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. @Megamau . It may also be more complicated than just voltage. I could not conjure a way to automatically restart the Jetpack or to access it remotely for manual, over-the-internet rebooting. Copyright © 2020 TP-Link Corporation Limited. If you live in a remote location where cable/wired internet is not available, you may be stuck trying to figure out how use a Verizon hotspot for your home’s internet connection. Huawei E8377s-153 150Mbps Car Wifi Wireless Router With SIM Card Slot (Black). i will use it in my car but with battery and without auto-on feature its really unusable... Can you help with this please? We definitely understand wanting to have the freedom to use your Mifi without the battery. A lot of people have this problem. Phone as hotspot: Convenience or battery? × Due to COVID-19 … It’ll eventually crap out, unable to make a connection. Up to 15 Wi-Fi clients can connect simultaneously. [Tutorial] How to use the Huawei E5573 mifi without the battery. The most sought-after mifi hotspot for … It includes simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi. How do you run the MIFI7730L with out the battery. My son thinks that if you can gut the battery without destroying the case, it will work. Perhaps there is a better way to accomplish your goal than just pulling the battery. MiFi 7730L Global Mobile Hotspot: A premium device that provides up to 24 hours of battery life on a single charge. The great thing is, I easily cooked up a python script to automatically reboot it. I have tried pulling the battery out while it is on and it immediately shuts down. Normally, we did not sell the battery individually; but the battery is also covered by warranty(the warranty time differs from regions) and you could contact the local support team to check, for warranty:https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support. Comments are currently closed on this entry. The video is very poor but tell me if I'm correct. 4G MiFi vs. I will find a hack. In this way, you can access the internet without looking for public WiFi and exposing yourself to its risks. My Wifi modem battery is about to explode so I decided to use it without having a battery inserted. You might want to keep an eye, because if the Verizon people see a hack, they will probably delete the post, claiming that you will burn down your house or something. Use a different charger or charging source, Currently confirmed to work on E5573s-606 , E5573cs-322 , E5573cs-933. However, if your home is a weekend/vacation home, then it’s a security and safety problem if you have things like cameras, a Nest thermostat or other connected devices. Linked In | At least these will run without a battery if desired to do so...and will reboot if they lose power...2 things the Novatel should do. Verizon just has a closer tower, and I live in a rural area with a lot of trees, so I need to use Verizon's service and lame device. I tried to short-circuit the battery connector but it did't work as expected. You cannot run the Jetpack without a battery (in which case the old-fashioned timer would work) because Verizon hates you. http://www.kreatifberkarya.com/2014/04/baterai-dummy-cara-membuat-untuk-bolt.html?m=1. Because I'm rarely disconnect to the charger. I have two of this model and both are suffering a swollen battery much sooner than IMO it should. A lot of people go with the Verizon Jetpack. It is not recommended to use it when it is still in charging, which would shorten the lifetime of the battery and the device sometimes would get much warmer. I know the usage of the USB cable : since you say " you can use a charger  to power it on", do you mean the M7350 can actually run. while connected to a charger via the USB cable but WITHOUT its battery inserted in the box ? Thank you. http://www.kreatifberkarya.com/2014/04/baterai-dummy-cara-membuat-untuk-bolt.html?m=1. You’ll quickly learn that the Jetpack is not suited for “always on” internet. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Cookies help us deliver our Services. I tried taking the battery out and it runs through its initialization and then says no battery and shuts down. Thread starter Swa; Start date Nov 14, 2019; Swa Honorary Master. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. × We are experiencing an outage with Chat Support, Knowledgebase Articles and guided assistance. May we ask what your objective is with this request? Only problem with this is that were power ever to be lost, even for a second, the jetpack would shutdown and require a physical presence to reatart it. All rights reserved. You can now disconnect the mifi; To power on the mifi without battery, simply connect the mifi to a charging source and the mifi will automatically power on; Important Notice. The steps below explain how to use the huawei E5573 mifi without the battery. This doesn't work. Mi-Fi products, like M7350 could not work without battery. I think R1 is just a current limiting resistor to prevent blowing your USB port when plugging it in, and R2 is just a pull-down resistor to detect the presence of a battery. The 7730L has battery issues. You must log in or register to reply here. I have the same question, but will explain why I'm asking. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Some say that MiFi is an abbreviation of My WiFi, … See hidden discussions | Win great prizes | Get free support. Cspire has better service and customer service. HI, I am new to the forum, I got Airtel 4g (huawei E5573C) pre-unlocked hotspot from flipkart, Now I want in to run without battery and I saw this post. After picking a router, find out which USB devices are supported by it. Support Forum. https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support. These are the kind of routers that go in ATMs and commercial applications that need rock-solid mobile internet. I don't understand the security risk of using it without a battery to be honest... What kind of damage? Also, I just got my Mifi 8000 in the mail yesterday, and I noticed in the Advanced Settings on the web interface, there is a section about not charging until a certain battery threshold is met (as a % of battery charge). You’ll have to physically reboot it. You need to measure the running voltage for each connector and make a circuit to duplicate the expected voltages for each connector. Well said!!! Additionally, the router I chose lets you track and limit bandwidth (which is great considering that Verizon’s “Unlimited” internet is LIMITED at 15GB/month). @Burhant i have to agree with you on this. Will it blow up after 15 hours of continous usage? Depending on the number of device’s you’ve connected and the overall usage, the battery may get drained rapidly. For those using E5573s-606 and E5573s-320 looking for modified firmware, see this post; There's no guarantees that this will work for your device. Apparently Tp link south Africa don't sell batteries. Try a different USB port, or a powered USB hub. Huawei mifi without battery. We hope this helps. Thanks in advance for your help with this! (This post was last modified: 30-07-2020, 07:41 PM by, (This post was last modified: 27-03-2020, 10:01 PM by, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 06:00 PM by, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 09:56 AM by. Press J to jump to the feed. My Wifi modem battery is about to explode so I decided to use it without having a battery inserted. Smartphones already use more battery when using the internet than when not, but a hotspot demands much more than the phone's standard internet use. Portable hotspots such as mifi hotspots require power to operate. Unfortunately the battery is required for operation, even if the device is plugged in and charging. Overall, seems like all of Verizon’s MiFis are flakey. You'll have to open the battery carefully so that you don't break the cells inside, but it should be simple to do. As MiFi evolves, it’s quite likely that the number of users and devices that can connect to the system will increase and the devices will have a longer range.