The biggest ethnic group is French. 30 Excellent Reasons To Move To France Immediately. Moving house to live in a new country, especially one whose language one does not speak properly, is a major event in anyone's life. For many expats a rude awakening follows the dream move to France. Each town and city in the Lake Geneva area (called Lac Léman by the French) has its own character and way of life. For me, a move to the UK fulfilled my childhood dream of living in Europe. by Siraj Datoo. Healthcare in France. The state pays part – sometimes all – of their medical costs. But beware, there are a few hurdles ahead of you, writes Katie Warren. Like last month I’m linking up with Expat in France to answer her prompt of the month….What I Wish I’d Known Before Moving to France. Take a few minutes to write down what you hope to gain from a move … Plus, London offers affordable, easy access to the rest of the continent. 6. Introducing France which can be described as one of the biggest European countries with rich cultural heritage and respect for human rights. The opportunity of retirement in France attracts people from all over the globe. All workers in France pay 20% of their salaries into the state system, and French residents have access to it. Opting for the highlife in Paris is likely to make larger holes in any budget than modest tranquility in a quiet corner of France, such as the Charentes or the Auvergne. µ This is a great place to start when you’re considering the steps needed to be able to retire in France. Lake Geneva. Though most of the lake is in Switzerland, about 40% of it is in the Haute-Savoie department of France. Your weekly food costs will depend on whether you shop at an out-of-town supermarket chain such as Carrefour or at a local grocer, which will be more … You won't regret it. Most people who move to France testify to jump in quality of life.. The French Government provides a guide to all aspects of moving to France, which is available in various different languages online. Once you move to Dordogne, you can spend your days canoeing, cycling, golfing, horseback riding or swimming. With all eyes on President Macron in the US, there may just be an American or two thinking, "I'd love to move to France". Conduct informational interviews with people who are already doing the job you’re moving for, so you can decide if you’ll like it. For my husband, moving abroad was a chance to further his career and improve his work-life balance (a rare win-win). Feel free to check it out, you will find lots of useful advice about living in France, navigating the French red tape and understanding better French culture. According to the World Health Organisation, France has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. And for this reason, it is never advisable to decide to move to France on a whim, on the basis of a happy holiday with great weather and plenty of barbecues and life round the swimming pool. Statistics show us that the population of France is currently estimated at around 67.3 million. It's definitely worth checking out a few of the country's outstanding markets. You want to make sure the current job you’re being brought in to do is just as satisfying and engaging as the one you’re striving to move into in the future. Immigration to France.