I wonder if i can substitute half of the oil with apple puree? The sprinkles shouldn’t have made much of a difference. Here are my Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes. It sounds amazing. Had a question? If so same amount? I’ve never tried it in a bundt pan. I hope this helps! . I’m trying the recipe tonight. It is a little aggravating that food companies want to charge us the same amount while they provide us with less for that money. I have never been disappointed with your recipes and am hesitant to try elsewhere. Well, it doesn’t taste like almond flavor. I hope that made sense. ♥. I’ve made this cake many times with success!! Substitute orange flower water or elderflower liqueur for the almond extract. PLEASE SEE MY. . . Flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt go into the mixing bowl. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Try them out first and see how you like them. I knew the white cake base would be perfect for the color and the texture is just as fluffy but sturdy as I needed it to be to layer with fruit and stabilized whipped cream. I was so relieved when I found this recipe for an almond cake using all purpose flour. If you have any leftovers, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and they should last for at least a week in the fridge. The result is an ultra-light cake with buttery vanilla flavor, just like the kind you find at a bakery or from a box mix. Made a 2 layered cake for my daughter’s 16th Birthday and it turned out great! Hi Kate, You could add up to 1/4 cup of poppy seeds – no need to soak them first! Try it out! 8 %, (18 1/4 ounce) package plain white cake mix. Hey there! Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl as needed. Let’s start the day the only way we know how: with a buttery white cake. But I don’t know if small apple bits will ruin the texture of the cake or add too much moisture! If I soak the poppy seeds ahead of time (I’m thinking 1/3 cup of seeds) , do you think I could I add them to this cake? This one is made with oil rather than butter, and the batter is thinner and the final cake comes out very delicate, so I think with all-purpose it helps it to be a little more sturdy. Start this cake by combining both the vanilla extract and paste together in a bowl with sour cream. This is an easy white cake with a great vanilla flavor. All of the ingredients and their quantities are listed, as are the recipe directions. I did a little research online and it appears this is a problem a lot of people are having now with doctored box cake mixes. I have never had a problem using such recipes, if they taste delicious and work well with my designs. If you want to go with a scratch lemon cake, I’ve got a recipe for that too. If you really want a white cake though and need to use egg whites, then lowering the amount of water I think will have the best results. I just recently tried it with a Red Velvet cake mix and it was amazing. Frost however you want! sour cream, white cake mix, granulated sugar, heavy cream, almond extract and 6 more Cake Mix Quick Bread Recipe with Streusel Topping On Sutton Place white sugar, salt, melted butter, butter, egg, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and 4 more Easy Bake Oven White Cake Mix Food.com I’m trying to make a 3-layer cake for my daughter’s birthday and add blue coloring for an interior ombre like look. It is moist without being gummy or dense. Hi Stella, I also would like to do a chocolate cake version. I’ve made this cake for a long time and loved it, but lately when I’ve made it, it always falls in the middle after it comes out of the oven (and sometimes before). This cake recipe is the base for my burnt sugar caramel cake , strawberry cake and pistachio cake , too! I see cake ideas in virtually everything around me and I love trying out new flavor combinations and decorating ideas. Make this white cake recipe for your next special occasion- you’ll love how easy it is to make, and how moist and light it is, with that delicate flavor of sour cream and sweet almond. Not sure why but my cake came out yellow and not white. Do you think I could use Greek vanilla yogurt in place of the sour cream and vanilla? I started mixing the batter a little longer and it seemed to help a bit, but here’s what I think has happened: I think there is less cake mix in the boxes now. I am a complete beginner. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. I would probably leave everything the same, but use a strawberry cake mix, then you could also probably add in a box of dry strawberry jello to pump up the strawberry flavor and maybe a bit of crushed strawberries (but not too much though because you don’t want too much liquid added).