[14] Because breadfruit trees usually produce large crops at certain times of the year, preservation of harvested fruit is an issue. An evergreen tree, Artocarpus altilis, native to islands of the east Indian Ocean and western Pacific Ocean. Most breadfruit varieties produce fruit throughout the year. Breadfruit is often served boiled with a mixture of sauteed bacalao (salted cod fish), olive oil and onions. [6] Productivity varies between wet and dry areas. In the Dominican Republic, it is called buen pan or "good bread". Afterwards, you simply type the chosen keyword in the address bar to start the search in the chosen dictionary. Organic Beans Cultivation Practices, Farming Methods . Some of the dictionaries have only a few thousand words, others have more than 320,000. You will discover Kadachakka Bajji as a popular snack with street side vendors. Your Email I accept the privacy policy. Myself, Sobha Kesavan, a retired Accountant in a MNC based in Delhi where I was staying for It tastes like non veg preparation. I have immense passion for gardening and have been doing it since my stay in Delhi and most of [6] Its wood pulp can also be used to make paper, called breadfruit tapa. The earliest Polynesian seafarers are believed to have arrived on the Hawaiian Islands in 300–500 AD. [6] Its name is derived from the texture of the moderately ripe fruit when cooked, similar to freshly baked bread and having a potato-like flavor. Artocarpus camansi, the breadnut, is species of medium-sized tree in the family Moraceae. The resulting "breadfruit poi" is called poi ʻulu. If you want to type a character which isn't on your keyboard, simply pick it from a list of special characters. Total number of language pairs: 492Total number of translations (in millions): 14.3. Jagdish Reddy. It is then adjusted to either increase or decrease the viscosity of the fufu depending on personal preferences. Artocarpus sericarpus, the peluntan, pedalai, gumihan or terap bulu, is a tropical evergreen tree species of the family Moraceae. And you're ready to go; select EUdict from the drop-down list in search field (Firefox) or address bar (IE), input a word and press Enter. It is usually eaten with the national dish ackee and salt fish. In botany, a fruit is the seed-bearing structure in flowering plants formed from the ovary after flowering. In the Hawaiian staple food called poi , the traditional ingredient of mashed taro root can be replaced by, or augmented with, mashed breadfruit. Mostly found in tropical areas, this nutritious Breadfruit is cooked when mature. Your Name. For the same reason the Chinese dictionary contains traditional and simplified Chinese terms on one side and Pinyin and English terms on the other. In some inland regions it is also called mapén. The plant is known by a range of names in indigenous Mesoamerican and other languages, including: ramon, ojoche, ojite, ojushte, ujushte, ujuxte, capomo, mojo, ox, iximche, masica in Honduras, uje in the state of Michoacan Mexico, and mojote in Jalisco, or also chokogou in Haitian Creole. Mainly it is used by Kerala and Karnataka people. The high measure of nutrient C in breadfruit additionally assists with keeping skin sound and gleaming. [5] The ovoid fruit has a rough surface, and each fruit is divided into many achenes, each achene surrounded by a fleshy perianth and growing on a fleshy receptacle. [16] [17] [18] [8] [10]. Cookies help us deliver our services. There is a way to enable word translation from any page: Bookmarklets. Contextual translation of "breadfruit" into Arabic. It is the wild ancestor of the breadfruit (Artocarpus altilis) and is also sometimes known as the seeded breadfruit, to distinguish it from its mostly seedless descendant. Kadachakka (Breadfruit) Masala is ready. Studies in Barbados indicate a reasonable potential of 16–32 short tons per hectare (6.5–12.9 short ton/acre). Some of the words may be incorrectly translated or mistyped. My name is Tomislav Kuzmic, I live in Croatia and this site is my personal project. It reflects a fusion of African, Creole, Indian-South Asian, Chinese, Amerindian, Arab, European, and Latin American-Spanish-Portuguese cuisines. French words for breadfruit include arbres à pain and arbre à pain. It is native to New Guinea, the Maluku Islands, and the Philippines. Breadfruit has hundreds of varieties and thousands of common names varying according to its geographic distribution, and is cultivated in some 90 countries. It is the cousin of jackfruit and breadfruit. My two sons and daughter-in-law are working out of Today, the branches of the breadfruit spill over the balcony on the first floor, allowing me to see the oddly-named tree from the window of my bedroom. [9], The world's largest collection of breadfruit varieties was established by botanist Diane Ragone, from over 20 years' travel to 50 Pacific islands, on a 10-acre (4.0-hectare) plot outside of Hana, on the isolated east coast of Maui (Hawaii). You can prepare breadfruit in different variations ranging from cooking, boiling, grilling, deep frying and roasting and each variation has its own special taste and flavor. A traditional sweet snack made of finely sliced, sun-dried breadfruit chips deep-fried in coconut oil and dipped in heated treacle or sugar syrup is known as rata del petti. Quickly, the shoot grew into a tall and leafy tree that was laden with heavy breadfruits that Kū's family and neighbors gratefully ate, joyfully saved from starvation. To contact me for any reason please send me an email to tkuzmic at gmail dot com. I do this in my spare time. Most selectively bred cultivars have seedless fruit, whereas seeded varieties are grown mainly for their edible seeds. Look at the complete list of languages: Available language pairs. Organic Tobacco Cultivation, Farming Practices. Cempedak is an important crop in Malaysia and is also popularly cultivated in southern Thailand and parts of Indonesia, and has the potential to be utilized in other areas. Authors of the Chinese-English dictionary, Authors of the French-Japanese dictionary, Authors of the German-Japanese dictionary.