You can even make a separate tray to freeze for later in the week or month. Swap out the shrimp for a favorite protein, such as chicken, pork, tofu, or beef, to make the recipe your own. Email: click here. Whether you’re a broke college student with minimal cash to spare or are just looking to reduce your grocery bill and save a few bucks, this post will cover a list of 20 cheap bodybuilding foods you can base your nutrition plan around. Do one of our off days is 2-3 hours of nothing but cooking and preparing. 3 ingredients coconut cookies. Serve it with vegetables, eggs, meat, or cheese, and a small salad to complete the meal. Use milk as the base for your whey protein shakes, or just have a glass or two with regular meals for a quick shot of extra protein. Served with cheap boiled rice, it's a Southern treat thick with pepper, garlic, and tomato that the entire family will love to taste all week long. I don't need as many calories a day (between 2200 and 2800), fair enough, but I'm pescetarian (no meat but fish) and fish and seafoods are SO expensive, especially when you also want to make sure they're dolphin-safe etc.! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. To make it more appetizing, mix it with some BBQ sauce, microwave it for a couple of minutes, and voila, you’ve got brisket. Ben and Jerry’s ice cream is also fairly high in protein, with some of their flavors having up to 20 grams per tub. In most countries, chicken is the cheapest and most widely consumed source of meat. If you want a full bodybuilding guide, that covers weightlifting, nutrition, and supplements, consider checking out Body of an Alpha. Buy tortellini and sausage when they go on sale, and stash them in the freezer until ready to use. Extra pesto can also be frozen. Hello Nick, How many times have you heard the following phrases? You can get a McDouble for just $1 on the dollar menu, and it’s got 380 calories with 23 grams of protein. When I was in college I used to practically live off of this stuff. This stew-like Moroccan dish uses inexpensive pieces of chicken and is full of flavor from spices and herbs. You can look this up, cooling potatoes changes the way the starch reacts with you, I understand the portions but am I supposed to measure everything raw and cook it separately, or is there a way I could get all my cooking done in 1 day. I cycle about 1-2 hour a day, lift 3x a week, and yoga regularly. ideas of how to cook or recipes for these items on the lists?? These make-ahead meatballs can be made with other ground meats like chicken or turkey with good results. Cheapism may earn a commission if you buy through a link on our site. I recommend you get two of them for 760 calories and 46 grams of protein—but you still need your carbs, though. Cook the pasta al dente. They can be purchased in canned form, or for an even cheaper option, purchase them dry in bulk and cook them yourself. The McDouble is the cheapest and most calorie efficient fast food burger out there…period.