They can show how events happened or are happening simultaneously. This creative timeline example highlights important medical discoveries from medicine’s early days. Source. Your takeaway: You don’t have to focus on right now. To help you get just as excited about timelines as I am (good luck!) Hopefully, these creative timeline examples got you jazzed about all the project timelines you can make for your team. Want to learn more about project timelines? You can compare two (or more) projects at once. A timeline of the industrial revolution’s important inventions. I don't want mine to say, "My timeline" Or "My personal and historical events". Blog. This simple—but still creative—timeline example does one thing very well: it separates and conveys information through simple color coding and bold font. Lessons from Content Marketing World 2020; Oct. 28, 2020. This interactive creative timeline example lets you play with different variables to quickly assess changes in diverse employment trends at major tech companies over time. Without such comprehension where we are and where we are going, it’s easy for a team to lose internal motivation. Regardless of your religious beliefs, this creative timeline example does a great job of showing Old Testament biblical figures in time by depicting which patriarchs’ lifespans overlapped. Check out this complete timeline of Doctor Who from 1963 to present, including episodes, seasons, companions, villains, and more. Plus it’s very easy to create and edit. Please, let me know in the comments below. I look also for new ideas to design. You don’t need to look back to ancient Egyptian times to do it, but looking at past progress can help set expectations and plans for the future. Your takeaway: Don’t be afraid to predict things based on past and present events. This creative timeline example shows the number of media mentions particular diseases got from the media in any given year. Source. CREATE THIS timeline TEMPLATE . Source. A nicely-designed timeline is what you need to make your slides visually compelling. https://www.infodiagram.com/diagrams/roadmap_diagram_template_ppt.html, https://www.infodiagram.com/diagrams/timeline_template_ppt_infographic_ppt_flat.html. It is suitable also for longer event sequences, that will not fit into one horizontal line. We don’t deal directly with payment cards, This infographic doesn’t really contain much in-depth information—nor does it need to—because its images are so powerful and straightforward. Because it is. So you can use it to show the key part of your presentation. Hello, This design may be not best for showing precise event timing but it’s great to attach attention to a few main milestones for achieving desired results. I am looking for PowerPoint templates such as roadmaps and timelines which can come in handy when I am preparing presentation materials. Having a timeline with only a few events allows you to use stronger design. If a graphic conveys useful information quickly and looks good while doing it, sign me up. However, if you need to show a bigger number of events on one slide, fold or split the timeline into several rows. Project and program managers are acutely aware of this fact, which is why many rely on timelines to share basic project information—milestones, due dates, ongoing tasks, all the important moving pieces—with their teams. Remote health initiatives to help minimize work-from-home stress; Oct. 23, 2020 Present specific actions by series of monthly events, each represented by a bookmark or ribbon shapes, where there’s enough place for putting a description for each month. If so, how much? Source. The golden rule of presentations is to eliminate the amount of text on a slide. May 21, 2012 - Explore Joel Devalez's board "Creative timelines" on Pinterest. Source. Your takeaway: You can use different elements, such as the size of your graphics, to emphasize more important events over smaller ones throughout your timeline to show that not every event is created equal. Your takeaway: If you need to emphasize certain points in time, sometimes all it takes is a simple bold font or attention-grabbing color. Catalonia's distinctive history stretches back more than 1,000 years. However, sometimes simplicity is the best path. My teacher is grading us on creativity and such. A timeline that compares media mentions of disease outbreaks. Group years together in your timeline to shows periods throughout history. NOAA's monthly temperature data show the Earth's climate warming over 135 years, animated here in less than 30 seconds. If you have any questions, you can contact us here: https://www.infodiagram.com/contact.html, Your email address will not be published. The creative timeline examples in this piece were picked completely subjectively, based on nothing but my own personal taste. Me either, but thank heavens the Egyptians discovered it. Flat/Office 101 Egkomi, Makedonitissa, 2414, Nicosia, Cyprus, Watch our webinar on Organizational Agility, Run Remote Retrospectives using Targetprocess. Your takeaway: You don’t have to have ridiculous coding or graphic design skills to make an effective timeline. Not only do they convey lots of information in a simple way, they also provide context for that information by displaying it sequentially along with other related events. Targetprocess© software developed by Targetprocess Cyprus Limited, 28 Oktovriou 2, 1st Floor, Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Depending on your style preference and branding, you can choose soft round shapes as circles above, or more sharp style with rectangles below: You may need to present steps, that will guide your team or company to the desired goal? Check our other blog article  Three ways to create a roadmap slide. Your takeaway: You can use a timeline to compare past and present versions of your product to show how your team’s work over the years has provided noticeable improvements (and connecting those improvements directly to sales figures wouldn’t hurt, either). This is the most common type of timeline, suitable for any meeting and presentation. Let’s Meet at the Global SAFe Summit 2020! Hopefully, these timelines will give you a good idea of graphics that convey lots of useful information while also grabbing their viewers’ attention. Consider using vivid colors for these diagrams as below, to bring freshness to your presentation. to help give you the best experience we can. Concerning safety – our website and payments are secure. I, for one, am forever grateful to this culinary science. Your takeaway: Timelines don’t have to focus on large events that happen over a long span of time. You can visualize and manage every step of your project’s progress with our tool and customize views to quickly communicate when your projects are on track— and quickly fix them when you see they’ve gone off the rails. If you’ve got particularly powerful or compelling numbers to explain, try to depict them in a similarly straightforward way. Those timelines are good to illustrate core milestones. Did I mention Targetprocess is one of those powerful data crunching tools? So you don’t have to worry. I’ll be honest: I’m a sucker for good visualizations. I could cut this timeline into different pieces and have a flashcard set of inventors and inventions who influenced the industrial revolution. This article presents several timeline illustrations. This creative timeline example stretches thousands of years into the past and forward into the future to highlight important biotech advances (such as cheese), all on a multi-colored DNA double helix graphic. Sept. 10, 2020. If your idea is to show a close connection between the first and last event, the following timeline type is the best. And they are still attractive, especially if you add some icons . Whether you’re creating timelines by hand on paper or a whiteboard or using powerful data crunching tools to make them, I hope these creative timelines examples have highlighted the important information you should be sharing with your team. A hand-drawn US Revolutionary War timeline. Or what the origins of famous logo fonts were? Including important events —such as a biblical flood or worldwide economic recession, for example—can also add context to the progression of your project. Your email address will not be published. Well, you can see all that at a glance by looking at this creative timeline example, which matches font origins to modern day literature and marketing. My second point is, if you’re looking to for a way to quickly convey when something will happen and how it fits into the bigger picture, a good timeline can go a long way. Bear with me: this graphic is less of a creative timeline example and more of a comparison of time periods. Concerning the roadmaps, please see our collection: https://www.infodiagram.com/diagrams/roadmap_diagram_template_ppt.html Source. A timeline that predicts the future. Those are too boring. But if you want to know more, you can look at the wealth of information this timeline provides. You don’t need to make all your information super flashy, but you should spend time making sure people see your most important points clearly. And it's still aesthetically pleasing, even though it wasn't made with fancy software. Your takeaway: You can use different elements, such as the size of your graphics, to emphasize more important events over smaller ones throughout your timeline to show that not every event is created equal. Blog. The ability to quickly visualize changes year over year makes it easy to see advances and setbacks for minority populations in tech. You can see how often certain diseases were mentioned compared to others in the same time period. To avail of the ready-to-use templates, do I need to pay anything? This creative “timeline” example is really a table of contents. So I want a interesting name that won't blend with the other students. This creative timeline example takes a wedding itinerary and adds a personal touch with simple graphics. Source. 6. Before doing a slide with a timeline, consider first what you want to show. However, I’ve tried to include the important parts of the images, and I’ve included the image’s sources so you can view the full timelines for more context. You can replace background image with your company stock photos if needed. It shows where various chapters are located and gives you a visual summary of what each chapter will be about. When people can customize their views, they’re able to see what’s important to them specifically. If the Facebook IPO were a real person, we certainly wouldn't blame it for posting braggy status updates. This biotechnology timeline starts far back in time. Source. Your takeaway: You don’t have to limit yourself to one project at a time. In some instances, I’ve cropped these timelines. Source. we use a professional payment processor company with high security standards (Paypal company) that offers various payer protections. Your takeaway: We can’t all code interactive timelines, but the more you let readers or stakeholders customize the information they can see on your timeline, the more useful it can be. This creative timeline example depicts related events and the estimated impact of those events by using different sizes of bubbles along the timeline. A timeline of major medical discoveries. 7 Types of Creative Timeline Design If you want to tell a story in your presentation, show it as a series of events in a chronological order.