�W���~�ː�I�`u� e��U�!5�Vj�%*T�%R�IE;�����~�@�졀��t�m������o(_�"G�7�D�D���rN�.I��쇇�z���J���TY�P�"ۛ�qB�1C�:�v���p�:� ��ۯw��y25��g�R,�3���r������e��&�p�ڦ;}Y�4�KQr|�*�A�DR����27�آQr�=��Y�ѕ��E���n��8��|��y�:�e�73������1�v�d t�n����?7�m���#$iV��˱4�˅1!$\^��Y̮����� mS:\~"�����+]��wt�����������+F�8����f���g!�;C{�E ����q�.��I� A*G�� ��y��B��1{m�WG*N�D����j�/�f^�*�g������F�H0��R()�(j8�y,y�gu��t��Y�kba��dS+�ro@�����܍"�Y �i�=I���X)�2|��>�����PrZE��j�{ 7j$Ûp��x8�7�!0�0l �8/�'�˖rD1�8]���_neUCJm7 �T�ů*%��R"��CGI���D�KZ[M���A�mۜ�/��� WKdAoH\h�i��U?t���r�و\]`�c��:���ӌ��6��_������}���5��녭Z�ߞ��`&���A,�(���%���oc�7�q�.�7�n&�;[�cFjM&9a4�(���g1r*���ԀFԒ[����ǸP;B���z ��z8��$�0^�^�h4`����+1�Q�TN,��o�����+�d��r����b�����W;��zX�B(RWF[�O����fޱx�����o�CN��e��gmm=�0�&e���5r2V�+�7,)m��nï�����m9C� �d�rbբ�ZN��M��AUè�+�+0���=ׂJ��6�U��u�����Ǡqܨ�>Qw�F����F'危��v�h�A{ ���kN9���M.��?��;�D��U�&O��-$3m>�l�!�WMi�ȴ�7��$�$��o�^��/~��0�ZN���>��^n�g��n�C4Ӹ�˃Y� � ��rvBV/>��E|A�W�5C�a��; I�r�J���7��qS��X�b�y1��ō���ʒ�v�v'����~��px��+2��n͉D�Դ����>4�ך��މ�yL�j�^7ވM�6U��F��"�;f���z%7Q�%U��+Y�Z/��H��������o;�.���T�B�1OI��Ių���q9NKu�{�Qe90����q��GƟ�j��Yx�ќT�o��^!P h��v2]�����{�qQ�Z����-JV5� PTC lab report. Viscosity will increase in addition of more dispersed phase up to a certain point. Table 1: Compound and mixtures vs melting point 2. We did this twice making sure all the excess impurities were removed. Sudan III solution has 86% dye dissolved in a volume of ethyl alcohol about 95% v/v. Org lab recrystallization lab report final 1. What is Sudan III Test? The viscosity has also increased after the emulsion undergo the temperature cycle. l 4Ö aö ? A fan is a turbo-machine in which work is done to increase the total pressure of the fluid leaving the device. 0000007333 00000 n Sudan III solution is dropped into the emulsion. Procedure: During the recrystallization of an impure solid sample of acetanilide, the sample is dissolved in hot water then filtered while hot. Every surfactant has it own HLB range which is from 1 (lipophilic) until 20 (hydrophilic). Sr:@D��cs6�Q�Ml�(�j����Xj�'%����+q��s�!m3��}��Y='�����ꘊ���rN���CV�;�띧E�s !��sΣ#L��C ����3��>kR#����8���GT$�f�#�0�^f3�L��,������벭���e5\�(�v]0(���Tϕ�s$\�+�� 85° The experiment was concluded on September 18th, 2013 in a lab at College. Equivalence volume = 50.51 mL at pH of 8.58 The Tweens® have higher HLB numbers and they are also water soluble. : Span 20 and Tween 80 is added to the mixture according to the amount given in the table below. Consequently, ultraviolet light is... ...HISTOLOGY startxref 5g of the emulsion is centrifuged in 4500rpm, for 30 minutes at 25oC. If the disperse phase approaches or exceeds 74% phase inversion may occur. However, there is some deviation for 25ml and 30ml which does not follow the trend. ... StudyMode - Premium and Free Essays, Term Papers & Book Notes, attticus finch eulogy (killing a mocking bird). This emulsion is unstable and have high tendency for destabilization process to occur. For example, the Spans® generally have low HLB numbers and they are also oil soluble. We mixed together to molecules, 1.0mL of isopentyl alcohol, 1.5mL of acetic acid and added three drops of sulphuric acid. In this experiment, polystyrene, nylon 6, 10, and cellulose triacetate were prepared by different mechanisms. At temperature at which the emulsifier has equal hydrophobic and hydrophilic tendencies, phase inversion occurs. Alcohol is added as preservatives to inhibit the growth of microorganisms because of the presence of water, syrup and acacia which may enhance the development of microorganism in the oil in this emulsion. sn1 lab report. The mass after recrystallization was 119 mg. ( Log Out /  Polymerization is the process of combining many small molecules known as monomers into a covalently bonded chain or network. Click once on any atom to highlight it in blue. A polymer consists of repeating subunits in the form of –A-A-A-A-A- or A-B-A-B-A-B-, where A and B are different subunits. 2 pages. Introduction Thus, the larger the difference in viscosity, the more instable the emulsion will be. This slow rise continued for a long period of time. 2g of the sample before and after been homogenized is taken out and placed in the weighing boats. Conversely, where water or aqueous solutions are dispersed in an oleaginous medium, the system is known as water-in-oil (w/o) emulsion. This is because readings that are taken between two groups show an extreme value. 0000006853 00000 n endstream endobj 34 0 obj<> endobj 35 0 obj<> endobj 36 0 obj<> endobj 37 0 obj<>stream