Pat (Haymarket, VA, USA) | May 20th, 2013. 1/2 lb Kefalotiri . It is made with sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep’s, and goat’s milk. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. Preheat a well seasoned cast iron skillet on medium-high heat until smoking. Kefalograviera is a hard table cheese produced traditionally from sheep’s milk or mixture of sheep’s and goat’s milk. I have not been able to find Kefalotiri cheese anywhere around here - not even Whole Foods Market which is surprising. Please try again. New Customer? Required fields are marked *, Tel. Kefalograviera is made with cow’s milk and usually ages for about 3 months before being eaten. It can also be frozen for up to three months with minimal effect on flavor and texture. A few of your options include: kefalotyri, parmesan, pecorino romano, and aged Gruyère. Despite its relative newness to the Greek table, it's rapidly become one of the most famous and popular Greek cheeses. Kefalograviera is a good source of protein and calcium, and it's relatively low in fat. Its flavor is slightly salty, and it has a firm texture that grates well and holds up … The three protected designations of origin for Kefalograviera are: Western Macedonia, Epirus, and Aitoloakarnania. It is saltier and harder than Kasseri cheese. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. : (416) 421-2400 By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. This is one of the most famous Greek cheeses. Kefalograviera Greek cheese has a maximum humidity of 40% and minimum dry fat content of 40%. Since the 1960s, kefalograviera has been made in three areas designated as protected designations of origin (PDOs) in western mainland Greece: Western Macedonia, Epirus, and Aitoloakarnania. Carefully place the floured Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. Reviewed in the United States on July 12, 2013. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. It should be firm but smooth to the touch, and it has a rich aroma and smooth mouthfeel. If any mold forms, thoroughly cut around it, taking care not to touch the mold with your knife. Kefalograviera is also grated and sprinkled over pasta and added to baked dishes and gratins. You could also use a Kasseri or a Kefalotyri too. Deli Fresh Greek Kefalograviera Cheese (Dodoni), approx. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Fat 60g. Even the fancy ones. They sent the perfect size and it is delicious. Peggy O'Connor (Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA) | May 30th, 2016. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. It did arrive with the ice packets completely melted but it was 100 degrees or more that day. Kefalograviera makes a wonderful addition to baked dishes and gratins, and an excellent accompaniment for Greek spirits and full-bodied red wines. Service was wonderful and so was the follow through.The Greek dish I make calls for Kefalotri Cheese which no one here heard of. Log Food. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. It is also delicious with lamb. The rind is light brown and edible, and the cheese is marked with little air holes throughout its body. It is a hard table cheese usually made from sheep's milk or a mixture of sheep's and goat's milk. Ground shipping can be selected if you are located in one of the following states in the map below that fall in the in 1-2 day delivery window: Also, please note: Orders containing perishables placed after 8am on Wednesdays will ship the following Monday to ensure the perishables do not sit in a shipping warehouse over the weekend. This will allow a limited amount of airflow without permeating the refrigerator with cheese smell. As indicated by its name, it is similar to both graviera and kefalotryi, but with a more pungent, salty taste. Kefalograviera is a hard table cheese that is made from 100% sheep’s milk or a mixture of sheep and goat’s milk. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Your email address will not be published. 1/4 Cup Flour . 1 Whole Lemons Squeezed . Development: PWS Online. 95 Cal. I now live in Charleston, SC area. Kefalograviera is a good source of protein and calcium, and it's relatively low in fat. Kefalograviera is packaged in rounds, half-rounds, and wedges and vacuum-packed. It is a hard yellow cheese with a salty, nutty, piquant flavor. Its flavor ranges from mild to medium. Reviewed in the United States on October 20, 2013. really fresh great tasting cheese felt like I was back in Crete again! It has an intense, piquant flavor, akin to traditional Kefalotyri (a salty, intensely flavored sheep’s milk cheese), but also has the mellowness of Graviera. Kefalograviera should be stored in the refrigerator. This site uses cookies. Speedy delivery. This pale golden-yellow cheese has a full bodied yet pleasant and light aroma that falls between Kasseri and Kefalotiri in hardness, but with a more sharp and salty taste. Kefalotiri is generally used as a grating cheese and served on top of cooked dishes. If shipping wasn't so much I would order it a lot more. This week, I am talking about Kefalograviera, one of the most popular Greek cheeses.It is produced in the rugged mountains of Epirus and Macedonia from sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep’s and goat’s milk. Ingredients: 1 Whole Egg . As I searched online, I found Greek Internet Market. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Copyright © 2020 SelectBakery. Kefalograviera: Kefalograviera Krinos Greek Cheese. Other salty, nutty firm cheeses, such as pecorino Toscano, pecorino Romano, Parmesan, Asiago, and aged Gruyère may also be substituted, but the results will not be exactly the same. Kefalograviera is sold in wedges or in wheels and can be identified by its typical light brown rind and firm texture, but the rind can be found in colors ranging from yellow to dark brown.