It was so tasty and fluffy and had the right crust on top and sides,mine came a little crunchy,it was absolutely so yummy. Cakes can be steamed as well as baked, resulting in a light, tender cake that is very moist and has fewer crumbs than a baked cake. It is time to add the dry ingredients when the batter becomes homogenous, light, fluffy, curd-like and pale yellow. Pour enough water into a steamer and bring the water to a boil. Most of the indicators of the oven are not very accurate, so you have to make the adjustment at your end. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Each cake is 1.3kg before baking. KP Kwan. KO Kwan, I tried this cake, it came out really well… Thanks for sharing , Hi Swinnie, I have a small electric oven with U-shape upper and lower elements. Add in the butter mixture (bit by bit) to the egg mixture and mix well. Hi Una, You can reduce all the ingredients proportionately in the recipe. I do not know the Kenwood brand, but this is the general guideline. If you want to use 250g butter for more flavor, go for it and do let me know the outcome. KP Kwan. It doesn’t matter whether both are mixed them together. The most common reason for cracking is due to insufficient liquid (milk, egg, juice, etc combined) in the formula. As a general guideline, the upper limit of butter is 1.2x of the flour, which is what I use in this recipe. No more lumps, cracks, large pits, and coarse texture like before. 1. Stop immediately once the batter is homogenous and free from lumps. This guide will save you all the hard work of finding the answers to the questions about baking butter cake and avoid most of the common mistakes. If you use salted butter, ignore the salt in the recipe will do. Use a pan with a removable base. Hi did you triple the recipe in the video cause u cracked 25 eggs…. And can I add some vanilla extract to it? It is a tough decision where to put (which rack) because every oven is different. What is your recommended brand of cake flour. So I have had to put it on the base of the oven. By the way, I’ve forgotten to mention that I’ve used 4 medium sized eggs and 3 small kampung eggs instead of 6 medium sized eggs. KP Kwan. Hi Sannica, Hi Serwah, I just used six, coz each weight almost 50g. I am eager to know what will turn out. That will assure to minimize the formation of gluten. All love it especially my beloved dad & grandma. Heat it directly without the water bath helps to expand the air bubbles trapped inside the batter, and hence expand quickly to get a good rise. If you’re going to keep it even longer, double wrap with a plastic bag or plastic sheet, then keep it in the freezer. Wow!!! Since butter cakes are rich in oil, there is no need to run a knife around the sides. Therefore, the best way to decide when to stop mixing is by observing the color and texture. unsalted butter, sugar, all purpose flour, sea salt, eggs, baking powder and 2 more. The size of the paper should be the exact size or slightly smaller than the base. 3.14×4.5.4.5=63.5 in square. This recipe is a derivation of the pound cake, make with only pure orange juice and zests. Often steaming is used for cooking seafood, vegetables, dumplings and dim sum. This is a recipe for sure to. The cake can crack, and develop long tunnels in extreme cases. Hey, just wanted to ask, if I were to make cupcakes with this recipe, how long should I bake it for? 2. 1. 3. Temperature and position of the rack. Thank you in advance for your advice. Thanks for such detailed explanation and instructions. It’s fluffy and yummy!. But if you follow the recipe than this should not be the case. I fumbled before because I was impatient. I depend on the size of the cake. 1. It should work well by reducing the sugar. My rough calculation it should be double the amount of my recipe. I really like your method and explanations. I would suggest 190°C for 30 minutes, but again it depends on the size. Hi Lana, It should have one heat element on top and the other one at the bottom. Im asking as I have a convection oven where I do have the option to switch off and on the fan. So you have to minus out that salt amount in the recipe. This isn't a light froo froo cake. Thanks to Maya Kitchen, it’s now also possible to ‘bake” a moist, yummy butter cake, a chocolate cake and a healthy banana cake even without an oven. From my experience, the amount of water should not more than 120% of the flour. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. I was looking for steamed cakes, fat goh (Chinese prosperity cake) recipes, wondering if you’ve tested any, and could your share your experiences, eg: what makes fat goh ‘smile’. KP Kwan. It can be challenging to pinpoint the problem, but here are my thougt: KP Kwan. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Note: If your flour is not pre-sieved, please sieve with a flour sifter to prevent the flour to become lumpy. Enjoy your cake! If you see that it start to crack, reduce the top temperature by ten-degree celsius, and continue to finish the baking. Where did I go wrong? Thank you for your kind words. KP Kwan. You can use the recipe right away if the side of the cake tin is tall enough. This is the best and easiest cake recipe I've ever tried! If you are in Kuala Lumpur, you are welcome to my cafe. It takes a shorter time too. It helps people like me who is a self-taught baker a lot! The cake is moist and fluffy. Tried your receipe , all well except that the cake have two shades , ie the top is slightly damp. This was my question, too. I manage to achieve the fluffy result. (Reuters) – VF Corp said on Monday it would pay $2.1 billion to buy streetwear apparel company Supreme, adding another popular brand…, Iran has chosen director Majid Majidi’s latest film “Sun Children” (“Khorshid” in Persian) to represent the country at the Oscars, the official body…, Microsoft’s new Xbox console hit stores worldwide Tuesday, kicking off a holiday season battle with Sony’s latest PlayStation model, as the coronavirus pandemic…, At 81 attendees at one point, the Halloween Zoom tribute to Gilda Cordero Fernando, billed the “Lola Mad Hatters Party,” was a smashing…, When most people think about their grandmothers, they are probably overcome with warm and fuzzy feelings. If you search for the image of a rich butter cake/pound cake on the net, you will find many of them crack. I have used this recipe on two occasions. However, you will never know what will turn out if you do not try it. I hope the info is clear and wish you enjoy al the recipe that I posted. Are there any other reasons for the dome in the cake? 2. Even my hubby who doesn’t like cakes LOVE your butter cake! Despite the grainy texture, it will become smooth once you add the flour. Continue mixing until it becomes homogeneous. Tap to smoothen the batter. Hi Shruti, I just hope that my cake will turn out right on my next try. You can try to increase the temperature by five to ten degrees, and bake on the lowest rack so that the surface will not burn too quickly. God bless. Try to reduce top temperature and bake slightly longer. It is a no-frills recipe, emphasize on the technique, […]. KP Kwan. Can I use regular brown sugar instead of castor sugar? Can see very obvious sink at the bottom part of the cake. You can try to bake the cake on the lowest rack. of almond extract to the vanilla (for a little more flavor). On the contrary, heat elements for the smaller oven are closer to the cake, and hence the variation of temperature at different parts of the oven can be quite significant. Sugar acts as a softener. I have a Samsung range with the baking heat is at the bottom, do I need to us the fan. The weight does not include the cake pan. I realise based on your method, the quantity is questionable as it will depend on the size/weight of the hen’s eggs, so some experimentation will be necessary on my part. Thank you. Hi Alice, Thanks for your advice! Understood I could increase the milk content if I reduced the sugar. You are right.