Our lactose-free cottage cheese is a versatile, high-protein snack that will make you fall in love with cottage cheese all over again. Who knows! I only drink one glass of milk a week and that is on Sunday mornings with my once a week All Day Breakfast…that’s what my husband calls it! I bought both at Sunflower Market, and I’ve seen them at Trader Joes as well. Before I discovered that Jack was just lactose intolerant, I did a lot of research, trying to find a cheese substitute. One product I’ve been dying to try is MimicCreme. Since we’ve gone dairy/lactose free, we’ve had fun trying to find the best dairy alternatives. No lactose means no worries! Clarks Condensed provides uplifting and motivating information to share the joys of home and family living through parenting and pregnancy advice, easy DIY tutorials, recipes, and more – all with a frugal twist. A good source of protein and only 110 calories per serving, this smooth cottage cheese tastes great with fruit, crackers, or directly from the spoon. I totally know what you mean though — cheese and milk make up some of the best foods! that made an excellent LF havarti. But I did not like it! Gluten free. suppliers and others provide what you see here, Hope this helps! We aim to show you accurate product information. We now use only Silk Almond Milk, because it’s the only brand we could find without carageenan in it. Store Finder Finding Our Products. DIY LEGO Costume – Great Last Minute Idea! Your email address will not be published. My husband is lactose intolerant, but we found that he can eat any dairy, short of a carton of ice cream or a gallon of straight milk, if he just takes a lactase enzyme pill. We tried the chocolate one and it was delicious. About us. Unfortunately, everyone has come to the basic conclusion that there really isn’t a good one. Since I started using less, my pudding always sets up! So since taziki is yogurt based it is all good. You can get plain or vanilla flavored, but if you are planning to use it in cooking, definitely get the plain! I believe it was on the baking aisle. Electrode, Comp-8b63f3c9-6078-42ec-874d-7d9232f981c6, DC-eus2-prod-a9, ENV-prod-a, PROF-PROD, VER-20.0.40, SHA-41ed8468826085770503056bd2c9bc8be5b55386, CID-8e673dd6-007-175be9027ba3fb, Generated: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 22:25:20 GMT. The day we found the Kraft cheese was a happy day. Types of dairy sensitivity; Dairy sensitivity quiz; What is lactose intolerance, anyway? Cultured Pasteurized Skim Milk and Cream, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey, Salt, Natural Flavor, Lactase Enzyme (Ingredient not Found in Regular Cottage Cheese), Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Lactic Acid, Sorbic Acid and Carbon Dioxide (to Maintain Freshness) and Enzymes. However, we may not know if a product is out-of-stock or currently unavailable at a local store. Where to Buy . That’s great! It’s lactose free and sugar free, but it’s made with milk and natural sugars. The company called Tofutti makes these substitutes, and you cannot tell a difference. It is possible to buy dairy products, including cottage cheese, that have been treated so that they are completely free of lactose. There are a few options for whipped cream. Dairy Perfected. I use almond milk and it never forms properly and it always watery. Because of my friend Amber over at Amber Simmons, I discovered that Kraft has lactose-free cheese! Lactaid Cottage Cheese is delicious and nutritious. I’ve tried a few different options, and have decided that I love the Blue Diamond mixture of almond and coconut milk. Tofutti specializes in dairy free foods (they have sour cream, cream cheese, and ricotta to name a few), and I have a feeling just about anything they make would be delicious. I’d say it’s probably the best option out there, if you have a milk protein allergy. I would also like to have products made with these lactose free items available as well, such as: cheesecake, cheese blintzes, mac and cheese(including boxed ready to make type), puddings, custards, cakes and cookies, and any others we can think of. Thank you for all the great info Anne. It is one of my favorite things, and the only thing I have found so far is Silk… which is ok, but has a strange taste too me. I hated having to omit cheese from everything, Mimic cream is very good!! Thanks for the Kraft tip and also for the Cabot post from another reader! My sister-in-law told me that a lot of people with lactose intolerances can actually have yogurt, as long as their is whey in it. betty crocker’s chewy fudge brownie mix :o). I have been using Go Veggie sliced and grated cheeses…which are not so bad, but definately want to try some of the others that have been listed on your site. Lactaid Lowfat Cottage Cheese is delicious and nutritious. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. In The Kitchen. I’m so glad that this was helpful to you. Also makes a great homemade ranch. Thanks for the awesome post. Your feedback helps us make Walmart shopping better for millions of customers. The taste is a tiny bit different, but I think it tastes pretty good. The company claims it stretches and melts like cheese…and it does. I was hesitant to try a substitute when I found them, but I’m SO glad I did. Net Weight 16 oz. Good news — You can still get free 2-day shipping, free pickup, & more. Hopefully you are able to find some good substitutes here. Believe me, there are a lot of dairy alternatives that are pretty nasty. We used coconut milk as a substitute for heavy cream a lot with great results! It has been hard to find, but now that I found it at a nearby Walmart, it is also much cheaper than other places. I used to use sour cream and cream cheese in a lot my recipes. Hi Kim! I still have a reaction, but maybe you wouldn’t! There was something about it that was a little off, but it was sweet and creamy, and that won out in the end.