It’s actually very similar to other hard drugs. Just a tiny bit, but you do it. I need to keep myself busy with the right things in order not to feel horrible. This is especially true today, as there are SO MANY tutorials, courses, […], Have you ever thought about more profound differences between scientists and creationists, besides the obvious difference in how they view the world? The reward system was around long before our modern human species emerged, and that is why it is so common in all species: Give a rat some sugar, and it will come begging for more. Did the same next day, had a little more after dinner and I continued doing so for a week and the Ice cream was over. You are also tricking your brain into thinking that something good is happening, but it’s just a bug in the system. On June 2014, I went up to a Ice cream parlour and bought a big pack of ice cream. Furthermore, studies show that high sugar intake is correlated with a greater risk of dying from heart disease. Glucose comes from the Greek word glukos which means sweet. Last year I gave up sugar and I was very proud about it. Why do I share my Binance trades for free? Why you “don’t deserve that dopamine rush in your brain”? It’s good, keep up the good work!”, don’t deserve that dopamine rush in your brain”. Food addiction is a controversial subject among scientists and clinicians. The reward system is activated when you engage in activities that are good for you (or your brain is tricked that they are good for you – exactly what sugar does).Feel good factories: So, the reward system is there to tell you that “what you just did – do it again! It completely gets metabolised in liver. ? ( Log Out /  Besides harming your physical health, there are. If we visit our villages and it will be hard for us to find a person with obesity. It gives makes your brain release Dopamine, a neurotransmitter/hormone which generally gets released when you get reward or during anticipation of reward or accomplished something in your life or when you have sex. Hungry rats that binge on sugar provoke a surge of dopamine in their brains. to obtain it is through meaningful work, and I figured this out just recently. I knew all of this, so It was interesting to see that all of these facts didn’t seem to stop me from eating an enormous amount of chocolate every other day, drinking over-sweetened coffee, and simply being a sugar-slave. I want to understand how what we eat alters our behaviour and whether brain changes can be mitigated by other lifestyle factors. Importantly, this shows that what we eat can influence our ability to resist temptations and may underlie why diet changes are so difficult for people. Also, 10% of alcohol gets metabolised in your brain, that’s how you get drunk.