Chock full of bananas with spurts of blueberries, these healthy muffins … That means instead of reaching for a Pop Tart or a store-bought granola bar when you’re already 10 minutes late getting out the door, reach for a couple muffins from the freezer and toss them to the kids in the back seat. Second, because oats absorb liquid really well (and really fast), you need to add them at the very, very end of the recipe. Hi Kylie! Blend again on low for about one minute until everything is well combined and smooth. Have a healthy recipe to share? Nah, it won’t matter in taste. Our quick start weight loss plan—perfectly portioned meals delivered to your door. Our easy-to-follow transition plan to help you maintain your weight loss results. Cooking time varies - 9 minutes for regular muffins for me, 8 minutes for mini muffins. Yes. They can both work interchangeably as liquid sweeteners in most of my baked goods (like pumpkin donuts or strawberry lemonade donuts or zucchini carrot apple muffins). No more waiting for the bananas to turn brown. You can swap out the raisins for any of your favorite dried fruits, or the cashews for another nut like walnuts, almonds or even peanuts. I assume it’s different but I guess I could do that experiment myself! I believe you can eat real food without going broke AND without spending all day in the kitchen - come join me! Your email address will not be published. I didn’t have a lot of honey left but it probably would have been perfect with slightly less. Find out what products I can’t live without! These Blender Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are ridiculously easy, made with items that you most likely have on hand and bonus - they’re healthy! That was probably a typo Jeannette. Looking for a quick snack that everyone will love? im off a lot of foods and hard to find yummy stuff that dont call for weird ingrediants. Bloggers make mistakes too! You can use maple instead. Add salt and cinnamon (both optional), if using. Amazing recipe! Have your own healthy recipe? ★☆ If yes, would I use the same amount? My banana muffins are in the oven but I had enough dough for 18 muffins. Freezer burn is from the extra air, so the more you eliminate, the better off you’ll be! ★☆ Anyways I’m curious if, with all your experience experimenting with and creating recipes, you might have some guidance for me. They make for a perfect grab-and-go snack. You’ll just get more muffins! I'm Tiffany - blessed wife and mother of two living outside Atlanta, GA. Best part? If you are not OK with that I completely understand, I just wanted to ask for permission before I use them. I haven’t tried making a loaf Tamara, but I wouldn’t go for it… at least not as-written. Please don’t buy oat flour. Hi Emily! Give it a whiz for about a minute and BOOM… you have oat flour. I put a dozen muffins in a bag (laying them flat so bags can be stacked on top of each other, rather than haphazardly putting muffins in the bag) push out the air, then suck it out (yes, I put my lips to the bag and suck out the extra air!) Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees – they will bake hot and quickly. Ever, ever, ever. For a loaf start start checking in after 15 minutes. I topped these banana bread muffins with rolled oats because I think it looks pretty, but you don’t have to do that. Thanks in advance! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. (Did I mention that there’s just ¼ cup of sweetener in the whole recipe? If you use silicone liners (I have these), the muffins are super easy to pop out once they’re cool. It took 23 seconds to blend up the 5 ingredients for my muffins. The original recipe called for one cup of dates, and while I use dates for homemade pumpkin larabars and no-bake blueberry coconut pie, dates aren’t that cheap and I don’t ALWAYS have them in the pantry. How long to the muffins typically stay before having to freeze? Wondering if the size of the bananas matter? I have a bunch of freezer bags to use up, but would they do better in a container? So it’s basically one more minute of prep that you don’t have to do. im off: sugar, chocolate, tomatoes, sesame, peanuts, wheat, seeds, legumes. I love finding recipes that call for brown bananas. We’re using honey as our sweetener, but you can use maple syrup if you’d like. You can’t go wrong with this simple recipe. Haha. We want to feature it! So, keep that in mind depending how on sweet you like your muffins. Mine were medium to large. Store them in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Grocery stores use sneaky marketing tactics so you stay in the store longer, buy things you don’t need, and spend more money. love the recipe. ), Naturally gluten-free and incredibly delicious, Easy to double or triple, based on how many muffin tins and silicone muffin cups you have, Freezer-friendly (hence the reason to double or triple!). © 2020 Nutrisystem, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I LOVE that you do this in the blender. In a blender, combine the bananas, eggs and honey. Sip your way to satisfaction with refreshing recipes brimming with flavor… not guilt. Thank you! I definitely have honey in the pantry though. The base recipe is great and then you make them your own. Plus you feel a little bit better about it when it’s loaded with fruit and nuts. Hello! School is in full swing and that usually means a triple or quadruple batch of cinnamon blender oatmeal waffles or easy almond flour pancakes or oven-roasted hash browns or coconut oil and cinnamon granola on Saturday morning so that we have enough leftovers for quick breakfasts during the week. Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes then let cool on counter until muffins are hardened and can be removed from muffin tin easily. Ingredients. These sound so yummy and easy but I have one question. I think I might have to turn this into a six ingredient recipe and add some chocolate chips Thanks, Tiffany and happy Monday. Get a Real Food Reboot with 10 short daily challenges! Learn more about sustainable practices at Nutrisystem. We usually use them up in smoothies or freeze them for later or even make a batch of banana chocolate chip muffins. How awesome is that…  FOR A MUFFIN!!). Search by ingredient below and I’ll give you recipe ideas that will please your palette, Whether it’s for one season or one year, let us take meal planning off your to-do list so you can focus on feeding your family healthy food. Also how could I prevent freezer burn? Could I use maple syrup instead of honey? Few ingredients and hardly any dishes! 2. Add toppings – chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut, etc. The only tip I have for using non-brown bananas is to give them a whiz in your blender first, since they aren’t as soft and don’t dissolve into a lovely banana puree as easily. Mix in white sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla … I’m so glad your family likes them! Not sure how they will turn out. It’s the best! And our favorite thing about these tasty treats? The guidance or having everything ready and adding the oat flour at the end is probably what contributes to them feeling like regular banana muffins.