And thanks for pointing that out about Recruiter. Grixis (and Mardu) color decks will have access to Divergent Transformations as a means to get the full lock into play at instant speed at the most opportune moment, but comes with the downside of limited deck building choices since only Maralen and Agent will be able to occupy slots as creatures which reduces the overall effectiveness and consistency of the Agent based game plans when they don't have access to Hullbreacher and friends. A customer service representative will review this shortly. English Chinese Simplified (简体中文) Chinese Traditional (繁體中文) French (Français) German (Deutsch) Italian (Italiano) Japanese (日本語) Korean (한국어) Portuguese (Português) Russian (русский язык) Spanish (Español) FOIL. The theft part is a little gratuitous, but will force a shift in the meta and even playstyle just because of the huge blowout of not handling an opposing Opposition Agent the right way. by RaptureForge, Flying Friends Here's some of the cards I was also considering, though my list isn't entirely together and so far it's all just floating ideas. I could see either getting banned. You can't do that outside of very casual playgroups that dont play around Rhystic Study type effects. Set Price Alerts Price Chart AKH. Aven Mindcensor. by Noire_Samhain, Anafenza, The Foremost Why does it still count as searching your library when an Aven Mindcensor is in play? Fair point otherwise, but that would be how I'd do it. I think the Rhystic-Smothering Tithe style argument is sort of moot in cEDH, where tricking opponents, most of whom are previously in professional events or play on professional levels, at least in the cEDH playgroups and discords I happen to be a part of, isn't how we play. by yurixquest, Sygg, the Soapbox Racer Aven Mindcensor. by Verlise, Do You Ever Get Anywhere? golgarigirl weirdly you dont have to worry about Scapeshift, since you can decide to sacrifice none. And it already was before this card. It takes another one of itself and now you have to deal with two, the second being able to be flashed in from a nearly impossible-to-interact-with zone, for 3 generic this time, coming in at whatever point is most detrimental. Otherwise, yeah, I agree OP Agent, without SS or Maralen is probably going to get you maybe 1-2 cards maximum, maybe a stray path will get you a land or something, but most paths would be aimed at the Agent, so most likely 1 card. It's hard to say what will wind up being the definitely best way to play an Agent based game plan at the moment, but in all likelihood we will find the most optimal approach mirrors the most optimal choices of the past: T&T is liable to still be king of the mountain. Aven Mindcensor and Tempt with Discover timing of interaction. I'd have loved it if the card had only said: "you control your opponents when they search their libraries", so the impact of the card would be higher as more tutors would be played at the table. But in the top 100 cards on EDHrec, there's 16 that get hosed by OP agent. Types: Creature — Bird Wizard. But not really, because every tutor counts as every other card in your deck that it can find. I've got Aven Mindcensor and Drannith Magistrate so far which help with that. Artist: Rebecca Guay . Getting your stuff stolen feels bad, however, so this will immediately make the top Salt Cards list on EDHrec. The best way to beat it is by running it, or Praetor's Grasp to steal another one, or Gilded Drake, because it shifts the power dynamic of the most powerful card type in the format; tutors. The problems you are projecting are only for tables that rely on their tutors to do anything they want to, with only interaction, tutors, and instant, hard-to-interact-with win-the-game combo pieces in their deck. My main wincondition going into this list was Isochron Scepter + Dramatic Reversal. Similarly I've got Alhammarret's Archive and Teferi's Ageless Insight for similar reasons. So my list is leaning a little closer to the "slowing the game" a bit but not stacks.