Home » Snacks » Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Quaker Copycat). Thank you for supporting Kristine's Kitchen! This homemade version is even better, though, because these bars are made fresh with recognizable ingredients. Stir well. i used natural almond and cashew butter. Combine the oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, wheatgerm, oatbran, linseed, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a mixer. Heat oven to 350°F. can i use regular sugar instead of honey? You can halve this recipe and use an 8×8-inch pan if you wish. 1/4 sesame. This is the best chewy granola bar recipe! Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Required fields are marked *, Sign me up for Kristine's Kitchen FREE Recipe Emails and eBook Downloads. I’m sorry that happened! I want to make them for my daughter’s preschool class snack. The only thing I did different is mix the chocolate chips in with the rest and that was just laziness on my part. Using the sharp knife, cut into 8 rectangles. To a food processor (or mixing bowl), add the oats, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, coconut sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Without being there in your kitchen, it’s hard for me to know what might have gone wrong.  -  If you don’t want to use a combination of both kinds of almonds using just one kind tastes just as delicious. Please try again. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking dish with two pieces of parchment paper, perpendicular to each other. My kids like to see lots of chocolate chips in their granola bars! Your email address will not be published. 1/2 all bran buds. 24 Nov 2009 . Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the oat mixture. Holding the edges of the parchment paper, transfer it to a cutting board. Let cool. Pulse a few times (or stir) to combine. i used 1c oats, 1c granola cereal.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), These are amazingly delicious with tons of flavor and texture. Something went wrong. i used all the same proportions given but replaced alot of ingredients. My husband approves 100% . That recipe is made with ripe bananas, and I thought you would also like to have a classic, banana-free chewy chocolate chip granola bar recipe! Once weighed and sorted, this was a reasonably easy recipe to make. Mix the dry ingredients. i used all the same proportions given but replaced alot of ingredients. Read the tip below about how to press the mixture into the pan to help the bars stay together. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. The granola bars contain oats, pureed dates, honey, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla, almond butter, and a combination of the Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds and Sea Salt Almonds. Please help! Your email address will not be published. Privacy policy, My husband asked me to make some power bars. Let cool and then chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting into bars. Bake the mixture for 20 minutes, until the edges are golden. -  Instructions.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). This site contains affiliate links. Cut into bars. My banana chocolate chip granola bars recipe is well loved by those who have tried it. Combine the oats, raisins, sunflower seeds, wheatgerm, oatbran, linseed, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a mixer. Let each piece of parchment overhang on two opposite sides of the pan. I like to press a few extra chocolate chips into the tops of the bars. Bake for 15 minutes. In a large pot, combine the butter, brown sugar and honey. My husband goes hunting tomorrow! Lay a piece of parchment across the top and use a rubber spatula and your hand to press it very firmly into the pan. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the oats and brown rice crisp cereal. Be sure to use a very firm hand when pressing the granola bar mixture into the pan. Granola bars will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Log in. These chocolate chip granola bars taste almost exactly like the Quaker chewy chocolate chip granola bars from the store. Line a 20x30cm tin with foil. It’s also important to press the mixture very firmly into the pan, as described in the recipe instructions, to help the bars hold together. The coconut oil helps the bars hold together, since it solidifies as it cools. . 6 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice ... Cherry oat squares with chocolate drizzle. Mini chocolate chips work better than regular size in this recipe. This is the best chewy granola bar recipe! It didn't take long to find a recipe on this website. Store granola bars wrapped airtight in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (we never have any left after 1 week!) 26 Mar 2009 Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (Quaker Copycat), chocolate chip granola bars, healthy granola bars, homemade granola bars, how to make chewy granola bars, how to make granola bars. © Charity Matthews, from the book Super Simple Baking For Kids. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. 1/4 flax seed. Cut the bars. Mix in peanut butter, honey and melted butter. (Use your hands if you like, but ask an adult first to make sure the chocolate isn't too hot!). 08 Mar 2012, i usually dont leave a review when i change the recipe this much but the end product was soooooo good i just had too. Waiting for it to cool was the hardest part. Let the mixture cool for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared pan and, using your hands, spread it out so it's flat and even. Granola bar recipes. Melt the chocolate. Just the right amount crunch and they’re keeping well in the frig. baking pan, combine oats, peanuts, wheat germ and sunflower kernels. You can let the granola mixture cool for a few minutes before stirring in the chocolate chips. The steps for making these homemade granola bars are simple.