Fill your glass with ice then add the gin, elderflower cordial and a good squeeze of lime juice and top up with tonic or soda water. Summer’s not over yet!! Made this recipe? It has the refreshing qualities of spa water: cooling cucumber and relaxing mint. I’m in for some sparkling cucumber mint gin any day Maryanne! Thank you so much Ginny! I made this for a friend’s birthday and as the birthday girl said…”this is AMAZING!! by katew (5) Top 100 Halloween Recipes. Classically trained pastry chef. You may need to press down on the cucumbers to get them into the blades. Somewhere in the middle between food snob and food schlub. We got married in 2016. Required fields are marked *. Thanks so much for trying out the recipe! 4 cucumber slices Mint sprigs for garnish. I think I am like most people. My dad used to mix up his first gin and tonic of the year as soon as the weather started to get warmer, and I know there are many people who consider gin and tonic to be the quintessential summer drink – and then don’t drink them during the colder months. But instead of dressing, there’s gin! making it this weekend. Plus, get exclusive recipes, tips, and previews through our weekly newsletter. I recently added a little drained cucumber juice leftover from another recipe to an evening gin and loved the bright combo. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). I hope you stay cool and stress-free this weekend! That’s wonderful to hear! Starting with cold tonic can help as well. I shared about the wedding ceremony in part one and the dinner reception part two.). Except maybe a Basil Ginger Lemon Saketini. When served correctly, gin & tonic sounds, looks, smells and tastes irresistible. Your email address will not be published. That led to this – fresh, cold frozen cucumber ice cubes floating in a sparkling gin and tonic. Your email address will not be published. :). Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. [/recipe], Your email address will not be published. Add a little more water if needed. Just being in the kitchen makes me happy. Don’t throw away the pulp from the cucumbers, it’s great stirred into Greek yogurt to make a dip for fresh vegetables. 1 oz gin 4 ice cubes tonic water 4 cucumber slices 3 mint leaves. Place three to four cucumber cubes into a double old fashioned glass and add the gin, pour over the tonic and add a mint sprig. I live, mostly in my kitchen, in my hometown of Memphis, Tennessee. Cut the cucumber into small chunks and drop into a blender. Leave the puree to sit and drain into the bowl for about half an hour. Warm weather calls for iced beverages. I also get commissions made through other affiliates through this site. If you’re feeling extra, you can also serve this alongside cucumber sorbet for the ultimate refresher. Your email address will not be published. Banana Pumpkin Bread with Figs and Pecans, Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with hazelnut & sea salt, Champorado (Filipino Chocolate Rice Porridge), Enjoy a taste of the tropics all year long with this. For someone who is absolutely obsessed with G&T’s, I … Strain mint and store mint syrup in the fridge until ready to use. pinch of salt. Top glass with ice. INGREDIENTS: Two ingredients, lots of ice, and a squeeze of lime and happy hour begins. Mint sprigs for garnish. Garnish with a sprig of mint and/or a thin slice of cucumber. Cut the cucumber into small chunks and drop into a blender. Copyright © 2020 ALWAYS EAT DESSERT on the Foodie Pro Theme. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I've cheesily dubbed our cocktail the "Ferraro Fizz" after my soon-to-be new last name. You may need to press down on the cucumbers to get them into the blades. FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Enjoy! Here at ALWAYS EAT DESSERT you’ll find recipes and tips for baking indulgent treats from scratch with confidence. Dug- I didn’t get any notes of raita off theses cubes just, light, fragrant, refreshing mint and cucmber notes. This sparkling cucumber mint gin is soon to be your new favorite summer cocktail! It’s like the alcoholic version of an infused spa water. Usually I makeG&Ts with the classic wedge of lime, but I was feeling frisky (also, this tip from my late father: to make a gin and tonic without having to stir it, and still have everything be nicely blended, put the ice cubes in a glass, squeeze the lime wedge over the ice, pour in the gin, then add the tonic which bubbles everything together. Why this cocktail is practically a salad! You may need to press down on the cucumbers to get them into the blades. A muddler is basically a bartender’s pestle, and you use it to crush up various ingredients so that they flavor the drink more completely, releases juices and oils and the like. If you are having a party, make a double or triple batch of cubes. Cut the cucumber into small chunks and drop into a blender. And of course, how much gin you use is up to you! I had Cucumber juice in Mexico. ... Iced Mint and Cucumber Gin. Rating: 3.69 stars 62 Ratings.