“Shall I not punish them for these things?” declares the Lord.“On a nation such as thisShall I not avenge Myself? For the mountains will I take up a weeping and wailing, and for the habitations of the wilderness a lamentation, because they are burned up, so that none can pass through them; neither can men hear the voice of the cattle; both the fowl of the heavens and the beasts are fled; they are gone. “For the mountains I will take up a weeping and wailing,And for the pastures of the wilderness a dirge,Because they are laid waste so that no one passes through,And the lowing of the cattle is not heard;Both the birds of the sky and the beasts have fled; they are gone. They’ll come weeping for joy    as I take their hands and lead them,Lead them to fresh flowing brooks,    lead them along smooth, uncluttered paths.Yes, it’s because I’m Israel’s Father    and Ephraim’s my firstborn son! 19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? “They will come again from the land of the enemy. I'll weep and mourn for the mountains, and lament for the desert pastures, because they are desolate and no one passes through them. Jeremiah 14:17 Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow. Christian Bible Study Resources, Dictionary, Concordance and Search Tools So there is hope for your future” —it is declaration of. They're gone! Give yourselves to weeping, crying out in sorrow for the mountains; and for the fields of the waste land send up a song of grief, because they are burned up, so that no one goes through; there is no sound of cattle; the bird of the heavens and the beast are in flight and are gone. And there stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his brethren. I will take up a weeping and a wailing for the mountains, and a mourning for the pastures of the wilderness; because they are burned up, so that none can pass through them; nor can men hear the voice of the cattle. 2012-06-08 00:49:22 2012-06-08 00:49:22. 10 “Hear the word of the Lord, you nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: ‘He who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.’ 11 For the Lord will deliver Jacob and redeem them from the hand of those stronger than they. Jeremiah 9:10 × Parallel Verses. Background. 1611 King James Version (KJV). LORD -- the proper name of the God of Israel, Verb - Qal - Perfect - third person masculine singular, Verb - Qal - Imperative - feminine singular, Noun - masculine singular construct | second person feminine singular, Preposition-m | Noun - masculine singular, Conjunctive waw | Noun - cdc | second person feminine singular, Payment of contract, salary, fare, maintenance, compensation, benefit, Preposition-l | Noun - feminine singular construct | second person feminine singular, Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Conjunctive perfect - third person common plural, Verb - Qal - Participle - masculine singular. Jeremiah 31:16 German Bible Alphabetical: and be declares enemy eyes for from is land LORD of Restrain return rewarded says tears the They This Thus voice weeping what will work your OT Prophets: Jeremiah 31:16 Thus says Yahweh: Refrain your voice (Jer.)