If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster! And these cookies, my friends, they are truly amazing. They literally melt in your mouth. I have never had that experience, and without seeing the, is it possible to ask for this recipe in grams? I would love your input because the flavor of these… Read more ». These Lemon Meltaway Cookies truly melt-in-your-mouth! I may would make a little extra glaze because I was getting down to the very last bit on the last 4-5 cookies. i found cups are not reliable and i hate using cups as measurements, Here is a chart I made to help! And if you want an extra tart twist, try adding a slice of lemon on top of the glaze about 10 minutes after the glaze has been poured on. I rolled the dough, wrapped in plastic, refrigerated overnight, and sliced them cold. Cookies will last in the freezer in using this method for up to 3 months. I broke this recipe down into two sections,  The Cookies, and the Glaze. They should be a light yellow color. Love lemon and adjusted them lemon to my liking! Amanda Rettke is the creator of I Am Baker, and the bestselling author of Surprise Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion – With a Little Something Extra Inside.Over the course of her 15+ year blogging adventure, she has been featured in and collaborated with the Food Network, New York Times, LA Times, Country Living Magazine, People Magazine, Epicurious, Brides, Romantic Homes, life:beautiful, Publishers Weekly, The Daily Mail, Star Tribune, The Globe and Mail, DailyCandy, YumSugar, The Knot, The Kitchn, and Parade, to name a few. When the cookies come out of the oven, lightly press down on them with a flat surface (I use the base of a glass). Of the buttercream sort. When ready to bake, remove cookies from the freezer and place on a cookie sheet. Hi! Use the tag #YouAreBaker when posting a photo of your recipe, and make sure to follow @IAmBaker on Instagram! I have simply shared two versions of aesthetics. Oh my mercy••• these are by far the BEST MOST DELICATE TASTEFUL MELTAWAY COOKIES I have ever experienced!! Once they are hard, you can transfer them to a zip top bag or other freezer friendly container. These Lemon Meltaway Cookies are PURE perfection! Why no eggs? Can this recipe be made with gluten free flour instead of regular flour? Design by Lindsay Humes. Stir in lemon zest. Bake at 375˚F for 9-12 minutes or until the center has just set. In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results. I love cookies more than just about any sweets. When I was younger I grew up with peppermint meltaway cookies as one of my favorite cookies. If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night! Lemon Meltaways are a soft, buttery, shortbread-style, slice and bake cookie recipe. cookies, Lemon Cookie, lemon glaze, Meltaway cookies, Soft Sugar Cookies, Terms of Use – Disclosure & Privacy Policies, Bakery Style Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Form into discs slightly thinner than you would if baking them right away. The cookie is super soft and lightly chewy, topped with a smooth, sweet glaze and balanced with the most perfect fresh lemon flavor… 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos. Bake at 375˚F for 8-9 minutes or until the center is just set. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Have you tried these with gluten-free flour? These tender lemon cookies melt in your mouth! I had enough to give my son and try a few myself. But my cookies spread A LOT. You will want these to cool completely before you add the glaze. For the glaze you will need: I made the glaze in two batches, one that was color and one that wasn’t. They are fragile so handle with extreme caution, I used three tsp of lemon extract in my glaze and topped it off with Crystalized Lemon by TRUE lemon. (for a standard cookie sheet you can fit at least 8 cookies, a larger cookie sheet can hold about 14). Stir until smooth. Make sure cookies are completely cool before adding glaze. They actually do melt in your mouth! In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand-held mixer, mix the butter and cornstarch until well combined and lighter in color. Be sure to register or log in and then click the camera icon located at the bottom of the comment form. Choose which method works best for you depending on how much time you have and how much work you want to do in advance. So, naturally, grown-up me needed to see if I could replicate that with another flavor. Your email address will not be published. We used a spoon, but you can also use a piping bag to create a fun design! With the mixer on low, and the lemon extract and mix until ingredients are fully incorporated. They are topped with a creamy icing and literally melt in your mouth! How to Make Lemon Meltaway Glaze. Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free! Do you actually mean to use that much cornstarch! It feels good to know you're not alone, doesn’t it? They really melt in your mouth! I will be making these again! You only need ONE glaze for the recipe. I love the soft buttery texture of meltaway cookies, so I made my own version using lemon (another favorite of mine!). Lemon Meltaway Cookies are as close to perfect as a cookie can get! If you don’t have lemon extract, you can use fresh lemon juice. It's best to start with 1 teaspoon of the extract and sample as you go. While some cookies dry out, or change in texture over the course of 24 hours these Lemon Meltaway Cookies stay perfectly moist and tender day after day. I wanted it to have a subtle lemon taste and not be too overpowering. Mix together and set aside. If you do it that way they might spread a little bit, which is fine, just to be aware! In another bowl add 1 cup confections sugar, 3 teaspoons milk, and 1 drop of yellow food color. I’m Kimber. Turn off the mixer and add in the confectioner’s sugar. The glaze for these lemon meltaway cookies took some time to perfect. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop, (you can also use a tablespoon measuring spoon) remove about a tablespoon of dough. just curious & can you double the recipe? If you love lemon flavored sweets, these are not to be missed! I have NOT tested these cookies with fresh lemon juice and zest, so cannot guarantee the effectiveness. And when they come together it is just pure deliciousness. I made these for my coworkers and they were a hit!! Make the icing by whisking the powdered sugar with the lemon juice, salt and cream until smooth. Continue adding flour by the 1/2 cup and mixing until all 2 cups are completely combined. Sorry, these did not work out for me. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website. Just made my dough tonight…I put in fridge overnight without rolling them into logs. (The cookies won’t spread as much when cooking from frozen.). We were very surprised on how fast it took to create the dough and the glaze. A soft, delicate cookie with the most amazing subtle lemon flavor. Turn the mixer to low and add in the cornstarch, salt, vanilla, and lemon juice. Since this is a recipe that I hadn’t made before, I needed to do some pretty extensive testing. I mixed the butter and sugar too long? My husband loves lemon so I made these for him and he loved them. Wrap the logs separately in plastic wrap and chill for 2-3 hours. Allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. Stir until smooth. They look like they took a long time to make….but they really didn’t. In a small bowl, blend together 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, … These cookies looked really simple so we decided to bake them. Turn mixer off and add flour. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Thanks for a great recipe!! Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free: © 2020 Cookies & Cups. The texture, if anything, gets even better. https://cookiesandcups.com/cups-grams-conversion-chart/. Even thought the baking part was kind of a fail they were still very delicious. These bite sized cookies literally melt in your mouth! Lay on a cookie sheet or sheet of parchment paper and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to flash freeze. You can check out all of my EASY dessert recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.