I don't think I am watering it too much. It is available in two or three color. I haven't changed anything in my caring habits. Choose from three types of Dracaena Marginata plants, all with colorful, arching leaves. Help, I have a dracaena marginata I bought a couple months ago. This is normal. ... Monstera Adansonii stunted growth :( Why are new leaves black and stunted?! Fertilizing Your Dracaena Marginata. These trees grow very slowly and may take more than 5 years to reach their maximum indoor height of 5-6 feet. The most common Dracaena Marginata will be often considered a separate species, but is subcategorizes for some years now as Dracaena reflexa var. Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Blackbyrde, May 22, 2008. Dracaena leaves turn yellow. Dracaena marginata plants can be used as table plants, but they are especially impressive as tall trees with multiple canes and hundreds of long, thin, green leaves trimmed in dark red. The leaves also come in a few different colors such as magenta or tricolor. AKA dracaena marginata A timeless indoor plant with a striking appearance, the Dragon Tree (dracaena marginata) is known for its slender striped leaves that burst out of strong trunks. Dracaena Marginata Plant Care How To Water. Its leaves grow up to 24” (60 cm) long and 3” (7.5 cm) wide. It will eventually heal and will grow new leaves below the cut off point. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Image of Dracaena marginata (dragon tree) below. Dracaena Marginata Care. As the plant adjusts to reduced light conditions, it often sheds some of its lower leaves. Dracaena or Madagascar dragon tree, scientifically known as Dracaena marginata is a genus of around 120 species from the Asparagaceae family.. About dracaena marginata propagation it is written in the second half of the article. As the plant grows taller, the lowest leaves turn yellow and eventually brown. I heard it is normal for older foliage to dry and drop. Dracaena marginata plants have thin curving canes and resemble small palm trees. You can also trim your dracaena into a particular shape, if you’d like. A little bit of fertilizer can go a really long way when you are feeding your Dragon Tree. For a Marginata in bright light, allow the potting media to dry down 3/4 of the way and then water thoroughly. Leaves of the dracaena lose their green color and turn pale. This tree prefers bright, indirect sunlight but will be fine in lower light. If I try to get it down lower (like 2 feet), the leaves would be completely gone. What could be wrong. It is also normal for the plant to shed off lower older, leaves, so never be tempted to overwater. This low-maintenance Dracaena marginata houseplant is commonly called rainbow or ribbon plant for its ribbonlike leaves edged in … Buying Dracaena. Dracaena marginata is a thermophilic tree of a family of an asparagus family, with a smooth trunk and a bunch of the magnificent extended leaves on the top (a false palm tree). As the tree-like plant matures, leaves drop from the …