These are cities that you should probably avoid visiting unless you have no other choice because even the residents do not feel safe living there. This was around 10 on a monday night. On a sandy beach in Thailand, one of the most dangerous countries for women. These cookies do not store any personal information. Under no circumstances should anyone say that you are not safe in Athens. These threats and attacks have been going on for decades and seem never-ending. If we look at the results and speaking numerically, the total number of Went there a few years ago and found it cozy, atmospheric and like a hidden gem in Europe. Vilnius is even more dangerous than Moscow. Although there has been a decrease in the crime rate, it’s still high enough to make 30% of the residents of Sofia confide that they do not feel safe in the city and that it’s not a place where they have ever felt safe. Great vibe though in Glasgow. I got to say I went there once and I hated it so I changed the flight and took of as fast as I could. Five of the most dangerous cities in Europe are rated by their overall crime rate which includes murder, pickpocketing, and other types of corruption and inequalities. Felt like someone will assault us at any moment. Me as a Dutch person in Sofia lives here fantastic with no problems at all! I also used to work in Lyulin - considered to be unsafe and I did not feel that at all. extraordinary risk factors. The city averages 2.8 homicides per 100k people annually. Whoever said this city used to be full of assassins and prostitutes has clearly never been - it used to be referred to as the Paris of the East. It’s one of the most dangerous cities in Europe. difficult to turn into the casualty of a wrongdoing in case you’re This. RELATED: 10 Of The Most Dangerous Cities In The Caribbean. "Wrong place, wrong time. ccording to the Travel Industry Association, approximately, ,” detailing attacks on women travelers like Carla Stefaniak, who was killed while on vacation in Costa Rica. Get Upto 10% discount on each hotel booking, 10 Famous Winter Festivals in Europe in 2020 | European Best Winter Festivals, The 10 Best Beaches in South Africa | Top Beaches in South Africa, The 10 Best Beaches in Saudi Arabia | Top Beaches in Saudi Arabia, Most Visited Monuments in Zimbabwe l Famous Monuments in Zimbabwe, Popular Beaches in Chennai for a Perfect Beach Getaway to South India, Most Visited Monuments in Zambia l Famous Monuments in Zambia. Based on these, here are the 10 most dangerous cities in Europe. These are the areas that have the highest incidences of crime within the city. In this county, which has a high 5. They're also where knife crime is most prevalent. ", 20. Photographer: Jeenah Moon/Bloomberg, 19. In summary forget about some of the cities they advertise here which are so boring and come to Madrid to enjoy life and above all freedom where all races and gays, handicaped can enjoy life in peace. "This sun drenched country also performed poorly in the Global Gender Gap category. "Scoring badly on street safety, non-partner sexual violence and a host of gender inequality issues makes the United States particularly bad for female travelers. So I blame myself as with those factors involved, you can be attacked in any city... Over the next 3 days though, I actually grew to love the city (and made sure I knew my way home! At least in that city the local people showed themselves to be good citizens and good Samartians who certainly will not stand by and watch, ...more, Not dangerous but there are some con men trying to sell worthless stuff to you, sometimes with the intention to take your wallet while they try to humour you... Be aware of women asking if you've seen their "lost ring" as u start helping them to look for it they try to take things from you... Well Paris is a big big city and you'll have to know things like these happen even if it's a shame. People are very kind, hospitality is on a high level, beautiful scenery, many historical sites to visit, surrounding olympic mountains, great nature, excellent and cheap food, beautiful women, event of the year is the Sarajevo Film Festival - it literally revives the city, lots of young people partying 24/7 11 days in a month of July or August. Glasgow is rich in culture and beauty and was visited by over 3.2 million tourists in 2018. When it comes to weird food in Europe, you can bet the farm and all of the good things to eat on the farm that European gastronomic traditions are incredibly varied as... Europe is known for its great culture, amazing nightlife, and amazing food. ", 2. In this period, the police dealt with only one criminal offense of attempted manslaughter which, statistically, does not count as an accomplished/completed crime. If you want to get mugged, Riga is for you. Other than this, there is also high rate of criminal activity and corruption occurring in the city. This city is located near the Moskva River, and recorded 483 murders in 2010 compared to 767 recorded in 2006. Having commented about the Budapest taxi drivers, metro ticket inspectors and waiters, I should add that I found Budapest to be a very sedate, civilised and cultured city, and the streets and public places there felt very safe indeed, as though you could walk around alone all night and never come to any harm. The majority of the crimes that happen here are petty including theft, mugging, and pickpocketing. When I come back around 8 pm from work, there is more than 50 percent ...more, I really wonder who those people are writing all these bad reviews. Here I am sharing my Journey experiences which can be helpful to you while planning your trips. Although the crime rate in this most dangerous European city in the world is high, it’s been trending downward because of the resolution of the political unrest experienced during the 1970s and 1980s eras. Other than that, horrible place. The most dangerous city in all of Europe is Istanbul, Turkey. Pushy, pushy, and of course it always helps to shout. So beware where your stuff is. 1. If the "litter ...more, I live in Nottingham, Hucknall, and I'm 19. Been there several times and the bad rap is exaggerated. as many as 44 homicides were registered in a single year, but the average is an estimated 31 per year. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sofia is the capital city of the country of Bulgaria. high. This one of the most dangerous capital cities in Europe is the biggest city in the Baltic country of Latvia. The crime index rating is typically from 0-100 where 0 is the lowest crime index while 100 is the highest. Numbeo is a website that lists crime indexes for cities around the world based on user survey. People get beat up by the police and the authorities all the time and God forbid any homosexuals openly show their affections. The city serves as a very good example of the dangers of uncontrolled immigration. Riga is even more violent than Kiev. I vote this city from the deepest of my heart. Then go and enjoy the islands. Whether the recent media hype is real or not, our study certainly found this country isn’t safe for women traveling alone. "Rather than relying on hearsay and anecdotes, we thought it would be good to know which countries are the worst and safest based on hard facts. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Many of them are violent and are drug-related. The murder rate in Budapest also came out to be 2.2 per 100,000. This one of the most dangerous cities in Europe located within the United Kingdom. Belfast is Northern Ireland’s largest city. I love it people are very friendly and helpful unlike other countries I visited.In Istanbul, you will enjoy friendly atmosphere, stay away from Aksaray. It has a veneer of being safe but if you stay long enough you will see through that very quickly. Contrast that video with another on YouTube ("mob owns purse snatcher") which shows what happened in a city in China when two youths on a motorbike snatched a bag from a woman pedestrian. This most dangerous city to drive in Europe is the largest in the Baltic country of Lithuania, and also the capital city. ", 14. as many as 44 homicides were registered in a single year, but the average is an estimated 31 per year. Overall since Romanian's new prime minister has come into place things have got a lot better, crime rates decreased, the city is looking better and you can feel safe walking at night and the nightlife in Bucharest is very nice. Most Dangerous Cities in Europe There is an elevated level of agitation on the planet today with crime percentages soaring in a portion of the significant urban communities all through Europe. Spain: "Spain is the safest country on Earth for women traveling alone and it’s the 2nd most visited destination (just behind France)," says Fergusson. And in 2010, the city saw 118 murders. With a population of about 22,000, Andorra la Vella, the charming capital city of Andorra, is the safest tourist city in the world, according to SafeAround safety index, ranked from dangerous to safest. Most of the crime that occurs in Cantania is petty theft. Just be careful and nice, because people down there have a different mentality, especially those who have been in the war. Tough city, most people just looked pissed off while the rest look crazy. Omonoia and Syntagma are great in broad daylight but EXTREMELY dangerous at night. Everything is integrated, so if you don't belong people will be confused as to why you are there. That felt safe but as I said I didn't feel insecure, I just noticed there were a lot of beggars sadly. Two other extremely hazardous parts of Turin include Porta Plazzo and San Salvario neighborhoods. Kiev has had up to 118 murders committed in a single year. A cultural hub to the Hungarian people, the city has a population of around 202,000 people. What? Of the ten local authority areas in the U.K. that make the most revenue from parking charges and fines, eight of them are in London with Brighton and Nottingham being the other two. Didn't happened anything wrong to us but there were lots of people looking at us in strange ways in some streets. I think Belgrade is the most dangerous city in Europe, by a clear mile. If you aren't able to pull a beauty in the U.K and want to pay to sleep with a good looker (who has probably slept with five other men that night) Riga is for you.