Sign up now to get new recipes delivered to your inbox, plus my top 10 recipes ebook absolutely free! Stir the custard powder and caster sugar together in a small pan. HAHAHAHAHAHA. These look absolutely amazing!! xx, Theresa. Once cooled, place a large plate over the top of the frying pan then quickly flip them both over so that the tarte tatin now sits on the plate and the pastry is on the bottom. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. 8 to 10 South African nectarines, halved and pitted. Vegetarian & vegan recipes can be anything but boring. Bake 12 minutes. Place the nectarine slices on the pastry overlapping in rows on the short side of the dough. Step 5Line each pastry case with a circle of baking paper and fill with baking beans or rice. However, DuFour is made with all butter and has slightly better flavor and texture. The flakey puff pastry with the tasty vanilla cream cheese and sweet fruit reminded him of happy childhood breakfasts. A while ago I took them with me when we were heading for a little swim in the river where I live. easy puff pastry tarts topped with a subtly sweet frangipane and fresh nectarines! Yay! Use plums or apricots instead of nectarines. Ah that sounds delicious! Step 1First make the custard. You want to have equally small slices. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla cream cheese on each square, staying within the scored border. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and risen. Rating: 3.15 stars 41 Ratings. Any products I mention are items I genuinely like and personally use. This shortcut version of the irresistible French patisserie-style fruit tart uses bought puff pastry. Nectarine pastry tarts with the cream cheese, sounds yummy. weird, i know. Enjoy with a scoop of crème fraiche or double cream. Required fields are marked *. add the eggs, and beat until well-combined. Reserve. Required fields are marked *. Leave out the maple syrup! Yep, it’s that easy! Recipe created by Kerstin Rodgers, aka Ms Marmite Lover, award winning author, blogger ans supper club-owner. If the pastry cases are at all puffy, press them down so that there is plenty of room for the filling. Step 2Meanwhile roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, to a thickness of about 2–3mm. Lay nectarine slices on top of the puff pastry, within the border. Definitely going to try to make these. I alternate the direction the fruit slices are facing for each row. Do two or three more circles in the same way until you reach the centre. plan ahead by thawing the puff pastry ahead of time, and you can have these tarts in your belly in under 45 minutes! Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Nectarine, Almond & Cream Tarts. You can buy a large sheet of frozen puff pastry and cut it down to your desired size. Divide the puff pastry sheet into 8 equal long rectangles and transfer them on a with parchment paper lined baking sheet. place 4 puff pastry rectangles on each baking sheet, then place in fridge or freezer while you prepare the filling. Lightly prick the base of each pastry case with a fork then chill them in the fridge for 20 minutes. i don’t know about you, but i have this issue that when i have fruits in my fridge, i won’t allow myself to eat them unless they’re thrown into a baked good. Banana Pumpkin Bread with Figs and Pecans, Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with hazelnut & sea salt, Champorado (Filipino Chocolate Rice Porridge). Chop and roast the hazelnuts for ∼ 5 minutes over medium heat (in a small non-stick skillet). I believe in celebrating the everyday. I love nectarines and think this would be the perfect summer dessert! Dark and sticky caramel, sweet apples and crisp pastry combine to make this heavenly French dessert. Drizzle them with only a tablespoon of maple syrup and everybody is happy. or maybe even a combo? You have successfully joined our subscriber list. My family really like it also. Learn how your comment data is processed. Tarte tatin. but if you want to use your blender/food processor, blend all the ingredients together except the butter. Now I can start making them at home, instead! Remove the partly baked pastries from the oven. :-). Use a knife to score a border about 1 centimeter away from the edges. In a First of all, I’m not the biggest fan of Toaster Strudel. Subscribe today and receive this quick guide right to your inbox: Your email address will not be published.