Bring the sugar and 3/4 cup water to a bare simmer in a separate saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Is your garden still overrun with zucchini? 5 and 5; Appetizers ; Breakfast; Condiments; Desserts; Drinks; Elevate This; Food 101; Holidays; How To's; Main Courses; Salads; Sides; Products. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. It was almost perfect, but needed to be just a teeny bit thinner. I only had buttermilk on hand but it worked great! For the batter: Mix the butter and eggs. It helps to crack the eggs into a bowl or a small pitcher ahead of time. I’ll try filling the cups less next time. I love how this sweet vanilla frosting complements the citrusy lemon cupcakes. See my chocolate covered strawberry cupcakes for how I fill cupcakes the easy way. The gorgeous purple frosting is naturally colored and flavored with blackberries– and is absolutely divine. Moist and super fluffy!! A few in the back came out with lightly golden edges but all came out of the pan easily and held their shape with only negligible flattening while cooling. I am french so it is hard to find the right words. Yesterday after we got home from church, I decided to try it out using the classic 7-Up Cake recipe many of us grew up with, which I posted on this website several years ago. This is the perfect side dish to serve to people you love. One question- I noticed that your recipe says to decorate right before eating. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. BEAT. Make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Apr 11, 2020 - Get Lemon Lime Cupcakes Recipe from Food Network Try these delicious pancakes, muffins, and more. They are fairly small layers – somewhere between 1 and 1.5 inches tall. And also, can I swap the milk to buttermilk? Cooking. The cake is super moist, but the added zip of the lemon and lime zests really made it extra flavorful. Get Missy's Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes Recipe from Food Network. Sweet vanilla and zesty lemon complement each other wonderfully, though cream cheese frosting would also be delicious! Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. It’s wonderfully soft and creamy, pipes beautifully (I used a Wilton 1M frosting tip for today’s cupcakes), and pairs perfectly with just about every flavor. I always use your awesome recipes. Spray the crazy, wacky bundt pan (or any bundt pan) with baking spray…, Then bake the cake for a good 1 hour 10 minutes…or a little longer if it needs it! Hi Avie, You can cut the recipe in half. (Are we seeing a pattern here?). Raise your hand if you love the sides more than the bird. Sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting or a dollop of homemade whipped cream would also be wonderful choices. Use a large spoon to drizzle it all over the cake. Make two: One for your family, and one for you. So I think I’ll just go with scary beautiful! (A toothpick inserted should not come out totally clean; but it shouldn’t be wet with batter.) For her cupcake recipe, in addition to throwing a cup of Dr Pepper into the batter, she also adds a cup of chopped dried cherries and a bit of pumpkin pie spice—trust us, it tastes divine! . Magical! In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar. Set aside. The maple pecan pie looks downright heavenly. "We don't let the kids drink much pop, though; it's 'do as I say, not as I do,'" she writes. I’ve read that using oil creates a moister cupcake. For around. Would it turn out okay if I take away one of the eggs and add in two egg whites and substitute the all purpose flour with cake flour? A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean when they’re done. You can get Ree's full Dr Pepper cupcake recipe here, plus make sure to pick up a copy of The Pioneer Woman Magazine, now available now at Walmart—inside you'll find even more ways to cook with Dr Pepper (Ree's Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a summer cookout must!). Country Living participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Next, with the mixer on low, pour in some 7-Up! And once I cut into a slice and remembered just how darn good this cake is, I really didn’t care what it looked like. These were really great! 36 Best Pumpkin Farms to Visit This Autumn, 30 Best Fall Flowers and Plants for Your Yard, 10 Charming Country Products by Black-Owned Brands, Get a Sneak Peek of Ree Drummond\'s New Magazine, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Make the frosting: Combine 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until a candy thermometer registers 240 degrees F, about 12 minutes. I was happy with the results. If so, same bake time. 16-Minute Meals; Appetizers; Breads; Breakfast; Cowgirl Food; Cowboy Food; Desserts; Freezer Food; Holidays; Main Courses; Sides; Soups; Food & Friends. I made the same author’s lemon buttercream, which was a big disappointment. I’m going to show you a method for making vanilla-c…, Angel food cake really is the stuff of angels—light, fluffy, ethereal. How can you not smile sinking your teeth into one of these? Did you know that you can make marbled cupcakes from only one batch of cake batter? 10 Best Bundt Pans for All Your Holiday Baking, 25 Best Mug Cake Recipes You'll Want to Try ASAP, You Need This Amazing Cake Decorating Gear, Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake Is So Delightfully Decadent, You've Got to Try Ree's Blackberry Icebox Cake Recipe Before Summer Ends, People Can't Stop Staring at These Crazy Cake Videos, 35+ Sheet Cake Recipes to Whip Up for a Crowd of Any Size, This Gorgeous Cherry-Topped Cheesecake Is a True Showstopper, These Peaches and Cream Shortcakes Are the Perfect After-Dinner Sweet, Summer Party Guests Will Love These Key Lime Cakes in a Jar, Did you know that you can make marbled cupcakes from only one batch of cake batter?