Kick your knees up Step in time Dick van Dyke recreates 'Step in Time' dance sequence from Mary Poppins. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles. Over the rooftops, step in time Step in Time by Mary Poppins Broadway Version - Karaoke Lyrics on Smule. “Three guys really did do flip flops between two buildings… It means that you’re throwing yourself over and catching yourself on your hands three times with a 15 foot drop below you and it’s grim. The special also saw Harrison Ford introduce a first look at the planned Star Wars experiences at Disneyland and Walt Disney Resort. Step in time, step in time Come on, mateys, step in time Step in time Step in time, step in time Step in time, step in time Never need a reason, never need a rhyme We step in time, we step in time Kick your knees up! Her creations have been featured on Craftgawker, DIY Weddings, and in 2013, As Mom Sees It was named one of the Top 50 New Product Review Sites by Cision. by According the Menefee, actors would jump split and then tuck in and pull their knees up and the guy would trip a trap door in the chimney, allowing the actor to fall into it. August 31, 2016, 7:40 pm. Round the chimney, step in time Dick van Dyke recreates his famous Mary Poppins dance sequence, You may not agree with our views, or other users’, but please respond to them respectfully, Swearing, personal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and other discriminatory or inciteful language is not acceptable, Do not impersonate other users or reveal private information about third parties, We reserve the right to delete inappropriate posts and ban offending users without notification. " Step in Time " is a song in Disney's film, Mary Poppins, based on the popular Knees Up Mother Brown. Mary Poppins was a musical always close to the heart of Walt Disney, whose favourite song was reportedly 'Feed the Birds', so it was a particularly fitting tribute to the innovator's incredible legacy. Please be respectful when making a comment and adhere to our Community Guidelines. Over the rooftops, step in time Link your elbows This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. At the bottom was a mattress on which they’d fall and a door front so that they could roll out, allowing the next actor to do the same. Link your elbows It is sung by Bert, the chimney sweep (Dick Van Dyke) and the other chimney sweeps on the rooftops of London. By checking this, you agree to our Privacy Policy. Mary Poppins - Step In Time Lyrics. starts and ends within the same node. Are you sure you want to delete this comment? Bert was my favorite; I’ve had a crush on Bert since the moment I … "Step In Time" is a song and dance number from Walt Disney's 1964 film Mary Poppins which was composed by the Sherman Brothers. Be sure to see Pete Menefee and the other rooftop chimney sweep dancers, among which is Bert – my favorite – and the incomparable Julie Andrews in the 50th Anniversary Edition of Mary Poppins, available this week!