For the liquid component in this roasted tomatillo enchilada sauce, I used some of the leftover stock from my slow roasted pork carnitas and it’s easily … It is so easy to make and is a great way to use up some of the shredded chicken left over after we roast a chicken.We’ve been growing heirloom tomatillos in our garden the last couple years and normally use them for making salsa verde. There is no peeling or seeding, simply roast the vegetables, combine the ingredients, blend together, simmer briefly, and process in a water bath canner. Steps for Canning Roasted Tomatillo Salsa. Bathe your enchiladas, or try it as a sauce for grilled veggies—yum! Canning enchilada sauce is pretty straight forward. Pack sauce into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. No matter how you use it, home-canned tomatillo sauce adds amazing flavor to … ingredients. Homemade enchiladas with verde sauce is one of our family’s favorite meals and we eat it about once a month. 1 Rosarita Enchilada Sauce – Best Canned Enchilada Sauce for Keto. I can chicken so I take 1 pint of chicken, 1 pint of sauce and cheese and make enchiladas in 1/2 an hour. Well I haven’t done this exact, recipe but I’ve done many green chili and/tomatillo Enchilada sauce recipes solely for canning Because I’m not getting tomatillos for a one off recipe for a family of three so I pretty much have to plan ahead for a couple years. This is easy to make and thicken after opening for enchiladas, or just use as a Mexican flavored tomato sauce. Drain canned tomatillos. Run a clean knife or thin … Can in pint jars. This green enchilada sauce with fresh citrus-spicy serrano chiles, tart green tomatillos, and a handful of emerald cilantro is super easy to make in your blender. The lime juice adds great flavor to the sauce, but I also assumed that the additional acidity was required to safely water bath can tomatillos. add 2-1/2 tsp of spice blend to each pint jar. Most years, I preserve tomatillos in a home-canned green sauce for enchiladas and marinades. Ladle the hot enchilada sauce into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch of headspace. Canning instructions are included. Having to constantly read the ingredients in different foods and balance them out quickly becomes boring. Making and Pressure Canning Tomatillo Salsa ... My favorite way to use this sauce is to make quick chicken enchiladas with it. Recipe by Violet 2. if omitting seasoning salt, use only 2 tsp. Simmer tomatillos in chicken broth until soft if using fresh ones. Process your lids as directed by the manufacturer. Tomatillos are easy to preserve into jars of salsa verde. Wash and rinse your jars and keep hot til needed. This green enchilada sauce is made with tomatillos, onions, green chiles, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, sugar, and lime juice. My recipe is adapted from a ball canning recipe and has a lot of added lime juice. Wipe the rims with a clean damp cloth and seat the lids. PREPARE boiling water canner. Stir in chopped onions and cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Reply Delete. This delicious homemade cilantro lime enchilada sauce can be used for enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, etc. Roasted Tomatillos and Poblanos. Canning salsa verde is the perfect way to preserve a bumper crop of tomatillos.