Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. Divide the batter evenly into a greased or lined muffin tray – this will make 12 normal sized muffins or 8 jumbo muffins. Each muffin is bursting with sweet carrots, crunchy walnuts, chewy coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan in 10 cavities (you’re making 10 rather than 12 muffins unless your pan runs small); set aside. Mix the flax meal with the 1/2 cup of water until it becomes a “flax egg”. This prevents the muffins from collapsing in the oven. I have not, but if you try it, report back! Will almond flour work in place of the almond meal? Total heaven! It's okay if some small dry bits remain. In a medium bowl mix together the plant-based milk, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. If the batter is too thick: Add 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk at a time. Don’t forget to pin this on Pinterest to share with all of your friends as well! Step 4: Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add in the coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla extract. She’s a diabetes advocate, public speaker, and author of the popular diabetes book Fit With Diabetes. Then stir in … Pour the batter into a lightly oiled 8x4-inch loaf pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour. These easy vegan carrot muffins are so much more than just regular old carrot muffins. There are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives, and each flavor is gluten-free, soy-free, carrageenan-free, dairy-free, and has 7 ingredients or less. If the batter is too thin: Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour at a time until thickened. Carrot Apple Cream Cheese Tunnel Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – If you like carrot cake, you’re going to LOVE this version that includes apples and a tunnel of cream cheese that runs through the center!! Carrot cake muffins made with almond milk, carrots, pineapple, and walnuts are a tasty vegan treat that everyone will like. Mix until just incorporated. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down. They use one bowl, take only a few minutes to prepare, and always come out fluffy and delicious! Carrot Muffins are spicy and made healthy with whole-grains and applesauce. Your email address will not be published. The muffins won’t rise quite as much, but they will still taste wonderful. To do this, simply combine melted vegan butter, brown sugar and oats in a small bowl. 3 tablespoons water. Thaw overnight when ready to eat or place back in the oven for 5 minutes to defrost. 485 calories; protein 7g 14% DV; carbohydrates 70.5g 23% DV; fat 21.8g 34% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 548.9mg 22% DV. (I don’t prefer the cosmetic look of muffin liners). As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information. You can also use 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed in place of chia seed. Pour a little bit of batter into each muffin cup and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tip of a knife comes out clean. Mix curdled milk mixture and sugar mixture into flour mixture just until batter is mixed; fold in carrot mixture. © 2015 – 2020 Diabetes Strong. Mix together until a rough dough starts to form, careful to avoid over-mixing. Prepare your Egg Replacer for 2 Eggs according to the instruction on the package. Allow the batter ingredients to come to room temperature before mixing. I tried these with whole wheat flour and also added raisins. Also, when making the batter, you want to fold all of the ingredients together gently. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The best part? Add the carrots, optional raisins, and stir to combine. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Step 5: Stir in the mashed bananas and shredded carrots. They also make great healthy carrot muffins for toddlers and kids, but don’t worry… adults will love them too! If using another brand, make sure you follow the instructions on the package to replace 2 Eggs! Post the recipe link so everyone has a chance to make these! Allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Make the chia egg by combining 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water. I like to use baby food carrots but dont have a clue how to substitute these in. Welcome the newest addition to muffin paradise! They’re so easy and you don’t even need a mixer. Let them cool for about 20 minutes or longer. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are finished baking! These mini Vegan Carrot Cakes will keep well at room temperature for up to 3 days when kept in an air-tight container. There are a few steps to complete before putting this vegan carrot cake recipe together: first, grate the carrots and apple and let them drain to remove any excess of moisture, then prepare your egg replacer. Store in airtight container to keep them fresh or you can freeze them. All muffin pan sizes, how full you fill your pan, ovens, climates, etc. Once these steps are done, you can start to prepare the moist carrot cake muffins! The batter is on the thicker side by design. Post a picture of your muffins on Facebook or Instagram and tag me at CodeGreenWellness! Help? I adapted my recipes for Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins and Skinny Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins to make the vegan carrot cake muffins. Required fields are marked *. Step 2: Add all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps and that the spices are spread evenly. These are everything you could possibly want in a muffin. Carrot muffins take the sweet, warming cinnamon flavors of carrot cake and combine them with the moist texture of zucchini bread.