You want them pretty soft, so start checking around 30 minutes and stop cooking once they are soft enough to mash in between your fingers. Use a blender or food processor to mix the wet ingredients with the chickpeas. These are made in a square pan then cut into 16 pieces to get the servings. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. I have not tested sugar substitutes in this recipe, so test at your own discretion. Is the weather throwing anyone else off? In a large mixing bowl, sift together the sugar, oat flour (or ground oats), baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Allow blondies to completely cool before cutting into them. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Reduce the amount of maple syrup, but add a little water to make up for the loss of liquid. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Set aside. Feel free to scrape down sides to make sure batter is smooth. Stop food processor and scrape sides as needed. Use a blender or food processor to mix the wet ingredients with the chickpeas. Process your oats to make sure that they are blended into a flour. Spoon out mixture on to a 8x8 baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Drain and rinse the chickpeas the next day and put them in a pot covering them with water. This is how I measured when getting my weights. Your email address will not be published. If you are cooking chickpeas from dried beans, make sure to cook them well so they are soft. Feel free to leave the vanilla extract out if you don't have it on hand. If you prefer to measure, then measure the flours by scooping your measuring cup into the flour versus spooning it into it. WELL, first you grab yourself some good ol’ tinned Chickpeas. Lemon Glazed Macadamia Nut Cookies {vegan, paleo option}, Creamy Fennel Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Vegan). Add rinsed chickpeas, nut butter or sunflower butter, and maple syrup to the bowl of food processor. For more information on this, please click. My lentil soup lovers won the pill, Today was a good day. If you use brown sugar or a dark maple syrup or honey, the blondies will turn out darker, but are still delicious. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. Add the chickpea mixture to the flour mixture. For the best texture you need accuracy with the flours. Blend until smooth. Your email address will not be published. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 30-40 minutes. Your email address will not be published. You can sub out the peanut butter for an allergy friendly option or a different nut butter. « Coconut Peach Pancakes with Grilled Peaches. Put flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up clumps. You can use a blender too if you prefer. Allow to cool completely before cutting, this allows it to set more and helps with the texture. For this recipe you will soak 1/3 cup dried to get one cup cooked. Ideally, at this point, you’ll also want … We’ve made these at least 8 times in the past 2 months and each time they turn out a little different. This step is super easy. Transfer batter to the lined 8×8 baking pan and spread the batter out evenly. Slowly add one teaspoon until you get the same batter like consistency. Feel free to add additional chocolate chips on top for decoration. Which is why I include precise weights. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework, dairy free chocolate chips plus extra for topping. Feel free to swap out maple syrup for a different liquid sweetener. Place all oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt into the food processor and process it into a flour.