15:6 You have forsaken me, says Yahweh, you have gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against you, and destroy you; I am weary with relenting . 5769 || 4194 || Etymology: From re- + lentus. 18:9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it ; His wife Samantha maintains this site as well as their missionary outreaches. 21:15 And the people repented for Benjamin, because Yahweh had made a breach in the tribes of Israel. This is a thorough bible study about the meaning of the Hebrew word נָחַם, 'nacham' translated 'relent or comfort' (Strong's 5162), and gives every verse where the Hebrew word "nacham" appears. translated 'relent or comfort' (Strong's 5162), and gives Amos 7:2 And it came to pass, that when they had made an end of eating the grass of the land, then I said, O Lord Yahweh, forgive, I beseech you: by whom shall Jacob arise? website || Greek Word Studies Index. We grow food to support a community, build and repair homes, and support the poor, widows, and the fatherless. 3444 || 1242 || 2472 || 6662 || 3394 || 0226 || Job 42:5 I have heard of you by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye sees you. "relent." 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent : for he is not a man, that he should repent . The one used most often is Nacham, which means to regret. Exodus 13:17 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God did not lead them through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest perhaps the people change their minds when they see war, and they return to Egypt: 2656 || 2617 || 18:10 If it does evil in my sight, that it does not obey my voice, then I will relent of the good, with which I said I would benefit them. and some prepositions are added to the basic word to enhance the meaning, and where this has been done the meaning of the suffix or preposition has 4399 || The solid block attracted moisture from the air and relented into a thick brown liquour. 1 Chronicles 21:15 And God sent an angel to Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, Yahweh beheld, and he relented of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now your hand. Please copy and paste this word study link into Facebook and Twitter to all your friends who like a Hebrew Word Study on נָחַם, meaning relent or comfort and give it a Google +. Web. 6 Therefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes. 7676 || 4438 || Thus might we procure great evil against our souls. https://www.definitions.net/definition/relent. 26:19 Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all Judah put him at all to death? You can also download them to your computer, phone, or tablet. 1061 || This is a thorough bible study about the meaning of the Hebrew word נָחַם, 'nacham' relent (Verb) To become less severe or intense; to become less hard, harsh, or cruel; to soften in temper; to become more mild and tender; to feel compassion. Definitions.net. para -- let go, let alone... 1), draw the away (1), get out of control (1), go loose (1), lack of restraint (1), let (1), neglect (1), neglected (1), neglects (2), relent (1), uncover (2 ... /hebrew/6544a.htm - 5k To become less rigid or hard; to soften; to yield; to dissolve; to melt; to deliquesce. 6663 || Hebrew words for relent include לְהִתְרַכֵּך and לְהֵעָנוֹת לְהַפְצָרוֹת. Zechariah 8:14 For thus says Yahweh of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, says Yahweh of hosts, and I did not repent : Please tell your friends about this website. This requires putting scriptures together where they seem to have a similar meaning, and then meditating Including photos each week from our outreaches and the weekly review. 31:19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented ; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yes, even confounded, because I bore the reproach of my youth. Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! Like this post? Or has he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Sign up for our free daily newsletter. BDS is the modern incarnation of anti-Semitism, holding this anti-BDS summit in the UN General Assembly will bring together an international coalition against the boycott movement, and will send a clear message to all of our adversaries – Israel will not relent and will continue to reveal the lies propagated by the BDS movement. These come from two different Hebrew words. 8398 || 7585 || Relent′ing, inclining to yield: too soft; Relent′less, without relenting: without tenderness or compassion: merciless.—adv. ], The numerical value of relent in Chaldean Numerology is: 6, The numerical value of relent in Pythagorean Numerology is: 2. The other is shuwb which means to turn or return. 6544a. L. pref. 8:6 I listened and heard, but they did not aright: no man repented of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? Genesis 6:5 And Yahweh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.