Were you hoping Trophy lists would be combined across PS4 and PS5 versions? I know that once I see how quick the PS5 is in terms of loading, waiting for fast travel or game loads on a PS4 will seem like a nightmare.I'm sure I read somewhere that the DLC is cross platform and should be OK. 40hrs in on PS4 and I don't think I'm going to finish by next week. [Assassin's Creed] fans getting all apoplectic 'n' stuff. Sony doesn't have an equivalent to Smart Delivery, making trophy sharing, save games, and graphical updates to benefit new hardware a bit harder to do at the PS platform. Email [email protected], GS News - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag details emerge. Although a massive oversight here. On any given day, Liam is most likely playing the latest PS4 release or hunting for a Platinum Trophy. Do I upgrade and continue playing/play the DLC (if you planned on waiting to play the DLC until the PS5 version) or do I just stick with the PS4 version on the PS5? Every PlayStation 5 game available day one, Call of Duty Fans Aren't Pleased with the Black Ops Cold War Map Count, News Assassin's Creed Valhalla Trophies Revealed, Platinum Requires a Bit of Everything, News Here's How Assassin's Creed Valhalla Handles Microtransactions, News Assassin's Creed Valhalla Trailer Delves into Norse Belief and Mythology, News Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gets a Surprisingly Cheeky TV Commercial, News Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gets Two 'Massive' Expansions Post-Launch, as Well as Free Content Updates Through 2021, NBA 2K21: Best Builds for MyPlayer and MyCareer. If you're a passionate Trophy hunter like this scribe, the following story is about to really get on your nerves. I'm a freelance writer whose work has appeared in The Atlantic, The New York Times, The New Republic, IGN.com, Wired and more. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. PS5 Digital Edition vs Standard PS5: What's the Difference? To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. A subset of those would love to go for the trophies twice, another sub set would prefer them to auto pop. From sinking warships to conquering fortresses, Captain Edward Kenway stopped at nothing to earn his fortune & legend. I'm pretty sure there was a few PS3 games which did the same on their PS4 editions, Dragon's Dogma for example. Is this down to ubisoft or sony, or a bit of both? Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for PlayStation 4 game reviews & Metacritic score: The year is 1715. Valhalla will also release on current consoles; however, it's unclear whether the quality will be up to snuff for the impressive game. The Examiner reports that the main character in Black Flag is Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham Kenway from last year's Assassin's Creed III. Walmart PS5 Release Times: More Restocks Coming Later Today, Demon's Souls PS5 Early Review Impressions, Destiny: The Story So Far, From The Black Garden To Beyond Light, By Even though it means staring at the case for a week! I'm not sure if you can purchase and download PS4 DLC on PS5 for a game that gets a free upgrade like this? We’ve heard this name floating around before, and at this point it seems pretty likely that this is the next Assassin’s Creed game. Were PS3 trophies shared with PS4? ", Writing on Twitter yesterday, McDevitt said, "Is it that time again? and what little there is to play can play it on PS5. Most of these characters were based off the real accounts and stories from the era, with the locations and ships helping to make Kenway feel as much a unique window into history as much as he is a compelling protagonist. And I think Liam may lose by a bit. Maybe we’ll get an official announcement soon: these things have come at different times in the past, and it’s even harder to predict since we’re also working with the generation transition. I'm looking forward to playing through things like No Man's Sky (which I Platinumed at launch) again with all the updates and earning the trophies again. Assassin's Creed Valhalla: 14 Tips & Tricks The Game Doesn't Tell You, Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 13 Tips & Tricks The Game Doesn't Tell You It will give me a reason to replay the game in a few years. I was wondering how this would work with the cross progression and Ubisoft Connect. In that time, I’m not sure there’s ever been a new Assassin’s Creed title without some sort of advance leak that gives away the game. @Bentleyma- After reading (ok skimming over) 45 comments I smell a poll coming on. It is 1715. I'll buy it in the sale for ps4 eventually I got my ac valhalla ps5 edition today roll on next week. They did the same with Assassins Creed Black Flag. Perhaps it'll appear at the Xbox Series X event on May 7th. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag was released by Ubisoft back in 2013 as the sixth major instalment in the franchise, bringing the golden age of piracy to life in a way very few games, TV shows or films ever have. PS4 Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag begins in 1715, when pirates established a lawless republic in the Caribbean and ruled the land and seas.