Place cilantro, green chiles and liquid, salsa, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, lime juice, garlic, and oregano in a food processor; blend until smooth, about 10 pulses. I made my own refried beans using dried black beans and other ingredients and made my own whole wheat flour tortillas (recipes from another site). Also used some roasted hatch green chile's I had in the freezer rather than canned green chiles. I’m excited you loved them! Thank you for another delicious recipe, Kate! We also added 2 chipolte chilis in adobo sauce to the sauce (KEY!!!). I got RAVE REVIEWS when I served them to family and friends for a fun get together. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. They’re just cheesy enough, with a filling of sautéed bell pepper, broccoli, onion, spinach, black beans and some warming spices. I made the enchilada sauce too. 1 (14.25 ounce) can vegetarian refried black beans, 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, 1 cup loosely packed and chopped fresh cilantro, 1 (4 ounce) can canned green chiles, undrained. When chopping this pungent fresh herb, use both the leaves and the stems. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Recipe yields 8 enchiladas, enough for about 4 servings. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and bell pepper in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It was my first time making enchilada sauce from scratch and it was so yummy. Just always use your best judgement and check for spoilage. Accessibility Policy ⋄ Comment Policy ⋄ Nutrition Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Privacy Policy, Subscribe to our newsletter! I suppose I just don’t prefer it. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Roll up tightly; place, seam side down, in baking dish. I love how you are being creative, Danielle! All rights reserved. I think it might hold up better with flour tortillas. The homemade sauce makes the dish! Thanks for the recipe! I used mostly whole wheat flour tortillas but also corn and a locally-made chickpea flour tortilla that has a great texture and flavor. The recipe was very tame and my kids thought it tasted more like a bean burrito than an enchilada and I have to agree. Hi Sara, 4 days sounds like a safe bet. Didn’t have jack cheese so I went with what was left in the cheese drawer–a little cotija on top & a little cheddar in the filling. I substituted whole black beans for refried beans and corn tortillas for flour. Although it did take me a little longer to prep and get in the oven, I was not disappointed by the outcome. This is a great favorite to have! Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. Season with cumin, salt, and pepper. Honestly, I didn’t know enchiladas could be this good, and we have so many great Mexican restaurants around here, so that’s saying a lot. I was wondering how long do they keep in the fridge? Would serve with rice and lettuce shredded to top enchiladas. Use low-fat or fat-free cheeses for a lower-fat enchilada. It is so delicious, added some grilled corn. (And store bought enchilada sauce, bc, #notime). Thanks so much! This is my first review and I must say this recipe is definitely worth it. I’m always so eager to hear from you. Let me know if you try them again and let me know what you think. It works so good together with the flour tortillas – usually use corn for enchiladas. I made them just as the recipe was written with cauliflower (except that I had to use cheddar cheese). Hello! These were amazing!! If so would you defrost the day before and reheat in the oven? Thanks. Thank you so much for making vegetarian dishes I can try on my family. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Maybe next time I'll skip putting the enchilada sauce beneath the enchiladas. Betty Crocker™ No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites, Betty Crocker™ Dessert Decorating & Specialty Products, Betty’s Best Nutella® Thanksgiving Recipes. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. I think it might hold up better with flour tortillas. The cream cheese is the KEY and brilliant ingredient. So delicious and the sauce was phenomenal. Thus making this both vegan and gluten free.