I almost always choose canned fruit that's packed in juice… Leave out some of the liquid and sugar in place of using this. Would reheating pizza at 375 F for 10 min be enough to kill most viruses? But it's probably not the best thing for you. It is good for you and if you drain it into a clean jar add it to your cereal or oats in the morning. Get your answers by asking now. Gee wasn't he a smart guy. This is the light syrup one and as you can see, they simply added 10 grams of sugar to the oranges. I was noticing that in so many recipes you add canned pineapple drained and no where do you use the juice. Butternut squash, apples, cabbage, pumpkin, brussels sprouts, cranberries and more are available in abundance – yay! I was thinking about using it to raise my yeast when I make bread. Come join the discussion about livestock, farming, gardening, DIY projects, hobbies, recipes, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! what do i do in the evening if i get hungry. So the juice will essentially be flavored sugar water - basically, empty calories. It won't make you sick, assuming that the contents of the can haven't spoiled. You can get canned fruit that has no sugar added. I like pouring it into whatever juice jug or carton is in the fridge at the time (there's ALWAYS juice in the fridge around here). OCEAN SPRAY FRUIT JUICES-5.5oz CANS-3 Flavor/12 Can Variety Pack-4 of each flavor with Tote Bag from Bay Area Marketplace. Other than what has beenposted, I like to use in baking muffins,bread. It's not that I don't like mankind, I just like nature a whole lot more. Gooey and sweet, caramel apples are scrumptious. If it wasn't safe, why would the fruit be packed in it? Don’t let that deprive you of that magical flavor combination. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, grits are […], Fall and caramel apples go together like peas and carrots. Buying canned fruit used to be easy – decide which fruit then buy it. I thin it with water and drink it for breakfast or another time. - what do you do with the syrup? Is it weird to sell burgers and pizza in the same restaurant? What's something that smells bad but tastes so good? JavaScript is disabled. If you do nothing, it's just too runny. Makes a good flavored ice tea! Sometimes I'll put the peaches on top and pour the syrup over that and bake it just a few more minutes. I read that our grannies saved it to use in canning the next year. Tis the season for all our favorite foods to be in season. When you open a jar of canned fruit - let's say peaches, pears, etc. I found 3 distinct varieties of Mandarin fruit cups – packed in light syrup, packed in fruit juice, and packed in water sweetened with stevia and monk fruit extracts.