am sure the eggnog flavor would come out if I used my favorite recipe of all time for President Reagan's favorite White House eggnog-there's no missing flavor in that stuff ;-). Thanks for sharing. Lucky Me! The fragrance of nutmeg and cinnamon will infuse your home with holiday spirit as you bake these cookies… These cookies have a wonderful spicy aroma and are great tasting. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Yummy and crispy wafer sticks with flavorful spiral cream filling. These tasted nothing like the eggnog cookies I've had. They are delicious!! I used your suggestion and used 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. These don't spread as much as some cookies, but leave at least 1 1/2 inches in between each cookie (you can always bake in batches to be safe). Scrape down the bowl again to make sure everything is evenly combined. 80 Vintage Cookie Recipes Worth Trying Today, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Product of the Philippines What other items do customers buy after viewing this item? Posts may contain affiliate links. There’s a difference between dry ounces and fluid ounces, which often confuses people. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. I also had a batch of eggnog for backing and was looking for an eggnog heavy recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Beat in eggnog. Winter. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. You could also try using homemade eggnog, though I haven’t tried this. Want to take your cooking skills to the next level? Used a wine glass as a cookie cutter and got beautiful cookies. 4.1 out of 5 stars 5 ratings. SUBSCRIBE & RECEIVE A FREE EBOOK WITH MY 25 FAVORITE RECIPES! Eggnog cookie icing and freshly grated nutmeg create a perfect balance of flavor. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. can someone please clarify. These are our favorite cookie! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth. Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, portion the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. I’ll try to respond to urgent questions as quickly as possible! Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. Shape into four 10-in. I made them for thanksgiving and she wants me to make them again for Christmas. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. Add the eggs one at a time, and scrape down the side of the bowl. Let the cookies cool completely before frosting so you don’t wind up with a gooey mess. In addition to cookies, I adore eggnog. I always add more nutmeg to the dough than is called for. Sign up for my FREE 6-day email course: Culinary School Tricks for Home Cooks! Frost cookies. I get this question periodically, so I wrote an article recently called “How to Measure Flour,” which will hopefully clarify things further. Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Add the flour mixture and … Add confectioners' sugar and eggnog; beat until smooth. Slowly add the sugar (about 1/4 cup at a time), then add the eggnog (and rum, if using). Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, until they're just barely starting to turn golden around the edges. Directions. Psalm, please don't post if you haven't tried the recipe and have no intention to. My husband loves these cookies at christmas time. So, 8 fluid ounces of water or milk is always 1 cup, right? rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. You definitely want to chill the dough before baking. Once the white frosting was on, I used the green to make a zigzag tree with a red dot at its top. These cookies are a breeze to make, and no chilling dough or cutting shapes here! Listed as one of the Philippines’ top 100 companies, Monde Nissin is the company behind the iconic Filipino brand and instant noodle giant Lucky Me! I used the frosting recipe, but took a little out to make red and green. I use a small cookie scoop and then roll and flatten them. Sorry, but will probably not make these again. If you like the combination of eggnog and rum (I do), try adding a bit of rum to the frosting! Place 1 in. Once the cookies are at room temperature, frost, and then top with a generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg (I recommend using a microplane zester for this). If you find the dough difficult to scoop, you can try chilling it for 15 minutes or longer to firm up the butter a bit. Try this frosted eggnog cookie recipe at your next holiday cookie swap! For all general questions, please leave a comment here :). Yield 66 cookies to a double batch. These are always on my baking list. Monde Nissin. In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients together. These frosted eggnog cookies are a real treat if you like soft, cake-like cookies. As you can see, when baked according to instructions, they don’t spread as much as, say, a chocolate chip cookie. I always recommend using a kitchen scale to get the most accurate measurement when baking. Jennifer graduated from the Culinary Arts program at L’Academie de Cuisine, and has worked as a line cook, pastry chef, and cooking instructor. This eggnog cookie recipe combines two of my top holiday loves. Baking them, photographing them, you name it. I'd look elsewhere if you're considering this recipe. It will keep them from spreading too much. How to Make Eggnog Cookies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. I found this cookie lacking the eggnog flavor I was looking for. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. I doubled the batch and refrigerated it as I would regular cookie dough and rolled it out to 1/4 inch. Will definitely try this for a birthday party. Wow! I don’t know if I am adding too much flour. slices. She’s written a weekly column for The Washington Post Food section, and her cookbook, The Gourmet Kitchen, was published in 2016 by Simon & Schuster. Made with real fresh eggs, these light and flavorful droplets of rich tasting cookies make the perfect snack for kids. Eggnog cookies looked soooo good and yummy, I had to try and make them. I try not to keep it around because I will drink it until my jeans don’t fit, but it is an amazing addition to baked goods. For icing, in a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Here’s what you’ll do to make them: Preheat oven and prepare baking sheets: Preheat … My youngest granddaughter loves this recipe. These soft gingerbread cookies are my newest favorites, but I’m still head over heels in love with my chai-spiced pistachio snowdrop cookies. For immediate help troubleshooting a recipe, please email me using the form on my contact page. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Eggnog stars in both the cookie and frosting in this new-found recipe, imparting a subtle holiday flavor.—Amanda Taylor, Glen Ewen, Saskatchewan, Frosted Eggnog Cookies Recipe photo by Taste of Home, Prep: 30 min. That’s normal! Please read my full post for additional recipe notes, tips, and serving suggestions! Preheat oven to 300 degrees. The egg nog flavor is wonderful! These eggnog cookies are soft and full of flavor! I bet they would be scrumptious eggnog cookies amazing for kids. I get 12-13 dozen. I highly recommend using full fat eggnog as opposed to low fat versions, which in my opinion have a weird aftertaste. Not to mention my snickerdoodles, peanut butter cookies, Andes Mint cookies, and pine nut tahini cookies. They’re perfect for holiday parties, with a delicate eggnog icing that isn’t overly sweet. Store cookies in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks (possibly longer, but they'll taste best within 2 weeks). As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. Are you getting the idea? They have great flavor and the icing is great. was launched in 1989. Page 1 of 1 Start over Page 1 of 1 . Too bad I can’t get the photo to load here because they looked great. and several leading products in the biscuit and snacking categories, including Fita crackers, Eggnog Cookies and SkyFlakes crackers. Nissin Stick Wafer Choco Flavor. I can keep going if you’d like. I added some nutmeg to the icing to help out the flavor. Nissin Eggnog Cookies. I made these as part of my 24 types of cookies for the holidays. The cookies tasted like raw flour and the icing tasted like butter. Thx Jen! However, a cup of rocks is going to weigh more in dry ounces than a cup of feathers. Combine flour, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Want to take your cooking skills to the next level? In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or … Are you by chance trying to measure with a liquid measuring cup? Your email address will not be published. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. While frosting was still soft, I sprinkled the tops with nutmeg sugar to give them a little visual interest.2016- I was short on time, so I just sprinkled the tops with nutmeg sugar after they came out of the oven. Sign up for my FREE email course: Culinary School Tricks for Home Cooks! Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Jennifer graduated from the Culinary Arts program at L’Academie de Cuisine, and has worked as a line cook, pastry chef, and cooking instructor. Store in an airtight container. There are so many things I love about the holiday season, and most of them involve the kitchen. Like the looks/sound of this but critiques are sketchy. View Export Details. If this is the season of giving, then baked goods are one of my favorite gifts to share with friends and family. Preheat oven to 375°. I don’t roll into logs, however. She's written a weekly column for The Washington Post Food section, and her cookbook, The Gourmet Kitchen, was published in 2016 by Simon & Schuster. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually stir into creamed mixture. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until it resembles a grainy paste. This is gorgeous. apart on ungreased. The dough was easy to make, the logs sat in the fridge over night and baked the next day. Can you guess what they are? I'm not much for doing fussy frosting, so I just put a little dollop of frosting in the center and put a plate of cookies in the microwave for about 15 seconds until the frosting melted and spread out. Read More…. You don’t need to leave too much space between each cookie; 1 1/2 inches should do it. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Fluid ounces are always the same. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling. Eggnog is traditional at Christmas time so why not add Mrs. Fields Eggnog Cookies to your list of holiday treats.Ingredients Eggnog Icing 2 1/2 cups flour3 cups confectioners sugar 1 tsp baking Recipe from blog Mrs. Field's Copycat Recipes. The icing mellowed together to look like a perfect pattern. Nissin Eggnog Cookies 130g, 5 Pack Visit the Nissin Store. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until light and fluffy.