It’s naturally, unrefined, and responds in baking JUST like brown sugar. Flourless banana bread muffins that are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, oil-free and whipped up in the blender in under 5 minutes flat! I’ve personally never tried it! 1/2 cup creamy almond butter. Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. My family is giving 10 stars not 5 for this moist, delicious banana bread! Rap the bottom of the pan a few times against kitchen counter to allow the batter settle and evenly distribute. You will only need 5 ingredients to make this healthy flourless banana bread – bananas, old fashioned oats, eggs, maple or honey and baking soda! Looking for a healthy version of a classic banana bread recipe? If you tried this Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe or any other recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think. It's a must have for your kitchen pantry! If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. If you need more oat and banana packed breakfast ideas, two of my other favorites are banana oatmeal cookies and banana protein pancakes. Since then she’s been developing and sharing recipes from her own kitchen that are bold in flavor and nourishing to the body! Add walnuts, nutmeg, or shredded coconut for extra flavor and texture if desired. I’ve tested this with two bananas. Preheat oven to 350F. |, banana bread with almond flour, flourless banana bread, gluten free banana bread, healthy banana bread. In this corner of the internet, I love sharing wholesome family recipes that have simple instructions, an abundance of flavor, and require minimal effort. Of course you can swap for brown sugar if needed! It taste exactly the same – just in smaller form and bakes much faster.Follow recipe as is, then scoop batter into greased muffin tin – fill 3/4 of the way with batter. It is moist and it does not taste like banana bread at all. A Simple Palate  ›  Blog  ›  Dessert  ›  Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. The yummiest flourless banana bread - A delicious and healthy recipe that's chock full of bananas! I like to use about 2 tablespoons of honey. You can store banana bread in the freezer for two to three months. We have been using A Simple Palate for about a year now and haven’t been disappointed yet . Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes – let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Join my email list and get a FREE recipe eBook containing my top healthy dessert recipes that are that “something sweet” we all crave without any regret. I’m not very sold on “healthy” versions of banana bread – but this recipe is undeniably delicious and irresistible! Amazingly tasty and moist flourless banana bread with only 5 ingredients + it’s gluten free, sugar-free, oil-free! Here’s everything you’ll need plus helpful ingredient swaps if needed. 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal (finely ground almonds with skin). All opinions are mine alone. Then fold chocolate chips into batter. If not, bake for another 5 minutes and repeat the toothpick test. How do you keep banana bread moist?Cover in plastic wrap, foil, or place in a ziplock bag to lock the moisture in the banana bread and keep it from drying out. Did you make this recipe? Then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add all ingredients to a blender. It’s gluten-free, nut free, dairy free and contains zero artificial sweeteners or preservatives. You can also follow me on PINTEREST, INSTAGRAM, and FACEBOOK for more crave-worthy content. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Make this banana bread into muffinsFollow recipe as is, then scoop batter into greased muffin tin – fill up to 1/2 inch from the top of the muffin pan. Mix into bananas – eggs, vanilla, coconut sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter. Set aside. With all the quaran-baking going on, you’ve probably seen a million variations of banana bread on social media. So I can’t say how it would work out. Required fields are marked *. If it’s starting to feel dry, cover it with a wet towel or wrap in a wet paper towel before placing in the microwave to bring it back to life. Tricks & Goodies But the ratio for almond flour is 1 cup to 1/4 cup coconut flour. Each serving packs a powerful punch … Just so healthy! It’s so soft and moist, is made with all clean ingredients and zero flour! We absolutely LOVE this recipe and make it on repeat! Add the oats to the bowl of a high-speed blender and process on high until they’ve broken down into a fine powder. You need ⅔ cup of mashed ripe banana, which should be 2 medium ripe bananas. vanilla: pure vanilla extract always adds delicious flavor to baked goods.CinnamonBaking soda + powder, Don’t wanna wait an hour for the bread to bake? Store in a sealed container or ziplock bag in refrigerator to keep fresh and moist. I like to pre-slice mine and then place in a gallon freezer bag. NOTE – Almond flour will bake faster. . I wanted the recipe to remain healthy so I opted not to add the chocolate chips and used Almond butter and half butter and butter flavored coconut oil. Fruit sweetened flourless banana bread recipe that's easy to make in the blender. I even omitted the dark chocolate chip because I only had semi-sweet chocolate chips. Lightly grease an 8 x 4" baking loaf pan (or line it with parchment paper). Pour mixture into prepared bread pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. This specific recipe calls for 3/4 cup almond flour – so 2-3 Tablespoons of coconut flour could do the trick. 1/2 cup liquid egg whites. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Mix dry ingredients together in one small bowl. Say hello to the yummiest banana bread you may ever have. Tips for Making Flourless Banana Bread. I’m so happy to hear that! Hi! More about me →. And for good reason — it’s a comforting, sweet staple that can be made in less than an hour. Thank you for sharing! The batter is noticeably thicker and the bread turns out dense and dry, so if you’re having that issue, more bananas is the key! Bake at 350F / 175 C for 25-30 minutes. Happy baking! This recipe consists of simple ingredients that you should be able to find at your local grocery store! I’m Bethany. Add batter to parchment paper lined 9×3 pan, top with extra chocolate chips then bake for 60 minutes in 350F. Share your photos and tag @asimplepalate #asimplepalate. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. So we use vegan butter, you can also swap for regular butter (preferably unsalted). Overripe bananas are best for banana bread. peanut butter: I like using natural peanut butter because it’s easy to stir and works great in baking. The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. Absolutely, 5 stars for this recipe. 1 1/2 cup mashed banana. 6 tablespoons coconut flour. First, smash and stir the bananas until creamy and smooth. :/, Hey hey! A healthier recipe I prefer over classic banana bread any day! That way, if you need a quick breakfast you can grab a slice or two, heat up in the toaster, and go. You can also swap for all-purpose flour. Pour batter into loaf pan. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients – mix until ingredients are just combine. right in your inbox! Bethany Kramer is a home cook, recipe developer, and dog mom. I unfortunately haven’t tried this recipe with coconut flour. I absolutely love this recipe. It's always a good idea to have a good bread pan. I love hearing from you! Let cool and slice into 8 slices. Absolutely amazing! First, smash and stir the bananas until creamy and smooth. The base of this banana bread is only five ingredients: bananas, oats, dates, baking soda, and eggs. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23cm x 13cm) bread pan or line it with a sheet or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang for easy removal. If you cover and store it while warm, condensation will form allowing mold to form more quickly. I actually found myself in the company of a pair of overly spotty bananas. We didn’t have almond flour (and didn’t want to venture out to the store for 1 item), so we substituted it with a gluten free all purpose flour and it turned out great. By overripe I mean the peel is brown or black and the bananas are slightly mushy. It has a delicious peanut buttery taste, lots of chocolate chips, and a super soft texture. Swap peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter if desired. Eggs: Eggs help fluff up the bread and hold it together. Let cool for 15 minutes – then lift parchment paper edges to transfer banana bread from pan. And this recipe is delicious! Fingers crossed but I hope that helps! Then let’s make this bread into muffins! I’m so happy to hear that!! Blend until everything is evenly mixed and becomes a smooth batter. Throw it all in a blender or food processor, and your batter is ready! Let your banana bread cool before storing it. chocolate chips: we love using semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. Your email address will not be published. more information Accept. Swap for almond butter if desired! , Wow, I’m so glad to hear it was well enjoyed. *You can substitute dates for honey. sugar: coconut sugar is a favorite in my kitchen. All rights reserved. At 25 minutes, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean the banana bread is done! Make sure bananas are very ripe for extra sweetness. The best Chocolate Chip Flourless Banana Bread – made with almond flour, oats, and naturally sweetened with coconut sugar. I haven’t tested the recipe using an egg replacer yet, but I … 4 oz plain greek yogurt (see notes for dairy free option) 2 medium ripe bananas ( one for batter – mashed) and 1 small banana to slice on top. Ripe Bananas: The banana portion of the banana bread Make sure you use very ripe bananas with a lot of brown spots for the best results. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. . Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes – let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tin. The base of this banana bread is only five ingredients: bananas, oats, dates, baking soda, and eggs. If your bananas are brown or black, this should be enough to add sweetness without making the bread overly sweet. Can I substitute almond flour with coconut flour? This bread, in my opinion, has a texture nearly comparable to regular banana bread if you add enough banana to the mix — just make sure your batter is thin, but not runny. Line a 9×3 bread pan with parchment paper (edges up so you can later lift the bread out of the pan). Last, stir in chocolate chips to batter. Slice and enjoy! It’s also gluten-free! She found a deep love for food and nutrition after learning to cook from her mom at eight years old. Looks sooo yummy… can’t wait to try it Bethany! 3 large eggs. A slight peanut buttery flavor, tons of chocolate chips, and all that banana goodness. How to Make Flourless Banana Bread – Step by Step. Bananas can vary in sizes — if your batter feels too dense, add more banana. What should bananas look like for this recipe?You can use ripe yellow bananas, but traditional recipes call for bananas to be really ripe — with brown spots or nearly all brown.