Office inspiration. Before you know it, half of your workspace is stolen away and the idea of cleaning up and organizing everything is just too overwhelming to consider. Her work can also be seen on SheKnows, Mashed, The List, Techwalla, and more. Minnesota’s Cedarhurst Mansion Has Hosted 4 Presidents and Countless Weddings, Fresh Off Huge Sale, Rob Lowe Reportedly Picks Up Homes in Beverly Hills and Montecito, 9 Home-Buying Costs Veterans and Active Military Should Keep in Mind, How To Tour a House Today: Tips To Make the Most of Virtual or In-Person Showings. Just a few carefully selected inserts turn those open shelves into hiding spaces for clutter. Make over the cult favorite Billy bookshelf by hanging fabric behind the glass panels. If all you care about is DIY related to home renovations, then check out these websites for learning home maintenance instead. Whether you use your office shelves for books or fun displays, try skipping the boring white shelves altogether. The key is to nip the bud before it gets that far, which is obviously easier said than done -- unless you hack together a cheap but practical solution like this KNUFF mail rack made from magazine files. Start with black or gray filing cabinets, or add a wood-stained desktop. 12 Inspiring Ikea Home Office Hacks. A perfect jewelry box…but tell me if this wouldn’t look incredible stacked in your office or studio! But what if you don't want your papers sitting out in the open? Work, study and hobbies in one tidy spot. 8. Instead of purchasing a ready-made desk, just piece together your own from Ikea. A lot of cable management IKEA hacks have been proposed over the years -- so many that IKEA decided to release a handful of products specifically for cable management. Find storage solutions, desks, and more home office essentials to make your work easier ­– and more enjoyable! IKEA hacks are nothing more than DIY modifications to regular IKEA pieces. This brilliant creation was made by Jules…isn’t it fabulous…wouldn’t you love a few in your office or studio space??? Home Buyers Reveal: 'What I Wish I Had Known Before Buying My First Home', Selling Your Home? Be inspired and create one in your favorite ombre color or whatever colors you choose…I know it will be awesome. You will get a full diy over at the blog and you will find out what supplies were used to embellish this beauty. Now it is time to admire another IKEA Moppe Box…turned Jewelry box and it looks amazing! Presto—you have hidden shelves that don't always have to look presentable. And it can hold all sorts of odds and ends you'd like to store away. Avoid these common standing desk mistakes and you should be good to go. This treadmill desk on Instructables is pretty simple to build, but if you want something a bit more robust, look into building this one that was featured on Lifehacker. A post shared by royalsfunkyupcycles (@royalsfunkyupcycles) on Jan 19, 2019 at 7:14am PST. With these awesome Ikea home office hacks you can have a dream home office without spending a … I know I for one would have a ball filling all of the drawers up with pretties and craft supplies! Another big source of clutter is when papers and envelopes pile up on your desk over time. September 1, 2019 June 10, 2019 by hacksaholic. Not into the all-white look? I would love these in my studio! She turned the Ikea … Want solutions that involve a tiny bit more DIY to them? 21 Ikea Desk Hacks For a Stylish Home Office. If you experience symptoms of eye strain and other issues related to computer fatigue, there's a good chance that it all comes down to your posture and workstation setup. I don't know about you but a lot of the clutter on my desk is due to devices that need to be charged but have nowhere to sit while being charged. I know so many of you want those fabulous vintage card catalogs but they are so hard to get…wait till you see some of these projects…it’s the next best thing at a fraction of the cost. This Besta cabinet has received a total makeover, and now it's a piece that's totally worthy of your home office. We have five awesome IKEA Hacks that are absolutely perfect for your Office or for your Studio today. Buyers Say Bye-Bye to the City: Are the Suburbs Ready for a Massive Makeover? They usually require a dedicated standing area that can make your office feel cramped, but even when you settle for a smaller budget-friendly printer, it ends up cluttering your desktop. applause for a job done picture perfectly!!! Then hop over to the IKEA Hackers community where you'll find hundreds of creative ideas for modifying and manipulating IKEA pieces in ways you've never thought of before. The Stuva which was found in the children’s section of IKEA. With it, you can stand while you work and run while you watch TV shows and movies. Here are 20 Amazing DIY Ikea Desk Hacks. It is now ready to hold vinyl…transfer paper…cutting mats, hooks…glitter…sketch pens and an array of crafting supplies! Plus it looks great and you can customize it to your favorite color. As such, they end up scattered across the desk -- a problem that could be easily solved with a simple charging station. Any office…studio …playroom or any room would love to have one of these! By Whitney Coy | Feb 11, 2019. Please confirm your email address in the email we just sent you. Creating a home office space can be made so easy and inexpensive with the right Ikea desk hack. How to Choose a New Games Console: PS5 or Xbox Series X? The downside is that treadmills are expensive -- even the cheapest models will still cost you a few hundred dollars, and you really don't want to cheap out on this so expect to spend a bit more. 9 iPhone Security Settings and Tweaks You Need to Know, health problems due to too much computer work, 4 Serious Health Issues From Sitting Too Long (And How to Avoid Them), switching over from a sitting desk to a standing desk, cluttered space actually kills productivity, How to Use Windows Batch File Commands to Automate Repetitive Tasks, Minecraft Fleeceware Scams Millions of Google Play Users, How to SIM Unlock Your Android Smartphone or Tablet. A post shared by little bean (@littlebean.ca) on Jan 22, 2019 at 8:40am PST. He has a B.S. Best of all, the instructions are quite simple. Here are some cheap tips for cleaning up cable clutter. This LAMPLIG charging cabinet is wonderful if your office has a lot of smartphones that need charging day-to-day. Dünzl\ullstein bild via Getty Images. If something goes awry, it won't cost you an arm and a leg. There are so many great examples out there that you … A post shared by Interior Design Toronto (@juliaoradesign) on Mar 4, 2018 at 10:07pm PST. Of particular note are the SIGNUM cable gutter, SIGNUM power strip holder, and MONTERA cable covers. We have 2 IKEA Moppe Drawer DIY’s…the first one is incredible and you can find the spectacular DIY tutorial over at. Don't Neglect These 6 Maintenance Tasks—or Else, Debunked! Or what if you don't have desktop space for it? All of these can be resolved with a single trip to IKEA and a bit of elbow grease. After all, it offers loads of great, functional home office pieces for great prices, but these options also tend to veer toward the basic, even—dare we say—the boring. Did any of these IKEA hacks catch your eye? So where does Ikea fit into this equation? The mail rack is great for papers that are quick-in and quick-out, whereas this rack is better for items of longer-term importance, like forms, contracts, reports, etc. In fact, the more fun you have with your office decor, the better you'll feel while you're in there hustling. Not only is prolonged sitting a serious health risk, but working while standing can also boost your overall productivity. In addition, you may want to learn the basics of DIY, such as beginner woodworking skills and beginner electronics skills. Who says IKEA furniture has to be terrible? This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the, Sorry, we were unable to share this article. If you have a home office with an all-in-one printer, then you know how bulky they can be. This Kullen chest is nearly unrecognizable with some matte black drawer pulls and a fun paint job. It’s chippy…cottagey.. and vintagley delicious. This way, you can space them out as far as you need (or as far as your space allows). Share with us in the comments! Home office from an old PAX cupboard: The PAX cupboard might have been made to store clothes and other items, but it makes a great desk with a few simple tweaks that you can see here. Let’s take a look at the base piece which is called…. It has such a great industrial look for a fraction of the cost. Hope you enjoyed these imaginative and brilliantly executed, « The Cottage of the Week Home Tour featuring Confeesions of a Plate Addict. Here, two Alex file cabinets make up each side of the desk, while a tabletop creates the perfect workspace. If the mail rack solution wasn't enough, you could also add this KVISSLE wall-mounted magazine rack. Savory theme by Restored 316. Prepare to be inspired and I think that one of these DIY’s are going to be high on your list of things to do. in Computer Science and over nine years of professional writing and editing experience. April 14, 2020 April 14, 2020 by hacksaholic. Or you can go all out and build a more advanced version for $150 using our step-by-step guide that's easy enough for anyone to follow. Not to mention the fact that cluttered space actually kills productivity. A post shared by SAMEERA__________ (@wildchilddesignz) on Jan 22, 2019 at 7:16pm PST. If you spend most of your days in front of a computer, whether for work or leisure, then you owe it to yourself to consider switching over from a sitting desk to a standing desk. Here are some of the more practical ideas we've found. Or are you starting to suffer health problems due to too much computer work? A simple solution? It almost seems like there's no good place for a printer, which is why you may want to look into this BESTA extending printer drawer setup that keeps your device tucked away until you need to use it. If you can't find the exact BESTA unit in the guide, I'm sure you can adapt the instructions to work with any kind of drawer unit that's large enough to house your printer. A bookshelf with glass doors always sounds like a great idea—until you find yourself stressed out about all the clutter that's accumulated.