I’m happy to hear you enjoy my recipes. , Hi Will! Thank you so much for your kind words. But you can always adjust (add more mirin – but remember it comes with more alcohol content). Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. When this pan-fried teriyaki tofu becomes part of your regular rotation, you will probably want to try it with different types of sauces. Thank you. Gently coat the tofu with the sauce, and sprinkle katsuobushi over for an extra umami boost! Hi Mandy! Hi I saw that you had different sauces that we could make to go with the tofu and I was really interested in the sesame soy one. Hi Namiko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nd make sure you have enough oil to make the tofu crispy (this is before adding sauce). I tried it a few times but it seems to come out almost a bit slimy, and it take a looong time to sear. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! This was perfect! Sign up for the free Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! If you have more sauce, it’s hard to keep the outer layer crispy, but you can either reduce the sauce or cook on the pan for a longer time to make it more char. Because of their long storage life, light weight, and complexity of production, tofu pouches lend themselves to large-scale factory production and widespread distribution. You can “shallow-fry” the tofu, with 1/2 inch oil in the pan but it won’t be fluffy/crispy like deep-fried version, I think. Thank you for the feedback! So delicious. You can… but silken tofu breaks up easily and when you pan fry and flip the tofu etc, it can be quite tricky. Do you think it could work? Super easy conversion. Place another sheet pan (the same size) on top and add a small amount of weight on the upper sheet pan. One of the most popular tofu dishes you may already know is Agedashi Tofu, which is tender creamy tofu bites in a crunchy deep fried shell soaked in dashi broth. Sounds like I should be turning up the heat, but then the sizzling gets a bit too powerful and oil gets all over the stove top :’) Do you have any advice?