Literature Review Jigsaw is a kind of cooperative learning task that requires learners to communicate with each other in order to fill in missing information and to integrate it with other information. 2010-07-01 . Pemahaman. paper reports how the teachers prepare the formal assessments. The present study illustrates the concept and procedure of the jigsaw teaching method. Some cooperative learning methods were implemented in reading comprehension and writing. The students were asked to do the pretest for the sake of homogeneity and the final exam as the post test for the sake of academic achievement. The research has been handled with the action research method. �ޔ�� ���4>���}-l��8NXN�s�I��:ޗ�ǜr����̢#k͘[��K�sц�i,Z���s���/�:LW�*�X)S��:d��롫lΦy��5lCsվ7���+����̏EN*c��2@�bه��i�}ռ��ؗ&������%SZ��i�}Z��|DKa_7�[FC4�9��Kj����JZ����J�O$сƒT�]h��S�h.2BUF����Ǒ.���ͬ����Z���7���t�}��_�{�. Students … h޼�[�7v���y�`�t�N�勐xfb9�d The outcome of the study provides an insight on the nature of English language Exploring How Text Work. All rights reserved. Developing English Competencies for Senior High School SMA/MA Grade X. Jakarta: Pusat Perbukuan Departemen Pendidikan Nasional Arikunto. The study group consists of 34 students attending 9-A class in a high school in Afyonkarahisar in 2018-2019 academic year. guidelines were also collected for further analysis. In the process of developing reading skills, students' interests and abilities, individual differences play an important role. London: Prima Definition/ Description: Jigsaw is a cooperative learning strategy that enables each student to become an expert on a certain topic, through communication and discussion with others reading the same text, researching the same topic or unit, and then share their findings to their original “home” group. Drucker, Peter F. 2006. Senior High School Keywords: Jigsaw Technique, Reading Comprehension. Work. The main focus of this lesson is the 3 steps of the jigsaw strategy. �m���Ȓ!�����֮�V�:N��ѧX,�I��ڬQO�i�S��i�S*��S��4�dݭSM�4�S�i��H�4�)�kѵ�Ӭz��^��NS=�:Ns�~&��'�=��vJ5o봒 The aim of this reseach is to investigate whether there was an improvement by using jigsaw technique in students' reading comprehension in eighth grade students at SMPN 2 Pasirkuda. 2008. teachers’ assessment practices were actually exploring their perceptions and belief This teaching strategy is effective for accomplishing multiple tasks at once and for giving students a greater sense of individual responsibility. Step 1: Select a grade appropriate text that has the same number of paragraphs as members of each group. Totally 120 students. Results indicated significant difference between cooperative learning and teacher-fronted method of instructions in language learning in General English course. Each group was randomly assigned to one of the treatment conditions-'Direct Activities Related to Texts' (DARTs), Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS), 'Read, Ask, and Put into your own words' (RAP), and 'Title, Headings, Introduction, Each first sentence, Visuals, End of each part, Summary' (THIEVES) models. How to Use the Strategy: Divide students into 5-6 person Jigsaw groups. Students meet with members from other groups who are assigned the same aspect, and after mastering the material, return to the "home" group and teach the … Two separate stories. to the requirements of the school and ministry while following pre-determined steps Students meet with members from other groups who are assigned the same aspect, and after mastering the material, return to the “home” group and teach the material to their group members. Create "expert groups" from each "home group" who will read the same selection. It would be a worthwhile effort to find out if the CL approach has the. The groups should be diverse in terms of gender and ability. 700 Research data were collected by semi-structured interview form, observation form, researcher-practitioner and student diaries. SMA/MA Grade X. Data indicate that students have successfully completed activities related to reading skills by working in cooperation during these activities. Exploring How Text The research instrument used a test in the pre-test and post-test. Thus, the aim of this study was to find out if CL contributes towards better understanding of reading comprehension texts in terms of their reading score achievement and also their attitude towards the approach itself. Process: Divide up the information you’d like your students to have. Although Jigsaw is typically presented as just one in a number of cooperative learning strategies, its origin story has little to do with academics. Cooperative learning. We can see the results from paired samples t-test that there is a significant difference for the pre- test score (M = 47.45, SD = 7,55) and post-test (M = 68.85, SD = 6,38), t (32) = -19,40, p <0.05. English Jigsaw. In make, yield means jigsaw significantly increasing reading at the VIII neap tide students of junior high school PGRI 4 Medan. The strategy was developed by social psychologist Elliot Aronson in 1971 in response to the racial turmoil caused by recent school desegregation in Austin, Texas. The Effectiveness of Jigsaw Method in Improving Students Reading, Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Tarbiyah Muhammadiyah, motivation in learning English especially to reading skill. 4. Highly Influenced. This research was conducted by applying the Experimental method. For nine students, you can have three groups of three … Genre The students are then reorganized into "expert" groups containing one member from each jigsaw group. ... Reading is among the most important ways of receiving input in foreign language learning contexts. Learner's Dictionary. The activities, research was 100 students of seventh grade of SMPN 13 Berau, and the. Create "expert groups" that consist of students across "home groups" who will read the same selection. Save. The “Jigsaw Method” is a teaching strategy of organizing student group work that helps students collaborate and rely on one another.