And Is It Legal in North Carolina? The goal, now and in the future, is to help anyone looking to furnish and decorate a home have access to high-quality, stylish and durable options. So Kapur launched an ambitious plan to overhaul the whole furniture shopping experience with a direct-to-consumer model. We’ve gathered a list of 25 Black-owned businesses where you can find your clothing and accessories while supporting the African American community. I’m on the hunt for a sectional sofa and I stumbled upon them as a made in USA furniture company but I’ve never heard of them and can’t find anything else on here either. Maiden Home Has anyone ever purchased anything from Maiden Home? Maiden Home Aims to Disrupt Custom Furniture With $1,000 Chairs. High Point’s upholsterers are “hands-down the best in the world,” Kapur says. What do they need? Jolene recently earned a master’s degree in theology and the arts at Regent College. “Consumers have really turned inward and are spending more on their homes.” Home improvement across the state has seen a general boost, it seems. The one I’m looking at is priced about $2,000 more than a similar style (U-Shaped chaise sectional) Crate and Barrel sofa I’m also considering. Maiden Home already had its online, direct-to-consumer model in place. It may be more challenging to hear from them right now, but it’s key. This process was a win-win for all involved. Coming into 2020, Maiden Home was already growing. “We have big dreams, but we’re focused on executing very well. Hey! We will definitely be going back to Maiden Home for more! Kapur elaborates, “You might not be able to go to a boutique hotel right now, so how can we bring a boutique hotel to you?”. Thank you! Not long before she tried to furnish her own maiden home, Kapur had witnessed the quality craftsmanship and design of furniture at High Point Market. What Is Delta-8-THC? North Carolina News Daily © 2020 / All Rights Reserved, Let’s Take A Look At The Race For NC’s 6th District. “Comfort is our thing,” Kapur says. Like everyone else, Maiden Home did not see COVID-19 and its effects coming. The sofa frames are hardwood, the springs are 8-way hand-tied, the fabrics are luxurious and free of weird chemicals…basically everything you’re looking for in a quality investment piece. Plank & Pillow. What Are NC Schools Doing About Students Struggling With E-Learning? I just received a Maiden Home Warren sofa that I ordered a couple of months ago. Just wondering how you still feel about your sofa. The increased business at Maiden Home has helped the High Point artisans who previously relied on brick-and-mortar stores. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Throughout our Pivot Series, we’ve been asking business owners and nonprofit leaders what advice they have for their peers right now. Five Upcoming North Carolina Car Shows and Races, Third Quarter Economic Outlook for NC: The Good, Bad and Unknown, Black-Owned Clothing & Accessories Businesses in NC, Advice from the Professionals at High Point Market, ADHD in Adults: How to Cope, Work With and Live With Someone Who Isn’t Neurotypical. A few years ago, Nidhi Kapur was looking to furnish and decorate her first home. The new fall collection is Maiden Home’s complete answer, including a shearling chair and Maiden Home’s first modular sofa. “We took the bulk about of the process,” Kapur says, “and allow customers to buy directly from the artisan.”. Looking ahead to the future, Kapur says, “The vision has always been bigger than just sofas, but helping consumers to bring together a home across categories.”. When it came to developing Maiden Home’s fall 2020 collection, Kapur and her team were asking, “Where are our customers? Like most successful startups, Maiden Home began with a personal pain point. Maiden Home’s furniture is made in the North Carolina region (which is like, the holy grail place for furniture manufacturing) by highly skilled craftsmen. Like everyone else, Maiden Home did not see COVID-19 and its effects coming. Ordered the Warren, will plan to post a picture when it arrives. We want to create timeless pieces, and it’s the details that really make them special,” Kapur says. These are those “modern amenities” Kapur wanted to bring into the furniture industry. Handcrafted luxury for the modern home Design-driven pieces and American craftsmanship quality Do At-Home Sobriety Tests Actually Work Like They Should? Also would appreciate if anyone can upload photos as well!