I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. Vote up the most moving and dramatic speeches that affect you. Take a good look at these popular, great movie monologues and find out if you can compete with the stars! Whose gonna do it you, you lieutenant Weinberg? Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. Some are a minute, others are longer, but these are all great monologues, even including the one by Liam Neeson from Taken. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself....He doesn't like that. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. One of the best movie endings ever. #151 of 276 The Top Tearjerker Movies That Make Men Cry#26 of 151 The Most Inspirational Sports Movies#47 of 172 The Best Sports Movies Ever Made, Small But Clever Details From The 'Blade Runner' Movies That Fans Noticed25 'Blade Runner' Fan Theories That'll Have You Dreaming Of Electric Sheep#59 of 242 The Best Psychological Thrillers of All Time. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. What’s the pool on me up to right now? That’s why any and every every son of a bitch we find wearin’ a Nazi uniform, they’re gonna die. I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. Ryan — I don’t know anything about Ryan. You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives. I teach English Composition in this little town called Adley, Pennsylvania. This famous movie monologues list is an open list, meaning others can contribute. Let us know by voting thumbs up or thumbs down in the list below. Here are 22 of the best dramatic movie monologues ever. Not for an old crook like me. The best dramatic monologues in cinema can be found within every genre. You wanna leave? I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. Some of the best, most famous monologues from movies involve high drama, remarkable acting and, of course, stellar writing. You cant handle the truth! A debit you owe me personally. You can also browse by category: Comedic, Dramatic and One Minute Monologues. From rants to threats to intimate confessions, these film monologues represent the awe-inspiring, the inspirational, and the chilling. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. My name is Lt. Aldo Raine and I’m putting together a special team, and I need me eight soldiers. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. List RulesVote up the most moving and dramatic speeches that affect you. However, all of these monologues from movies share several of the same characteristics: they are all well-acted, extremely moving, and totally make the movie. And once we’re in enemy territory, as a bushwhackin’ guerrilla army, we’re gonna be doin’ one thing and one thing only… killin’ Nazis. And we are constantly adding more and more every week. Eight Jewish-American soldiers. I was coach of the baseball team in the spring time. Many of these speeches are great for acting auditions. From The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger's Academy Award-winning Joker has mobster Gambol savor his last moments on earth by regaling the frightened man with a story about his scars, Behind-The-Scenes Stories From The Set Of 'The Dark Knight'Small Details From Heath Ledger's Joker That Somehow Make The Performance Even Better#180 of 1,189 Every Oscar Winning Film Ever. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! These speeches are great for men and are also great monologues for women, provided you've got the acting chops to pull them off. If weepie drama isn’t your thing, there are plenty of other emotional monologues from movies, and even a few comical ones on this list as well. If you have a favorite film monologue or even a famous movie speech that isn't on the list, add it! That's goddamn right. Want to be able to quote your favorite scene from your favorite movie? Affiliate links provides compensation to Daily Actor which helps us remain online, giving you the resources and information actors like you are looking for. Rocky Balboa delivers this rousing speech to his son before his final fight in Rocky Balboa. I don’t care. Back home when I tell people what I do for a living, they think, well, that, that figures. The last eleven years, I’ve been at Thomas Alva Edison High School. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. There are a number of powerful courtroom dramas that lend themselves to impressive monologues: lawyers, witnesses, and… And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. You stopped being you. Then the time come for you to be your own man and take on the world, and you did. A free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. That's how winning is done! Wanna know how I got these scars?? But if — you know — if going to Remeal and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife — well, then, then that’s my mission. Course, I doubt they're going to throw up any road blocks for that. If you don’t see one you like, keep checking back!eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'dailyactor_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_7',156,'0','0'])); Disclaimer: Daily Actor at times uses affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, Masterclass, streaming services, and others. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you talk about parties; you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall! All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. If it’s a well-known play, you can even try and find it at your local library. Hundreds of free monologues for men, women, teens & kids. Get busy living or get busy dying. What are some famous movie monologues? It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do! But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. #309 of 1,189 Every Oscar Winning Film Ever#98 of 374 The 50+ Best War Movies Ever Made, Ranked#446 of 1,647 The Most Rewatchable Movies. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. Not just a one-liner—the whole thing? If well-executed, any of these famous dramatic monologues are certain to grab a casting agent’s attention. Don't vote down a speech just because you didn't like the overall film. Who's got the right to tell you that, who? It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. Find a character or situation that you can relate too. Many resulted in Academy Award nominations - some who uttered these lines took home Oscar gold. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. It was great just watching you, every day was like a privilege. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Julia Stiles — '10 Things I Hate About You' Kat Stratford's poem in 10 Things I Hate About You was … Son we live in a world that has walls, and those have to be guarded by men with guns. And you grew up good and wonderful. I'd hold you up to say to your mother, "this kid's gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid's gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew." #66 of 355 The Best Rainy Day Movies#10 of 74 The Greatest Movies About CIA Agents & Operatives#373 of 553 The Greatest Epic Movies Ever Made. If you have a favorite film monologue or even a famous movie speech that isn't on the list, add it! It’s just a name. Now, I don’t know about y’all, but I sure as hell didn’t come down from the goddamn Smoky Mountains, cross five thousand miles of water, fight my way through half of Sicily and jump out of a f*ckin’ air-o-plane to teach the Nazis lessons in humanity. He looks at me.... and he says "Why so serious?! If you're an actor looking for the perfect dramatic scene to memorize for your next audition, you'll definitely find some great, easy inspiration here. Pick a monologue that is age-appropriate. I mean maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. Cowards do that and that ain't you! Nazi ain’t got no humanity. What’s it up to? These iconic monologues need to be treasured since these really embody the power of cinema. Parole violation. For the second time in my life, I'm guilty of committing a crime. But somewhere along the line, you changed. Behind The Scenes Of 'The Shawshank Redemption,' And The Making Of An Unlikely Classic#3 of 1,647 The Most Rewatchable Movies#25 of 355 The Best Rainy Day Movies. Now, y’all might’ve heard rumors about the armada happening soon. I hope I can make it across the border. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'dailyactor_com-box-3','ezslot_5',107,'0','0'])); If you’re looking for an audition piece that’s comedic or dramatic, we’ve got some great monologues from movies to choose from! Alright, I won’t stop you. You're my son and you're my blood. When you join my command, you take on debit. You cant handle the truth! I wasn’t there to conduct. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. So I guess I’ve changed some. Roy Batty - I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. This famous movie monologues list is an open list, meaning others can contribute. Lists for every cinephile and "movie guy" on your virtual trivia team. Study this list and learn (or check out these great short monologues for something a little snappier). Quick Monologue Tips: Find a monologue that fits you and your experiences. me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. (looks at other gangster) Why so serious? I just know that every man I kill, the farther away from home I feel. But I got a word of warning for all you would-be warriors. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. Alright. Sometimes I wonder if I’ve changed so much my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her — and how I’ll ever be able to tell her about days like today.