I make this all summer every summer! Shrimp In Foil Packets Grilled Foil Packets Shrimp Boil Foil Cooking Foil Pan Cooking Cooking Recipes Keto Recipes Foil Pack Meals Foil Dinners. To seal the packets, bring the two short edges of the aluminum foil together and fold together to form a seam. It’s easy to work with, holds up to the heat of the fire, and doesn’t shred when handled with gloves or tongs. Add the potatoes to a medium pot, cover with cold water and a big pinch of salt. Add water to a large pot and set over high heat; bring to a boil. We started Fresh Off The Grid in 2015 as a place to share our favorite camping and backpacking recipes. Throw these on … I have done many a traditional seafood boil and they were amazingly fun family gatherings,BUT, this recipe is the next best, shortcut way to have a “boil” on a weeknight. They should be gray (that’s the normal color) and their flesh is sort of translucent. Fresh Off The Grid is a culinary resource for the outdoor community. I used traditional skinless smoked sausage but you can go with andouille, even chicken or turkey smoked sausage would be fine if you want to cut more calories. Thank you, Jen! . We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Give this one a try before summer gets away! I’ll confess it wasn’t enough to suit me. Thanks for sharing your culinary ideas and your hacks! Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen where I teach you the practical strategies for comfort foods that nourish your soul and help you thrive with fewer junk ingredients. Drain. He and Milena own the a popular lifestyle blog called Craft Beering. ... Shrimp & Crab Boil, 3 Oz, Pack of 6. Top with fresh, When you make this recipe, let us know by tagging. While the potatoes and corn are simmering prepare 4 sets of 12 x 24 inch long aluminum foil sheets. You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from Diethood, or by emailing [email protected]. -Do use both butter and olive oil here to get enough moisture in the packets. I tried this recipe out last weekend and it was huge hit! Start by layering the ingredients that will take the longest to cook on the bottom like the corn and zucchini. Posted on June 4, 2020 By: Author Rachel Ballard, Categories 30 Minutes or Less / Main Dishes / One Pan / The Lighter Side. Serve with fresh lemons, Bloody Mary's, cold beer, crusty bread, and plenty of napkins. We're Megan and Michael and we love cooking outdoors! The regular stuff was pretty flimsy and didn’t hold together great. Tear off a sheet long enough to allow you to layer the ingredients inside and seal all the edges. In a large bowl combine Idaho® red potatoes, corn, shrimp, olive oil and Old Bay seasoning. This dinner is a versatile family meal that’s portioned evenly before it’s done cooking. Foil packet meals are quick to prepare, easy to clean up, and can be cooked directly over a campfire or BBQ. Like every good Southern dish, it’s filling for your belly and full of seasoning for your taste buds. Learn how your comment data is processed. Squeeze lemon wedges over the top and sprinkle with parsley. Very easy to assemble ahead of time and pack in your cooler. I like baby red potatoes in this and I cut the largest ones that were about the size of a golf ball in half. Old Bay shrimp boil packets take away all the fuss of a big pot of simmering water (unless you have time for that) and lets you enjoy the same flavors in a smaller, personalized way. Divide the shrimp mixture ingredients between the four aluminum foil sheets. My boys and I had the best time preparing this for dinner last night. Line your packets with parchment paper if you don’t want to cook directly in the aluminum. We recommend stopping by your local seafood purveyor and buying by the pound rather than picking up whatever size is available in a frozen pack. Cooked ones are bright pink, and their flesh will be white. Throw these on the grill, and they are buttery, sizzling and ready to dig in to in under 20 minutes. If using frozen shrimp place the package under cold water for 10 minutes to thaw. Neatly wrapped in individual foil packs, this quintessential shrimp boil is an equally enjoyable option for a fuss-free weeknight dinner or a weekend backyard grill party. You don’t have to worry about losing any juiciness or seasoning while your shrimp is on the grill. 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,387. There are a few ways to go about this shrimp recipe. If you want to avoid cooking in aluminum over high heat, line the inside of the foil packet with parchment paper. Bring the Low Country to your grill with these easy, savory packets. Hi! The fresher the better. Grilling is the classic method, but it also tastes amazing when cooked in the oven. But oh, how I love it. Drain and set aside. Save Pin Print. Such a delicious dinner! A Southern classic adapted for the campground, Photo courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission and recipe author Betsy Haley. They're chock-full of all the good stuff: Idaho® red potatoes, andouille sausage, shrimp and fresh corn. The Cajun blend adds depth and some spicy heat. Get our Taste of the Sea Cookbook, FREE, when you sign up for our newsletter. ↠ Foil Wrapped Baked Sweet Potatoes & Chili, Your email address will not be published. Bring to a boil. These are excellent! Layer the parchment paper on top of the foil. We’ve seen other recipes call for potatoes, but they never finish cooking in time unless you pre-boil them (which defeats the purpose of this easy, no-mess meal!). COPYRIGHT © 2020 FEAST AND FARM | The Wisteria on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. Here we are using Old Bay Seasoning and Cajun seasoning to boost the flavor. « Honey-Sweetened Frozen Lemonade [Paleo, Dairy Free]. Remove from the grill and let cool slightly. Great recipe, and any other I tried has been the same. if you don’t want to cook directly in the aluminum. Place the packets directly on the grill and cook for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking. My family loved your recipe! It’s easy to work with, holds up to the heat of the fire, and doesn’t shred when handled with gloves or tongs. Chop corn into thirds, then chop each third in half lengthwise. Basically you’ll pass out from the spice if you dumped it right on your food. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Transfer prepared packets to a large baking sheet. You want it big enough to pick up and nibble on, but small enough that it will cook along with everything else. It’s okay if it’s sort of a messy pile. The answer is no. How to Cook Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker, ears fresh corn, shucked and cut into thirds, medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined. This fit the bill and was absolutely delicious! Recipe by Coffee, Chaos & Champagne. There's something inside for everyone and it's oven or grill friendly. Whether it’s barbecue season or too cold to grill, shrimp boil is a great dinner option! Campfire, charcoal, propane grill, whatever! We find that placing the packets on a grate over the coals allows us more control of the heat and keeps everything clean. This is the perfect campfire meal for your next camping trip or backyard BBQ. I opted to use potatoes in my recipe since I boiled them ahead of time for breakfast as well. A new favorite meal at my house! Everything cooks the same, just without direct contact with the aluminum. Toss to coat. Do I have to pre-cook the potatoes & corn first. 60 ($0.64/Ounce) Save 5% more with Subscribe & Save. With the butter and steam though I think you’re unlikely to overcook anything. Copyright 2020 Diethood (Katerina Petrovska). Shrimp, smoky sausage, buttery corn, and zesty lemon, this Shrimp Boil Foil Packet is one of our all-time summertime favorites. It’s so tasty! You want the parchment paper to be a little smaller than the foil. Add a handful of chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon, and you’re done! Corn on the cob: We cut our corn into 2” long sections and then cut it in half down the middle. Cook for 10 minutes on simmer and drain into a colander. Season with salt, pepper and old bay seasoning; stir until thoroughly combined. Grill over medium coals or flame 17-18 minutes. We had never made it this way and it was so good! You’ll have less waste. We are currently living “on the road” full time traveling the country in our DIY campervan. Best thing I’ve ever eaten camping! Download one of my cookbooks and get instant access to easy & delicious recipes you won't find on this site. While there are a lot of options for ingredient substitutions in the recipe, the key is to have everything finish cooking at the same time. And to make it simpler for all of us land-locked folks (or anyone who just doesn’t have time to fiddle with layering ingredients in a huge pot of boiling water) these Old Bay shrimp boil packets are the way to go. Try to keep things in one layer and then put the shrimp on top. We’ve seen other recipes call for potatoes, but they never finish cooking in time unless you pre-boil them (which defeats the purpose of this easy, no-mess meal!). Everyone always loves them! Old Bay Seasoning; Lemon Slices & Chopped Parsley: These ingredients will serve as your garnish.