We could make it a tradition! But if we try and ask Holy Spirit to help us, that’s what counts. If your BFF is closer, treat them to watching these best movies about friends. Prayer is power! 50. , a college student at the Alabama A&M University. To get ready for World Kindness Day, read our blog post about how we can actually make kindness the norm. Be the bigger person: Cede the parking space. E-mail, especially, can cause unintentional feather-ruffling. They are extremely healing and increase the bond between two people. As was confirmed by “uncle Jim”, who I met last time I was out on a walk around the neighborhood with a friend. 18. You get out of them only what you put in! The person finding it won’t expect it and it is a quick and delicious way to brighten their day. Here are 50 easy, affordable ways to give — and get — joy. ♥. It really is! 48. On trash day, wheel your neighbor's can out to the curb. You can also text suggestions of funny podcasts for an added dose of comedy medicine. Welcome to Wholeness Haven where we talk about living in wholeness: body, mind and spirit. Forgive someone. I appreciate you! All we have to do to change our own lives is pass it on. #21 – SMILE! Take the time to learn the name of someone who regularly helps you out— whether it’s a security guard, a doorman, or a cashier at your grocery store. My son, who was just a toddler at that time, was having a hard time getting settled. Keep on being beautiful you! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! I am so sorry that I’m just now seeing this beautiful reply! How many places don’t even have handicap accessibility? Shoppers, as well as Mother Earth, will thank you! 38. Leave a stack of quarters on a laundromat washing machine with a note saying they're free for the taking. Prayer truly is powerful and sometimes folks just need a patient and listening ear… and someone who will stand next to them and love them even if it seems they are acting mean or “ugly”. Be physically AND emotionally present with those you care about. How many races and ethnicities are treated with contempt, hate and malice simply because of the color of their skin? ♥. Others have just learned that they are being ‘let go’ from their jobs and have no clue how they will support themselves or their families. Please seek professional advice if you have any questions regarding any condition. #17 Give your parents a gift that’s in their wish list to say thank you for all that they’ve done for you. Your heart is filled with goodness. I tried calming myself down too. Pause and give people the benefit of the doubt. He said we had been the only ones that had stopped and actually talked to him and said hello. We really do assume too much. Tell a parent they’re doing a good job. #20 Spend more time with your parents. She can then pass it along to another new mother who can continue to pay it forward within the mom circle. 29. Take the example of Rodney Smith, a college student at the Alabama A&M University. Amen to that my friend, amen! Canceling a debt can easily eliminate these feelings from a friendship and create a kinder, more loving relationship. After seeing a photo of a Honduran girl in tears at the border, parents Dave and Charlotte Willner started a fundraiser on Facebook to help the non-profit organization Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) (Holohan, 2018). Sis brought that point up, she said she hadn’t really thought about the feelings and struggles of all the first responders. You never know—that photo could be featured on their holiday card that year or become a treasured memento. Your kind words have touched my heart! An act of kindness, no matter how small, can go a long way. We literally have the ability to radically change a life, all by what we speak and do. Currently, the organization served Huntsville, Alabama and Laredo, Texas. He stayed there with us until my son calmed down and started drifting to sleep. Read on for 10 random acts of kindness you can do today. Here are some of the things polite people always say. We all need some help sometimes but it is not always easy to ask.