(iii) All note-generated proceeds are reinvested in the replacement home within 3 months of receipt (see paragraph (g) of this section for an exception). In some states, the information on this website may be considered a lawyer referral service. If the individual has left his or her home but intends to return to it, see SI 01130.100E. individual, if at all. For purposes of excluding “the land on which the shelter is located” (see SI 01130.100A.1), it is not necessary that the individual own the shelter itself. If the individual has left his or her home but intends to return to it, see SI 01130.100E. (In this case, however, the SSA might consider the use of the mobile home as “in-kind support and maintenance” if you're not paying rent.). a question about the correctness of the original determination or indicates that the Shared ownership. of regional instructions, obtain any pertinent documents and a statement either signed to: whether anyone is living in the home while the individual is in the institution; if so, how that person is related to the individual, if at all; and. for Evidentiary Documents (NDReD). The information provided on this site is not legal advice, does not constitute a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or will be formed by use of the site. An individual’s home is property in which he or she has an ownership interest and Management and Operations Support (ARC MOS), for an opinion from the Regional Counsel. (c) If an individual changes principal place of residence. To be eligible for the home exclusion, you must own the home. To qualify for Social Security disability, you must expect to be disabled for at least 12 months. However, there are a few exceptions to that rule. For information on the retention of paper material Generally if you leave your home and don’t “intend to return,” the home will no longer be eligible for the SSI home exclusion. but also to any adjoining land. (. Exclusion of the home. of violence against the individual; or. the recipient has the legal authority to sell without consent of a co-owner and whether If no spouse or dependent relative is living in the home, or if the absence is for This property includes the shelter in which an individual resides, the land on which the shelter is located and related outbuildings. What questions will the SSA ask regarding my case? If an individual leaves his or her home to live in an institution, we still consider the home to be the individual's principal place of residence, irrespective of the individual's intent to return, as long as a spouse or dependent relative of the eligible individual continues to live there. However, previously received proceeds that were not timely reinvested remain countable resources to the extent they are retained. Even if the individual leaves the home with no intention of returning, the property left it with no intention of returning. (b) Home not counted. file with: a sketch of the land showing the boundaries of the various plots and the location With a child receiving SSI, if we sell the house we live in and then any excess money (other than money going towards what we already owe on my current home loan) but all profit/excess money from the sell is being used directly towards the new down/loan for buying a new home/new residence, will anything happen to my childs benefits/payments?