Indulgent, fudgy black bean brownies with a rich peanut butter swirl. I didn’t add the PB to the batter. Could I substitute chunky peanut butter for the smooth peanut butter? Okay I have to admit they looked (and smelled) SO good when I put the batter in the baking dish that I just couldn’t wait and skipped the peanut butter part. These brownies are made in 1 bowl, and include both dairy free chocolate chips AND cocoa powder for ultra chocolate fudginess. Look ma, no extra dishes! . I know it’s not ideal, but it’s all I have! They can be made gluten-free … They are dense and fudgy, sweet and salty, and … Still perfect and smooth. Frankly, I think I ate enough of the batter that this sort of evened out in the end. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Black bean brownies with a peanut butter swirl. I also made these with actual eggs not flaxseed eggs (I’m not vegan) and can report that it still works. They seriously are ridiculous! Ahh, these brownies look incredible! You can even mix up your peanut butter swirls in the measuring cup! You can substitute another non-dairy milk for the soy milk if desired. Cut the brownie into pieces (the size you’d like to serve) and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month. Would definitely recommend adding more sugar and/or nuts if you aren’t using chocolate chips to make these more interesting! My search for the perfect fudgy vegan brownie continues. So strange! For the next batch I’ve had to buy dried black beans as there were no tinned ones at the store. Chocolate and peanut butter come together in these decadent, fudgy treats.Â. We are so glad you enjoyed these! The more fudgy and caramelly you want the flavour to be the darker the sugar should be. So happy my brownies could christen your food processor :D. Could I use Kidney Beans instead of black beans? They got absolutely devoured. Stir to combine. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. In any case, glad you and your bf enjoyed these! I cannot detect the black beans at all, these are not sweet but just sweet enough. Peanut Butter Swirl: 180 g (¾ cup) creamy … Think I’ll post on Instagram! Gah! I’ve made these a couple of times in muffin tins and they taste fantastic! So glad you enjoyed these Stephanie. Chocolaty anybody who is skeptical on black bean brownies; MAKE THESE. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I have yet to make a black bean based brownie, but can’t wait to give these a try. Aw, we’re so glad you enjoy them, Vesna! In addition to comforting chocolate brownies, I have been shopping online more than ever. It should be completely melted and smooth. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Looks great! Such a disappointment! Used sugarfree maple syrup Will definitely make these again!!! Also- I’ve even don’t more maple instead of granulated because I was running low! Bake for 35-40 minutes. You can either wipe out the bowl to keep this recipe truly 1 bowl, or use a smaller bowl to make the peanut butter swirl. Your email address will not be published. I’ve used coconut sugar and monk fruit in Place of granulated in these! I initially skipped over this because I was honestly a little weirded out by beans in dessert. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. The taste was ok but we just weren't fans of the texture. Can you use a mixer instead of a food processor? Easy, fail-proof and so delicious. If it tastes as good as it looks……I´m sold! If they're too tender, let set in the freezer to stiffen so they're easier to lift out. You’re best off storing your brownie in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-5 days. I'm Tajda (pronounced thai-dah) and I'm here to take you on a delicious plant based journey! Vanilla: Any kind of vanilla extract will do. Awesome job (and beautiful photography!). We can’t wait until you try it! For reals. Copyright © 2020 My Vegan Minimalist on the Foodie Pro Theme. I made them in the muffin tins, and they turned out great! But I’d take one of these brownies any day! These are amazing!! A tryin baker T. I made these and the mixture tasted AMAZING! Do not over mix. Not one of the non-gluten-free eaters at the party could palate this and only 1 of the gluten-free eaters seemed to enjoy these. I always give the credit back to you when people ask how in the world black bean brownies could be so delocious.