rlord1974 wrote:Perhaps one caveat I should make: I don't like getting dirt from pedals generally. To describe the sound of Wampler Triple Wreck requires some familiarity with one of the best metal amps in existence. Triple Wreck is packed into a wide chassis that looks fairly simple and is devoid of any intricate graphics. This is my review of the big, bad Wampler Triple Wreck, I appreciate you checking it out :) The song in the background of the speaking bits is "Knot" by the wonderful and talented CHON. Wampler Triple Wreck V2. You could try to use it with a dirty amp but I’m not sure if there would be much – if any – advantage tonally and you’d have another set of knobs to tweak. Inputs and outputs are all in the back, where you will also find the DC adapter port. Now, the Wampler Triple Wreck lets me get that same kind of beefy, modern, overdrive tone out of my 1x12 combo amp - without all of the weight to lug around! Wampler Triple Wreck Review Brian Wampler designed the Triple Wreck because he wanted to realistically capture the feel and high-gain sound of the Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier and … 10+ Joined Reverb. $100. The Triple Wreck is probably one of the tightest, thickest highest gain distortions you have ever heard. The Wampler Triple Wreck is about as close that a pedal can get to the real deal (of course, depending on what amp, cab and EQ settings may be factored in at the signal chain). Then Wampler went on and did something completely mind boggling. most capable distortion pedals you can get for metal, The 35 Best Electric Guitars – Your Guide To A Great Sounding Instrument, The 43 Best Acoustic Guitars – Great Sounding Instruments In Every Price Range. Woody’s has a Used Wampler Triple-Wreck Distortion Pedal. Although aimed at metal heads this pedal can do more than just thrash – you can get some sweet high-gain solo guitar sounds out of it as well. This responsiveness can have its downsides too – a small adjustment of one control can dramatically alter the overall sound and lead to a retweaking of several others, but this is a price well worth paying for the pedal’s overall flexibility. Find More on Reverb. For more info about the Wampler Triple Wreck, click here. The boost can be sculpted via a contour blend control between fuzz and crunchy distortion. Our Wampler Triple Wreck review finds out why this pedal is such a high gain monster. Wampler Triple Wreck Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal When this pedal was thought up, it was decided that Wampler would take no prisoners. NAMM 2017: Wampler Dracarys and Bravado 22-Jan-17; NAMM 2016: Wampler Pedals 21-Jan-16; New Wampler Tremolo Pedal 06-Jul-15; A Bass Pedal For Bass Players 03-Jul-15; New Wampler Marshall-In-A-Box Pedal 26-Feb-15; Even more news... More Stories: BOSS Introduces GT-1000CORE. From what we have told you by now, you might think that Triple Wreck is just a raw gain pedal that is hard to control and even harder to make a sense of. Your email address will not be published. Pedal Power and Tone Make sure to check out the reviews but first of all press the red button below to see if it fits your music taste. Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Deluxe Review, 9V or 18V: Power Supplies and Overdrive Pedals. It has a three band EQ- which means you can get that ‘scooped’ modern metal sound, and … Some are made by the big brands, others by more boutique manufacturers, we don't have any particular prejudice either way – if it sounds good that's all that matters. Here’s why this is odd. Controls are probably what gives away most of Wampler Triple Wreck’s attitude. CP-15: Wampler Triple Wreck. Put the Joyo . And it does EVERYthing well!!! GuitarFella.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising Excellent. Im hoping Im just the one in a million guy who has wierd taste, because I want to believe in the Legend that is Wampler. You missed the CP-43 Pegasus Overdrive clone of the Klon. The Hard setting adds a warmer thump to your tone, and the Brutal setting adds a high-end sparkle for a more full-spectrum sound. Wampler Triple Wreck, new version with top jacks, great condition, boxed. Get it plugged in to a clean channel on your amplifier and let the Triple Wreck get on and do its thing. We are your new best friend when it comes to guitars, gear, lessons and everything else that goes with the greatest musical instrument in the world! Although it might seem a little unnecessary for a high gain pedal like this one Wampler have included an additional boost switch which fleshes out the sound with added meaty fuzz. Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion Pedal. Be the first to review “Used Wampler Triple-Wreck Distortion Pedal” Cancel reply. New BOSS Loop Station Pedals. For more info check our Affiliate Disclosure page. Required fields are marked *. Wampler Triple Wreck is already a gain heavy pedal, but now you have a whole new source of gain to slap on top of its default levels. $225. The chassis itself is robust to a point where you could probably use it as a weapon. Choosing a guitar and learning how to play can be overwhelming. program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Wampler presents Distortion Pedals Triple Wreck B-Stock.If you are on the lookout for guitar and bass effects or guitars and basses in general, then this may be a fitting choice. Let me first start by saying I don't like distortion pedals but I am a fan of Wampler's stuff and I like fuzz boxes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. These two … Reply. The idea was to provide a more modern array of tones by altering the internal gain stages (three total), giving more transparency and bite with a tighter low end. Free Shipping. Shipped From . Message Seller. Ive purchased and returned the Wampler Triple Wreck, Dracarys, and Pinnacle Deluxe V2. Wampler pretty much took the standard distortion design and threw it out the window. $10 shipping to the lower us 48 states. It is incredibly easy to dial into and sounds great at any volume. 2017. Jymmerpaal Intergalactic. CP-24: MXR 10-band EQ . Required fields are marked * Your rating * Your review … Brian Wampler is a little too quick in sweeping through the tonal options, but it does provide an example of its metal potential (I think the demo video is probably aimed at a particular kind of player). The Bogner Red smokes the Plextortion up, down, and sideways. For those who want the Mesa-Boogie high-gain sound without the Mesa-Boogie money this pedal is a must have. Re: Wampler Pedals: Sovereign and Plextortion. Power supply: 9V battery or 9V power supply, 5 year warranty from date of purchase (if you sell the pedal on the warranty is transferred to the new owner – a nice touch). Although it migh… It’s has a rich & bold frequency response & can be very easily dialled in just the way you like it. If we weren’t familiar with this brand and model, a build such as this one would sound completely ludicrous. Controls: Voicing switch (between hard and brutal), volume, gain structure, boost contour, treble, mid, bass, true bypass switch and boost switch (the last two can be foot operated). Watch. Wed, Feb 20, 2013 9:11pm . Sales. The Triple Wreck has two distinct voicings. With the hard voicing and a little scooping of the mids you can get that late 80s high gain sound, flick the switch to brutal, bring the mids back up and add a bit more gain (and drop your tuning) and you’re into Slipknot territory. Wampler is supposed to be the legends of dirt pedals, but I have sadly NOT seen that. I stumbled across the triple wreck and my ears perked up. Like all Wampler pedals, the Triple Wreck is very responsive. Overview Featuring an onboard three-band EQ and voicing switch for hard or brutal modes, the Wampler Triple Wreck is a multi-purpose pedal with a wide range of distortions easily within reach. 04/11/2020. Wampler Pedals specializes in putting amp tones in a box. You can scoop the mids and get massive Korn-like sounds, roll back the gain a little for Foo Fighters type riffs or tweak a few knobs and have great John Petrucci-style lead tones. I'm pretty firmly rooted in 80s and 90s hard rock and metal, and this baby just absolutely nails that sound. Lets take a look. The company’s Amp in A Box series—which includes the Triple Wreck, SLOstorion, Plextortion, and Pinnacle pedals— does a valiant job of reproducing legendary high-gainamp sounds, while the Heritage series—the Plexi-Drive, Black ’65, and the new Tweed ’57— is all about the classics. The Wampler Triple Wreck is a high gain overdrive/distortion pedal that brings the tonal characteristics of high gain amplifiers like the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier & Peavey 5150 to within reach of us mere mortal guitarists. In reality, this thing sounds pretty much like a 5150 on steroids. The Best Guitar Amplifiers On The Market – The Complete Buyer’s Guide To Great Guitar Tone, The 23 Best Guitar Pedals – Your ‘Must Have’ List, The 10 Best Guitar Strings – Recommendations, Categories and a Beginner’s Buying Guide, Top 5 Online Guitar Lessons Websites in 2019 [Beginners To Advanced], The 10 Best Guitar Tuners – Get the Most out of Every String. Mosky TW. IK Multimedia Launches AXE … CP-16: 2-stage distortion with 4148 clipping diodes in both stages. Many people have told Wampler that it sounds more like a 5150® amp to them than a distortion pedal. The Triple Wreck seems to be aimed at those guitarists who are after the Mesa-Boogie tones found in so much modern metal but lack the funds to splash out on an actual amp. Whether it is Wampler’s experience, their ingenuity or just luck, all that gain works. Needless to say, there is nothing one can do on or off the stage, that could put this pedal out of service. But aside from mimicking the Mesa, the pedal itself has some unique tonal qualities that give it that little extra in the tone department. To describe the sound of Wampler Triple Wreck requires some familiarity with one of the best metal amps in existence. This unit has a unique take on the Mesa Boogie Rectifier amp and combine that … Yes, it’s a bit more pricey than your average distortion pedal, but your average distortion pedal can’t do this much or sound this good. With this Brian Wampler Wampler Triple Wreck presents a High- Gain - Distortion - Pedal , which convinces with its extremely brutal sound. Triple Wreck Review More From: WAMPLER PEDALS. Brian Wampler designed the Triple Wreck because he wanted to realistically capture the feel and high-gain sound of the Mesa-Boogie Triple Rectifier and EVH 5150 amps in a single pedal. This pedal is pretty mediocre, has a mid heavy sound, and must be tamed with an EQ.