Hunting is a lifestyle, an avenue to enjoy the outdoors, to put yourself to the test, and to provide wholesome food for the table. I use Greek style yogurt and increased the amount to 5 Tbsp.I think it also helps to form the burger patties in advance for better flavor. It took a few tries (bummer) and we had to make venison burgers several times (shoot) and we had to be sure to try each of them loaded with ripe tomatoes, melted cheese, and fresh bakery buns (darn). Serve on buns; top with cheese, mayonnaise mixture and sliced tomatoes, if desired. Hey friend! By using our website, you accept our use of cookies. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care professional for any questions you may have regarding your symptoms or medical conditions and before taking any home remedies or supplements. Venison is much leaner than beef, and deer fat, in general, is not appetizing, with a waxy mouthfeel. Give your patties a quick spray or brush of canola, vegetable, or other cooking oil that will take the heat without burning; this will keep things from sticking to the grill. Making Bone Broth, How to Make it and Why Drink it. +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((+!![]+[])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!! I used light sour cream instead of yogurt, white onion instead green, sharp cheddar instead of pepper jack, and lightly toasted honey wheat bread slices. high quality content. Shape into eight patties. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You don’t want to overwork the meat too much or it will give you very tough burgers. The gamey taste is limited … We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Used lite sour cream instead of yogurt (had no yogurt) & used canned mild chilies instead of fresh. Heat your grill on high and be sure to scrape … Be sure to do your burgers justice with quality buns, buttered and toasted on the grill for a couple of minutes. Deer season will be here before you know it. Chill your cubbed meat and fat before grounding so that they are firm but not completely frozen. [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]))/+((+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])-[])+(+!![])+(!+[]-(!! We won't send you spam. Cook your burgers over even heat, placing them on the grill for 2 or 3 minutes for a good sear. I’m a small town girl living in PA with my husband, and our dog – come read more about the team, For more venison cooking tips check out my free guide. Right before you form the patties, grate in about 2 tablespoons of freezing cold butter (I use a regular, old cheese grater). [])), +((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]))/+((!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+[])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]-(!![]))+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![]+!![]+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!![])+!![])+(!+[]+(!! Be sure to enjoy the summertime, and the next time you fire up the grill, put on some wild game burgers! Adding a burger with some heat to your recipe collection is an amazing way to enjoy and share deer meat this summer on the grill. The gamey taste is limited but you still get the wonderful flavor of the meat. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. These are absolutely perfect topped with a slice of colby jack cheese and fresh tomatoes. I like to use a fork and my hands. i cant wait ot make this again. Posted by Brittany Arcand on July 6, 2014. Box Blinds | Deer Hunting Strategy. Typically use ten onions instead of green, and often add an egg to the burger mix. Your email address will not be published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imple Grilled Venison Burgers  Wedding Recap Part 2 - It's OK to Laugh at the Altar. There are plenty of things to help you stay focused on whitetail food plots and off-season management programs to taking a kid fishing and sharing your love for the outdoors. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. It should not be sticky, but still easy to handle and form patties. Heat oil in a pan and add your burgers, then lower the heat a bit. Brunch Pro by Feast Design Co. Never miss a recipe or the latest on Miss Allie's Kitchen! Hi Brittany..Looks so yummy!! Recipe adapted from Leite’s Culinaria #burgers http://t.co/EdaKRVgP3O via @OrganicThemes. I made these tonight for dinner and they were so yummy! Don’t be afraid to season a package of ground elk, antelope, or even moose from your freezer. unique articles, search for; boorfe’s tips unlimited content. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Two Years Ago: The Ultimate Snickerdoodle Recipe & Sour Cream Cherry Bars Thoroughly mix in the egg yolk, Mac Mama seasoning, and hot sauce. When I tell people to add butter to burger meat I sometimes get flack from the health police. Pan-fry, grill or broil over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-5 minutes on each side. Mouthwateringly good. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. We sub plain Greek yogurt for the mayo and the yogurt. I always opt for very high quality, grass-fed butter, by the way. Season patties on both sides with the steak seasoning. This process is automatic. 1 large egg (to help hold it all together), 4 medium, ripe jalapeno peppers (cored, seeded, and diced), 3 egg yolks (to help hold it all together). Three Years Ago: Sweet & Tangy Ribs & Cobb Potato Salad. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. —Jerry Honeyager, North Prairie, Wisconsin, Ground Venison Burgers Recipe photo by Taste of Home.