M isha as a boys' name (also used more regularly as girls' name Misha) is pronounced MEE-sha. Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page. As we can clearly see in the graph above, Misha is a popular name in the USA. Misa is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. [citation needed]. The lucky number associated with the name name and it is an A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. [citation needed], In 1977, the committee organizing the Olympics held a contest for the best illustration of a bear. Misha This information is enough to give a clear idea about the name. Misha is the second studio album by Misha. Your email address will not be published. Instead, we recommend that you pay a greater attention to the origin and meaning of the name Misha. In Russian Baby Names the meaning of the name Misha is: Nickname for Michael: gift from God. In french meaning is : Feminine of Michael :Who is like the Lord. Russian meaning: Pet form of Michael; The meaning of the name “Misha” is different in several languages, countries and cultures and has more than one possibly same or different meanings available. Find Meaning of name Misha in different Region (country of origin), different Religion, different Caste, different Rashi, different Nakshatra, Find name links with God/Goddess names. Would you like to fingerspell the name Misha in American Sign Language? Misha as a girls' name (also used less commonly as boys' name Misha) is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Misha is "who is like God?". Misha the Little Bear (こぐまのミーシャ, Koguma no Mīsha), is an anime television series produced by Nippon Animation and Asahi Broadcasting Corporation. [3] At the end of the ceremony, Misha with his balloons was released and rose in the air away from the stadium, and this nostalgic moment has been fondly remembered by Russians. View the Misha Name Popularity Page to see how the popularity trend for Misha has changed since 1880, or to compare the popularity of Misha to other names. The judges chose Victor Chizhikov's design depicting a smiling bear cub wearing a blue-black-yellow-green-red (colors of the Olympic rings) weightlifter's belt, with a golden buckle shaped like the five rings. (2018 U.S. SSA RECORDS). Clicking on an Amazon link from http://www.pitarau.com/ does not increase the cost of any item you purchase. Although unique, your little enchanting Misha, is sure to make it a memorable one. STARTS WITH Mi-Variations. These names tend to be less commonly used than Misha. Chizhikov also complained that Bely and the other two mascots (the Hare and Leopard) was lacking personality. Below you will find the popularity of the baby name Misha displayed annually, from 1880 to the present day in our name popularity chart. In the Arabic origin, Misha means "Lively; Woman". Mishka can mean two things: – a diminutive version of the Russian name Misha (Michael), – a diminutive version of (bear). Popular varying forms of Misha (#1994 LAST YEAR) appearing in the Top 2000 are Mia (#7), Michelle (#263), Michal, Michela, Micki and Midge. here's a list of recommended resources what we do! Chizhikov noted that the Bely's facial features were all taken from Misha, saying "they just pumped him up and made him fatter". He was designed by children's books illustrator Victor Chizhikov. A girl called Misha can be the one in a lifetime girl that can make the difference in your life. Misha Mengelberg was a Dutch jazz pianist and composer. Your email address will not be published. Misha the Bear creator claims Sochi 2014 polar bear has been stolen from him, Olympic News – Official Source of Olympic News, Sochi Bear mascot 'blows out' Olympic flame to cap off a great Olympics for bears | Fourth-Place Medal – Yahoo Sports, 2014 Sochi Olympics: Sochi bear mascot cries, blows out flame during Closing Ceremony (Video), Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying and Nini, The Swiss Family Robinson: Flone of the Mysterious Island, Araiso Private School Student Council Executive Committee, Yakyū-kyō no Uta: Kita no Ōkami, Minami no Tora, Future Boy Conan: The Revival of the Giant Machine, Heisei Inu Monogatari Bau: Genshi Inu Monogatari Bau, Tensai Bakavon: Yomigaeru Flanders no Inu, Sinbad: A Flying Princess and a Secret Island, Sinbad: The Magic Lamp and the Moving Islands, Sinbad: Night at High Noon and the Wonder Gate, Gekijōban Haikara-san ga Tōru Zenpen - Benio, Hana no 17-sai, Gekijōban Haikara-san ga Tōru Kōhen - Tokyo Dai Roman, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Misha&oldid=973653630, Anime and manga featuring anthropomorphic characters, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles containing Russian-language text, Articles needing additional references from December 2016, All articles needing additional references, Articles with unsourced statements from May 2019, Articles with unsourced statements from December 2016, Articles containing Japanese-language text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 18 August 2020, at 12:47. This is one of the unique and popular names with impressive meaning. The name Misha is of Russian origin. Misha Mish finds reference in Kavya Literature (काव्य literature), Kathasaritsagara and Rajatarangini with meaning false appearance, fraud, deceit. [2], In Russian, Misha is a short form for the Russian male name Mikhail (Michael), and Mishka is a diminutive of Misha. Misha is a very good name from the Sanskrit origin with good meaning attached to it. originated name with multiple meanings. A user from Kentucky, U.S. says the name Misha is of Russian origin and means "Who is like God, or a shortened version of Mikhail. Also, most anthropomorphic bears in Russian fairy tales have this name. The name originates from the Sanskrit language but is more often used as a Marathi name. Misha [2], During the closing ceremony of the 1980 Olympic Games, a giant effigy of Misha the Bear holding a cluster of balloons was paraded in the stadium. Other recommended sound-alike names are Abisha, Aeisha, Aesha, Aisha▲, Ayisha, Aysha, Basha, Brisha, Dasha, Elsha, Erisha, Fusha, Iesha▼, Irisha, Isha, Kasha, Kesha▼, Kiesha, Kisha▼, Lesha, Licha, Lisha, Maisa, Malisha, Marsha▼, Matha, Melisha, Mesa, Miah▲, Mica, Mika▲, Mila▲, Milka, Milla, Mima, Mimma, Mina, Minda, Minna▼, Minta▼, Mira▲, Mirham, Mirka, Mirla, Mirna, Mirra, Mirta, Mirtha, Missy▼, Misti▼, Misty▼, Mitra, Miya▲, Monisha, Nesha, Niesha, Nisha, Pasha, Tasha▼, Teisha, Tisha▼, Tosha▼, Trisha▼ and Tyisha. The different meanings of the name Misha are: Hebrew meaning: Who resembles God? At the end of the opening, the Olympic rings were added with text indicating that the characters were being used with the consent of the International Olympic Committee. Arabic and the lucky number associated with is 8. Hi! Misha What does the name Misha mean? my name is misha and i love the name and yes some people in my life such as family call me Mishu too!, i am Misha but i love to call Mishu by someone special in my life and he is Usama, i love my name but plzz give me exact meaning Misha. Learn about nautical flags and see your name or message written in nautical flags, on the Misha in Nautical Flags page. Misha is a word popularly used among Hindus as a feminine name. STARTS WITH Mi-. Learn how and when to remove this template message, closing ceremony of the 1980 Olympic Games, "Умер художник Виктор Чижиков, создавший образ Олимпийского мишки", Russians Get Misty for 1980 Olympic Mascot Misha—Except for His Creator – WSJ, "Philip Barker: Sochi 2014 have lot to live up to match Misha farewell at Moscow 1980". Children named Misha are often artistic and adored but most of all they are read more >>. If you consider naming your baby Misha we recommend you take note of the special meaning and history of the name as your baby’s name will play a big role in its life and your baby will hear it spoken every day. The religion of the name Required fields are marked *. It consists of 5 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced Mi-sha. Searching for a name is a very important and fun process as it’s the very first gift you will give to your baby. The name's popularity and ranking is announced annually, so the data for this year will not be available until next year.