Press J to jump to the feed. Does Rogers TV, phone (and smart home monitoring) have any surprises I should know about? CompareMyRates.ca is an independent platform, not affiliated to any specific service provider or company. An Ethernet/wired connection and at least one additional wired or wireless connection are required to reach maximum download speeds of up to 1 Gbps for Rogers Ignite Gigabit Internet. Rogers Ignite 150u, The freedom to discover more HD videos, sports, music and more on your devices. Data usage subject to Rogers Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy. Please note: all prices exclude applicable taxes. Find the Best Internet deals in Canada. Rogers Ignite 60 Activation: $50 Bell Canada Fibe 150 150 / 50 Mbps. Wait. CompareMyRates.ca is an independent platform, not affiliated to any specific service provider or company. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For PC users only. After all, that's the main goal. I dunno, I have had both Rogers and Bell over the years. Be careful, Bell raises rates at least twice a year. Usage allowances apply on a monthly basis and vary by tier of service. I am currently on Bell Fibe 50 for $65/month, thinking of switching to Rogers for their current promotion (Rogers Ignite 250u for $75/month). Yes this helps, especially since I live in the same area. Hey ignite 150 good the bundles are good for 12 months I’d say after 10 months start looking at new deals as it goes way up after 12 months and they only tell you on your bill I’m very small writing it’s coming up in 2 months... if the bundle comes with 150 that worth if not I say 60 is just as good. Offer available to new Rogers Ignite Internet customers in Ontario, New Brunswick or Newfoundland activating Ignite Internet 60U, 150u, 500u or 1G before March 29, 2018. Ignite is simply the new name for Rogers Internet service. Usage exceeding the data allotment provided is charged in increments (refer to the applicable overage rate for your plan) to a max. No contracts. So, depending on where you live, one is going to be better than the other. im looking to switch out of rogers because my deal with them is done and someone told me to get bell fiber, the highest fiber internet i can get is 50. is fiber 50 better than ignite 150. there is five people at my house who use the internet constantly for gaming and watching things online. Usually, any tech issues that arise are pretty quickly resolved, sadly social media rarely shares the good side of things and only the 1/1000 times where something could go wrong. FTTH is only available in certain locations and most Bell locations are still twisted pair to the home with downloads of typically 50-100 Mbps max. A subreddit to discuss all the news and events taking place in the province of Ontario, Canada. Etobicoke is in the GTA, in between downtown Toronto and Mississauga. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Not sure why you're being down voted, Bell is notorious for handing out deals and then raising the price a few months later. Rogers can be shit too, but from my every experience they've gotten a lot better. So im looking to get a new internet plan and its come down to Bell Fibe 50 and a couple of Rogers plans, Ignite 150u and Ignite 500u. With Rogers you are not guaranteed that 150 Mbit. Also, the 150mb rogers promises you is the UP TO speed promised. Bell is offering 50/10 whereas Rogers is offering 150/15, 500/20. P.S. it doesn't say. Assuming you're talking about the $69.99 promotion located here You get a $50 credit for signing up, your price is $38 cheaper ($69.99 as opposed to $107.99) per month for 12 months, and you have. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Copyright 2018 Bells & Whistles Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Speed and quality connection is the means to attain that goal. Even though that's kinda far from me, knowing that it works for online gaming and Netflix hd is still useful info. Yes, if your in a fairly new house, then you will get Fibre to the premises do it and enjoy it. Do not sign up with Bell. But if you have fiber to the home, I would take bell. First, the main plan characteristics and monthly plan price are listed. I thought Rogers internet slows down when lots of people use it at the same time. For instance, Execulink, and Rogers are both cable internet providers whereas Bell provides fiber internet. to 500 Mbps. And what's the upload speed? Or is it only for 12 months? I play online games and my ping is decent and streaming Netlix in HD on computer and tv at the same time has always been fine. Upload speed is 15Mbps. Subject to change without notice. Comparing features: cable internet vs. fiber internet * ... Bell Canada Fibe 50 Activation: $50 Installation: $0 Modem Purchase: $0 Sub-Total: $50 Plan Price: $76/month Dry-Loop: $0 Sub-Total: $76/month Year-1 Costs: $834* Year > 1 Costs: $912. The ToS says "For PC users only." Unlimited usage. Keep an eye on https://www.bell.ca/PriceChanges. * Includes $78 in discounts ($26 per month for the first three months) and $50 one-time costs. This applies to both fttn (vdsl) and fttn (fiber). Cable depends on how many people are subscribed in your area. Visit rogers.com/protect info for full details. Taxes, a $14.95 one-time activation fee and a one-time installation fee (waived for Self-Install, Basic $49.99 or Professional $99.99) apply. High download and upload speeds from 50 Mbps. As you will see, with your Bells & Whistles service you can save hundreds of dollars per year â€” please note, no contracts necessary. One time $50 bill credit will be applied to customer’s first or second invoice after activation. EDIT: Also, have they ever increased the prices? The modems themselves though, Rogers modems are shit, gotta swap them out every 6 months to a year. What is this referring to? Bell Fibe strictly depends how far away you are from the switching station. The company provides several packages, so you get to choose one according to your specific requirements. Compare internet speed, download limits, price, and promotional offers. Overage greater than or equal to 0.5GB rounded up to the next GB. Then, we list what you would be paying in the first year, including one-time installation, activation, other fees and temporary discounts and what you would be paying in the year after the first year. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Rogers Ignite 150 150 / 15 Mbps. 1. There is no real difference. Offer available for a limited time to new Rogers Internet subscribers within Rogers cable service area in Ontario (where technology permits) in Ontario. $100/month overage. * Unlimited Usage — $100/month. As you will see, with your Bells & Whistles service you can save hundreds of dollars per year â€” please note, no contracts necessary. Never had an issue really with slowdowns or anything like that. This applies to both fttn (vdsl) and fttn (fiber). Best High-Speed Internet Plans & Service Providers, Best Cell Phone Plans for International Travel, Best Unlimited Talk, Text & Data Cell Phone Plans, Bravo Telecom – TV + Phone + Internet Hybrid Fiber 15 Bundle, Best Distributel Internet Plans, Deals & Special Offers, Best Bravo Telecom Internet Plans and Offers in Quebec. Will it slow down during peak hours? Was the customer service for this (and any fees applicable) reasonable? The internet has to work for Mac and other devices, right? The company is wholly focused on providing various futuristic plans that are likely to meet the requirements of most customers. Unlimited usage. Or stay. It would be much faster (250Mbps download vs … The unofficial subreddit of Rogers, one of the largest telecommunication providers in Canada. For a limited time, the company is providing free installation with all packages. It would be much faster (250Mbps download vs … I’m at Scarlett and Eglinton and have ignite internet. "How long have they been a customer" is the FIRST thing. Typically, we're aiming for 80% on the small scale, however, in most cases, you'll get higher speeds, usually around 170MbpsD~ and 17MbpsU~. First, the main plan characteristics and monthly plan price are listed. If it’s available, wouldn’t it be preferable to get Start instead? Depending on the package you select, you might benefit by getting free installation. Speeds may vary with internet traffic, server gateway/router, computer (quality, location in the home, software and applications installed), home wiring, home network or other factors. Advertised regular price applies in month 13, subject to any applicable rate increases. Forgot to add I’m also in south Etobicoke.. High download and upload speeds from 50 Mbps.