I would say it was more delicious than what I have had in a restaurant. I added diced sweet potatoes and used some cubed frozen first, sauteed tofu in it. The food is amazing and tasty. But I wanted to ask if it can be frozen? Hi! Scale 1x 2x 3x Ingredients. Check it out! I don’t have Instagram, if not I would definitely post! To make the curry, warm a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat. So yummy! This is so delicious, and so easy. Thank you for such a great dinner recipe. I’m glad you liked it. We will always pay a living wage to our employees and take care of the earth while supporting the local economy of Asheville, NC in every way possible. Divide rice and curry into bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, if you’d like. Tasty, creamy, and satisfying. Sometimes I add shredded chicken. Hi Anne! 1 ¼ cups brown jasmine rice or long-grain brown rice, rinsed; 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil; 1 small white onion, chopped (about 1 cup); Pinch of salt, more to taste; 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (about a 1-inch nub of … Oh my, this was so delicious. Remove the pot from the heat and season with tamari and rice vinegar. :), I make this curry. Wasn’t sure it needed it. Easy to make, delicious results. I made his for the second time last night, and you’re right, it makes a great breakfast, too. Thank You for sharing such an amazing article. Feel free to change up the vegetables, as long as you slice them so they’re all pretty small and about the same size. Here at Big Blue Thai BBQ , you will experience the liveliness and excitement of our exhibition kitchen. Recipe yields 4 servings. Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the peppers, carrots and kale have softened to your liking, about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. All rights reserved. Many recipes do not give what you can replace one of the ingredients in the recipe. It's located across the side street by the Jack in the Box and tucked away in a little shopping center off Commercial. It was delicious! I am strange so I substituted 3 tablespoons of caper brine for the vinegar, I think caper brine mimics fish sauce. Can add or leave out chicken and butternut squash. You should be able to find everything you need for this simple curry at a well-stocked grocery store. We can’t stand the taste, and I have one that is allergic to it. Hi! Not all brands are (they can contain fish sauce and/or shrimp paste). It was just what I was craving! I cook fresh, vegetarian recipes. .Thanks for sharing :). It’s warm, comforting, and perfect for cool days. I loved making this recipe! Big Blue Thai BBQ - Salem, OR is a relaxed bistro with a warm vibe for spicy curries, noodles & other Thai favorites, plus beer & wine.| View our menu and order online To cook the rice, bring a large pot of water to boil. Other Curry Pastes. (We tried tofu but it was a miss). Also: Personally, and when not cooking for the family, I would add some chili pepper & some cilantro. Thank you from the heart of the Mediterranean. I appreciate your review. This was so yummy! If you enjoy this hearty dinner recipe, be sure to check out my cookbook for more! During this time of confinment, I felt like I travelled through eating this delicious Thai dish. I made it and it really felt like I was eating at my favorite thai restaurant which is about 4 hours away from me. I’m happy you enjoyed it. Also, the nutritional information should note that each serving contains about 69% of the daily saturated fat advised; that would matter to some people. All rights reserved. Feel free to change up the vegetables (you’ll need about 3 cups total) and skip the kale if you want a more traditional Thai curry. You know dinner was good when you want to eat it for breakfast. 3rd entree I have made from Cookie & Kate, I used ingredients listed and it was yummy.