Drain and chop, … Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. I usually prep two smaller pans and freeze one to cook on another day. If desired, sprinkle with coarsely ground pepper. To assemble in a 9 by 13 casserole dish: Lay cabbage leaves to cover the bottom of the dish. Top off with additional parmesan cheese if desired. After boiling the cabbage leaves, they should be soft and tender. Add the broth. Leave a comment below, I can't wait to hear from you! Can't wait to make it again. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/old-fashioned-cabbage-rolls We recommend adjusting according to your dietary restrictions, if any, and taste. Feel free to add some grated mozzarella cheese as the topping. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. Excellent taste, easy & quick to put together. I have looked at the recipe several times?' Your email address will not be sold or shared with anyone else. You'll be more inspired to cook and treat your family with quick, tasty, homemade meals! Cover sauce with half the mozzarella cheese. Economical meal in our Canadian fall season: $0.50 for half a head of cabbage, $1.00 one can of tomatoes. I probably am blind! Bake for another 10 minutes until cheese melts. Preheat oven to 350°. Will definitely make this again. Top with half the meat mixture. Next time, I will reduce the amount of broth by 1/4 cup and the total time by 20-30 minutes. Place 2-3 cabbage leaves on the bottom of medium-sized bowl. Directions Step 1 Use a cooking pot to boil 2 cups of water. In a large deep skillet (or large pot) over medium heat, heat oil. Bake for another 10 minutes until cheese melts. Allergy info for the enchilada option will vary according to the low-carb tortillas you use. Cover with the remaining cabbage leaves. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Will definitely fix again. © Copyright 2015-2020 AlmondtoZest.com. Whatever the dish you are preparing, it really doesn’t need to have high-carb contents for it to be delicious. Cabbage noodles are thinner than zucchini and are much wider. So, making this recipe exactly as written: it's dry, bland, and only vaguely like cabbage rolls. Just wondering? The filling wasn't terrible, but clearly needed a lot more than 1/4 tsp of salt. Carefully, without spilling, pour the boiling water unto the cabbage and set aside. As I was making the sauce, I wondered how the spices would blend and now I know. The only thing is thing is I'm not a big fan of thyme it is a very strong herb, I did use it but a very little bit. Pour remaining tomato sauce over top. Allow it to cook well for 15 minutes. Parboil leaves in salted boiling water for 5-10 minutes. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Cabbage Lasagna – Low Carb and Gluten Free, https://www.instacart.com/bjs/products/157264-galbani-whole-milk-ricotta-cheese-3-lb, Keto Friendly Yeast Bread Recipe for Bread Machine, How to Cook Boneless Pork Ribs in the Oven Fast, Keto Shortbread Cookies (Gluten-Free, Low-Carb), Keto Fries: Making Low Carb French Fries with Jicama, Chicken Green Bean Casserole (Gluten-Free, Keto), Keto Sweeteners & Low Carb Sugar Substitutes, How to Start a Low Carb Diet Plan Successfully, Best Keto Foods List For Burning Fat Efficiently. Great job Ricardo team! Am I blind? In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until … Ensure that the mixture is uniform and smooth. Spread half the cheese mixture over the cabbage leaves. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef, until meat is no longer pink. Crumble half the meat mixture into a 33 x 23-cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish. 1/2 cup (125 ml) long grain parboiled rice. Please visit our, Follow Ricardo's TV show on Radio-Canada.ca (available in French only), © 2020 Ricardo Media Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Will try to salvage this somehow so I do not have to toss the all the ground beef. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Organize the cabbage leaves into three piles. Drain. Add the remaining meat and rice in the same way. 1 large onion, chopped. Your email address will not be published. Due to the large number of questions we receive, we are unable to answer each one. In a bowl, combine the meat, onion, garlic, and spices. Stir everything well and set aside. Most people love it. So get ready for some really delicious flavors. Login to rate this recipe and write a review. Allow them to boil for about 15 minutes before removing and placing in a blender. Serve in a plate preferably with some nice sauce and enjoy. Stir in 1 can tomato sauce and next 6 ingredients. Preheat oven to 375°. Add in the remaining slices of onion, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro. This Holiday Oreo Cookie Tin Is Packed with Fudge-Covered Oreos, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided, 1 medium head cabbage (2 pounds), shredded, 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese.