This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. However, after a recent trip to Dubai, I would suggest to any single ladies to get yourself there for a girls’ weekend – there are men everywhere! This is an area that an expat should be quite careful about when on a date with a Singaporean. Susan: The Screening Room rooftop bar is good during the week; and it’s not crowded, in case you’re anxious about seeing people you might know. So be prepared to face the flurry of questions that may come your way from family members and relatives, especially the famous “When are you both getting married?” (again, if you have been seriously dating that is). Penny: I’m still fairly old-fashioned, and I think you can meet someone through friends and social networks, although I’ve also dated men I’ve met in bars here. There also seem to be a lot of younger guys out there who are into older women – something I wouldn’t say no to! Singaporeans, though modern, often hold a slightly different set of ideas when it comes to dating. Potato Head and Chijmes are also decent spots. Penny: I’m originally from Sydney, where there are plenty of available men. This is partly due to the government policies expats only singapore DATING dating to be purchased by the couples or singles over 35 as well as the conservative attitude of parents and families across all singapore communities, and so marriage is still the desirable state in order to make a life and, more importantly, raise children. Dates in Singapore:. Please note that this serves as a general guide and may not apply to all Singaporeans. Again, it is best to be sure what your local dates are up for before assuming and finding yourself in trouble. Penny: I’ve been on two dates through the Tinder app, and I’ve been lucky as both were good – and “normal”! Copyright 2019 LivinginSingapore.org - The Expat Guide to Living in Singapore. For more helpful tips head to our living in Singapore section. In Singapore, while it is more common for a man to make the first move, it is also acceptable (and in some cases, liked) if a woman makes the first move. Susan: I’m a rookie, so I’ve only been on a handful of dates, and all of them have gone quite well. Singapore Dating & Friends is an upscale dating service that caters to successful international singles. Often, Singaporeans are more readily to accept dates after knowing a bit more about the person, be it a fellow local or an expat. Online Dating Tips for Men vs. Women. Online dating can be an educational and fun experience for expats in Singapore. I also met a guy on Tinder who was here on holiday; three months down the track, we’re still talking and have seen each a few times, but he doesn’t live here, so the long distance thing is tough.